Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 07:02:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSubsistence [HTML5 SciFi Action Thing]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Subsistence [HTML5 SciFi Action Thing]  (Read 3434 times)
pfaulty
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 05:13:46 PM »

Thanks DancinLion.
I honestly don't know why the link isn't working for you on the last build. I know I have issues on IE concerning interpolated pixels.
The movement is quiet slow, I agree. I think if I make the player move faster I'll have to create a better walking animation or an alternative one for those times the player chooses to run.
The heads can be pretty boxy. Wish I knew how to sprite a little better but this is about as good as I get...recognizable human shapes.
I'm glad you are liking the direction. Here have a peak at some of the new character types. I spend weekdays on art and weekends on coding.

Start of enemy human soldier, possible marketplace dealer and the race who makes robots (I have them in a ton of colors but turning way to Care Bear-ish also those eyes)

I make Subsistence and would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
thersus
Level 0

Sometimes I'm grumpy, sometimes I'm not.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »

Everything looks great, I just don't understand the awkward controls...

pfaulty
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 07:13:34 PM »

Everything looks great, I just don't understand the awkward controls...
Thanks.
For some weird reason I chose W the first time I needed a key. Which then resulted in W,E,R,T which is very horrible. Do you have a preference in moving with WASD or arrow keys? I should remap the whole thing (plus I intend down the line to allow the player to remap to whatever they want).

I make Subsistence and would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
thersus
Level 0

Sometimes I'm grumpy, sometimes I'm not.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 05:13:38 AM »

Personally, I prefer using WASD to move if I use the mouse for something on the game, if no mouse is used then I like to move with arrows and use WASD, or Space/ZXC, for the other actions.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic