Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:22:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPlot for our game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Plot for our game  (Read 1338 times)
Serge
Level 0

2D Artist & Graphic Designer

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2012, 05:24:21 PM »

Hello Smiley, this is our game (name is work in progress) we decided to do a surreal world, a twisted version of our modern one.

We wanted to concentrated our efforts mainly on gameplay mechanics and art assets,  now we need an orientation about the game story so we are considering  this three options.
We would like to know which synopsis plot do you think would fits better by looking at the images below:

1.- A bored office guy with a really nasty and tedious job who finds an escape from his routine in a twisted world.

2.- An elite soldier  who tries to go out from a plague in an infected city due a failed experiment which he is part of this one.

3.- A world created from wastes of the known reality and a being that is in a quest to find the odd dimension-consciousness, architect of this world.

Actually in this moment it is not a commercial game and we don't have intention to do a full one by now, so we are doing only one level with a boss at the end, just for portfolio and experience but all is up to feedback.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:53:22 PM by Serge » Logged
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »

Idea number 2 seems to fit best. The first one seems kinda cliched. The third seems...interesting, but not particularly structured.

Anyway, I love the graphics and style of the game. Really nice work. Too bad you don't plan on doing much with it.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Serge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 09:10:26 PM »

Idea number 2 seems to fit best. The first one seems kinda cliched. The third seems...interesting, but not particularly structured.

Anyway, I love the graphics and style of the game. Really nice work. Too bad you don't plan on doing much with it.

I thank you for your answer Smiley.
About the game everything is up the feedback we receive here.
dormir
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 10:29:01 PM »

I actually think 1 and 2 are both a bit cliched. I don't fully understand what an "odd dimension consciousness" is in number 3 but it sounds pretty interesting! A world constructed from the "wastes of the known reality" is curious sounding and also fits very nicely with the look of the game.

The art assets are very nice (especially the title screen) although it is worth noticing that they quite strongly retain their individuality in the screenshots. I mean that the sprites contrast with each other quite a lot and consequently there's a disjointed feel rather than a more unified look that most games go for. I assume this is intentional given the out-of-place traffic lights, etc. and I'd go with it totally. An abstract story like number 3 will give you much more flexibility to fit in with the art style you have than number 2 which would require a lot of actors (the military, etc.) and other necessary context/themes that may not be complementary to the style you have created so far.

Also, who exactly is that main character? He looks like he must have a story already...

I'd also like to echo Quicksand's sentiment and suggest that you keep an open mind about expanding it into a full game if the first level works out well.
R.D.
Level 2

Making a game about balls. Yepp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 10:06:21 AM »

In my opinion all of them have some cliches in them (Depends on where you come from Smiley). I personally love the first one. The second one is something we already had in some way (Prototype, Fallout or Resident Evil). Games about the mind and how twisted it can be are something I would prefer Smiley

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 04:56:18 PM »

I think 3 sounds good, but doesn't really fit what looks like the action platformer it is. And nice art, I really like that title screen  Smiley

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 04:59:28 PM »

I'm kind of curious why everything looks so 'noisy', like it's being resized a smidge with no smoothing.

Otherwise this looks great!
Serge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 12:24:59 PM »

I actually think 1 and 2 are both a bit cliched. I don't fully understand what an "odd dimension consciousness" is in number 3 but it sounds pretty interesting! A world constructed from the "wastes of the known reality" is curious sounding and also fits very nicely with the look of the game.

The art assets are very nice (especially the title screen) although it is worth noticing that they quite strongly retain their individuality in the screenshots. I mean that the sprites contrast with each other quite a lot and consequently there's a disjointed feel rather than a more unified look that most games go for. I assume this is intentional given the out-of-place traffic lights, etc. and I'd go with it totally. An abstract story like number 3 will give you much more flexibility to fit in with the art style you have than number 2 which would require a lot of actors (the military, etc.) and other necessary context/themes that may not be complementary to the style you have created so far.

Also, who exactly is that main character? He looks like he must have a story already...

I'd also like to echo Quicksand's sentiment and suggest that you keep an open mind about expanding it into a full game if the first level works out well.

Hello, thank you for your answer We really apreciate it Smiley about odd dimension consciousness we thought that something with many elements interacting inside with each other like a dimension could be somehow a kind of life, maybe not all the dimension indeed just a part of it, and this one could have developed some kind of consciousness that may rule some reality configurations in this world. About your question ´´who exactly is that main character?´´ we dont even know that (lol), we imagine it is a being made in this world, those kind of characters that you never know where they come from.
Serge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 12:27:14 PM »

In my opinion all of them have some cliches in them (Depends on where you come from Smiley). I personally love the first one. The second one is something we already had in some way (Prototype, Fallout or Resident Evil). Games about the mind and how twisted it can be are something I would prefer Smiley

Thank you very much for your participation. You already gave your opinion about option 1 and 2, but could you tell us what do you think about option 3? Smiley
Serge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 12:28:49 PM »

I'm kind of curious why everything looks so 'noisy', like it's being resized a smidge with no smoothing.

Otherwise this looks great!

Thanks Smiley, We are gald you like it,
Do you think any of the plot options could fit the art that you saw?
dormir
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 05:18:31 AM »

about odd dimension consciousness we thought that something with many elements interacting inside with each other like a dimension could be somehow a kind of life, maybe not all the dimension indeed just a part of it, and this one could have developed some kind of consciousness that may rule some reality configurations in this world.
I love it. Go with it and don't skimp on the mentalness.

Games about the mind and how twisted it can be are something I would prefer
I tend to agree with this too.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic