Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411412 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 09:46:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAmnesia
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Amnesia  (Read 13441 times)
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 02:22:34 AM »

An update at last...  The game's back in production! 

You can see new informations on it in my blog...

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 02:15:50 PM »

Here's a new screenie of the lighting system in action.  The background's by Lord P. Duncan.  The look is still very much w.i.p. 

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 03:07:06 PM »

Kiss

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 03:45:04 PM »

I had good results with XNAnimation.  Not sure how optimized it is, but it was relatively painless to use. You also get full source code so you can modify it to your needs.  At the very least it's better than starting from scratch.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 03:00:53 AM »

Ah I didn't mention it here, but I've switched back to my main language for this project, for simplicity.  I realised it was too much work for shadows, so I'm concentrating on solid lighting instead.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 12:33:45 PM »

Ok so I realised once again I can't make the game in it's current form.  Although it's going really well, it's just too big.

What I'm thinking of doing is a series of short vignettes, based on the dreams of the main character leading up to the events in the main game.  Then if they go well, I'd go on to put some serious time into the main game.  This way I should be able to get across some of my ideas in a smaller format.

Here's a shot, using a style I'm trying out... Much quicker and sketchier:

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 08:13:41 AM »

Here's a new location, just testing out colours and shading...

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 08:41:23 AM »

And a sketch of the 'Floorman'...

fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 01:36:25 AM »

Liking that loads, keep up the art man!
johnnoz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2009, 02:19:32 AM »

Really liking the look of this game! Good luck on getting it done  Grin
BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 06:05:01 AM »

It looks really 'palettable' - and very nice use of the wacom tablet.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 06:43:25 AM »

Hi there, things have progressed a little.  I started making a game in a cave for Ludum Dare, which turned out to be very similar to an Amnesia scenario I had in mind.   So, one became the other, and here are the results, in the form of a promo video:

[SNIP!]

In other news, the incredibly talented and prolific Dock has agreed to help me out with this, taking control of character design and animation.  I really look forward to what he's gonna do with it!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 12:04:42 AM by Jasper Byrne » Logged

PlayMeTape
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 11:31:53 AM »

Your youtube video is private. Is it supposed to be? Anyways, this looks great. Keep it up Smiley.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 12:04:22 AM »

Ah sorry about that.  I've decided to hold off on the video for a while.  As Dock's doing some work on the main sprites I'd like to wait until I'm totally happy with the look before putting a trailer together.  I'm in no rush, but of course I'm excited to show you guys... So as soon as I have something I'm happy with will do a new video.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2009, 12:38:35 PM »

I kinda want to begin a fresh Devlog for this, as things seem to be progressing, and a lot has changed since I first posted a thread about it in Feedback.  Either that or if one of the mods sees this and they could move this thread over there, then I could just re-write the overview in the first post, which is quite out of date?

Anyway, this is my first screen of how I see the player's room, and the kind of art I'm gonna be using.  The sprite's likely to change a bit though, as this is just my old one, and Dock will be doing the new one.

I'd welcome and criticism or advice on the background because I'm not a natural artist at all, and am a little out of my comfort zone!  Also, looking at this image, I'm playing with doing hi-res text as the game has a lot of dialogue...  I'm not usually a fan, but I feel it could possibly work here, especially for how much easier it makes dialogue to read? (This screen has been scaled down, it would normally be 1024 across.)

johnnoz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2009, 03:03:38 AM »

Really like the look of the background, gives a real nice grimy feel. Personally I think that the shadows could have a little more contrast with the light but that's just minor personal preference. I don't mind the text being high res but i think a more blocky font would suit it a bit better. Really anticipating this being finished someday  :D
deathtotheweird
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2009, 04:08:14 AM »

Indeed, it looks very interesting. Just don't quit it like you did with Soul Brother  Tongue

i kid
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2009, 06:07:14 AM »

Hopefully it won't come to that, hehe.  Soul Brother's on hold until I can figure out how to solve a couple of issues with it, design-wise.  I think it still could get finished at some point!

godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2009, 09:38:31 PM »

Woah, I really love that style.  Nice work. Smiley

/////////////////////////
God at play - meaningful games - spiritual games
@godatplay
/////////////////////////
Zaid Crouch
Level 0

*doink*

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2009, 09:55:05 PM »

Looking awesome! (One really small nitpicky thing that does bother me is having a tatami floor with no genkan/entryway.)

I think the text looks fine. In combination with the visuals, it kinda has a subtitle feel to it – I can almost hear the dialog being read in my head, which is a good thing in my book.  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic