Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:49:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAmnesia
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Amnesia  (Read 13426 times)
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2009, 11:24:33 PM »

Thanks guys.  The lack of genkan is modelled on an actual flat I lived in in Oji, Tokyo.  They had western doors but tatami flooring.

Still working on the look of the game, but here's a teaser of what the apartment exterior is gonna look like (the lighting was thrown in in at the last minute as a test and there's no shadows yet):

So the plan now that I have a couple of linked locations is to finalise the way my game serialises its objects, then improve the editor to make scripting available for all of them...  Fiddly part, but I have it all planned on paper now.  Hopefully should go fairly smoothly!

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2009, 04:29:08 PM »

Here's the result of another day's work on this (still needs some work on the side of the building and the pavement, and a few more details):

Zaid Crouch
Level 0

*doink*

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2009, 03:22:50 AM »

Here's the result of another day's work on this (still needs some work on the side of the building and the pavement, and a few more details):

Not that there was anything wrong with the first one, but that looks so much better :D

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2009, 07:11:11 AM »

More progress... It's getting there.  Still figuring out how to render the light and shadow.  The whole environment is about 3x3 screens.

Here's what it'll look like in-game:

Here's the full-size version:

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:09:50 AM by Jasper Byrne » Logged

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2009, 03:21:45 PM »

The artwork is looking great. You are probably going to hate hearing this but your perspective is abit off and its especially noticeable through the glass window in that screen shot.  The whole background has been drawn with an angle looking downward thats why you can see the top of the building.  The character is drawn straight on. Now this mixing of perspectives does work sometimes in games but usually for it to work there needs to be only a minor shift in perspective.  I think your angles are a bit too different.  I dont think it looks terrible but it definitely looks strange to me. (most noticeable in your screen shot through the window in the cafe) Just ease that angle off a bit so that you cant see so much inside.

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2009, 03:57:59 PM »

I see what you mean there.  The backdrops are great, but when I looked at the character (which came after), I noticed it didn't quite match up.  You almost gotta give the guy some "head-top" or something to make the angle work.

That's some pretty amazing backgrounds though.  Man, awesome!  Beer!

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic