Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 06:41:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHelp name this thang!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help name this thang!  (Read 787 times)
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: December 20, 2012, 07:32:34 PM »

I'm working on a spiritual sequel to my first (finished) game (Walker)
seen at: http://www.invincibletime.com/

Walker was a 1 (now 3) button game because I was learning. Learning about oh so many things.

But for THIS game, I want to go all out.

I want to throw as many sidescrolling mechanics in as I can without overlapping each others territory too much (perhaps a little so there is more than one way to go about doing things).

It will have items you can use, like zelda, and that you can pick up, like mario bros. 2.

It will have an assortment of classic moves like ground pound (yoshis island)

and wall cling/jumping (megaman X)

Also, elemental abilities. I'm channeling a little pokemon. It might also have a pet or two that can follow and assist.

Of course there will be modern touches too like time rewind (already functional).

Oh and hats. Gotta love those hats.

Heres the dude using the fire ability.

You can see the assortment of colors you can change to. They all have a unique power or two.

Yeah... there won't be THAT many items. Sort of overshot the size there, but there will be equippable abilities, expendable items (like nourishment), and little artifacts, so, ya never know.

You may be thinking, designing levels for something like this would be really challenging. Well your probably right and I'm up for the challenge. Hoo-ha!

My only concern is... What do I name this monster?

I was thinking of something perfectly generic like "videogame village" (as youll start off in town) oooorrrr...  videogame. land.  Videoland. Gameland. no. uhg.

Also, I just started another devlog for Omulus here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30515.0
 which would be more story driven and whimsical/stylistic. I'm hoping to pit them against each other to find out which idea garners more interest.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 08:15:49 PM by flipswitchx » Logged

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 11:08:39 AM »

Name it
E V E R Y T H I N G
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 12:23:20 PM »

hahaha, I like!