Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411980 Posts in 69438 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 16, 2024, 06:18:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessMy Game Almost 7k Downloads on 2nd Day of Release
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: My Game Almost 7k Downloads on 2nd Day of Release  (Read 2554 times)
trilby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 03:11:55 AM »

I have submitted "lite" apps to the app store before although admittedly not games.  I think if its a lite version you may get away with it.  I can't recall seing any app with "demo" in the title.  You know what apple are like, everything has to be by the book.  Also you know it can be worth disputing the reject reason, one of mine went from being rejected to being in the app store within an hour because I disputed it.  One of the reasons I got rejected once was that my 'lite" app linked to their app store so you could buy the full app.  This is against their T+C's oddly enough  Roll Eyes

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 03:29:44 AM »

Seriously guys, read his posts... It's an iOS game...
I previously tried to release a cut down version or 'lite' version but Apple rejected the game and shown me this message:

(this image was found on the internet, the one i got was exactly the same, but it's iOS Store and not Mac Store)

I've seen a lot of lite versions out there not sure why mine was rejected.
Oops, my bad then. I guess I need 2 1ern 2 reed.  Facepalm

Since it's an iOS game that's really weird, indeed. My guess is that you caught them in a bad day or something because even Angry Birds has a lite version. You could send the trial version to them one more time hoping they don't reject it again I guess. Apple's app review system can get weird sometimes.

Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 03:58:34 AM »

Hi guys. Sorry for late reply. Yes, I was quite puzzled as to why I wasn't able to launch a lite version (I locked 2 characters and 2 game modes left only 1 character and 1 game mode for player to try) but there are so many lite versions out there in the appstore. It's iOS appstore by the way, sorry for the confusion caused.

LITE versions or demos are allowed on the store, but if you read the fine print you're not allowed to show any features of the full game blocked out. I submitted a lite version of my game ages ago with some game modes crossed out and they rejected and pointed this out to me. Bit odd that they didn't give you the specific reason but that'll be why it was rejected.

If you just remove any reference to it being a demo and don't show any cut off features you should be fine.

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 04:39:54 AM »

So basically they want that you provide two games, one free but complete, the second being an extension of the first one and paid.

That's not insane but that's quite strange.

Virion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 08:19:35 AM »

Hi guys. Sorry for late reply. Yes, I was quite puzzled as to why I wasn't able to launch a lite version (I locked 2 characters and 2 game modes left only 1 character and 1 game mode for player to try) but there are so many lite versions out there in the appstore. It's iOS appstore by the way, sorry for the confusion caused.

LITE versions or demos are allowed on the store, but if you read the fine print you're not allowed to show any features of the full game blocked out. I submitted a lite version of my game ages ago with some game modes crossed out and they rejected and pointed this out to me. Bit odd that they didn't give you the specific reason but that'll be why it was rejected.

If you just remove any reference to it being a demo and don't show any cut off features you should be fine.
Hmm didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Embarrassed
20k downloads now by the way. Beer!
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 02:16:07 AM »

If it's that good, please port (free) one for Android too Tongue
Virion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 01:08:32 AM »

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bigbunkerstudio.waachafree

Well, hello there! here you go. The gameplay is very simple as it's the first game I did with my current team.
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 12:46:01 PM »

Anyway now we have manage to earn a little bit from the free version through ads (only at the main menu and paused menu, we don't show ads when player is playing the game) but still couldn't cover back the costs we have spent to develop this game.

For our next game, we'll be doing PC game instead. Everything is much easier to do on PC compare to mobile. Thanks for all the inputs from you guys, really appreciate it.

Gentleman

I would suggest raising it to $0.99 in a week or so. Since the game will have gotten a bit of publicity you should make some $$$ off it.
trilby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 01:36:24 PM »

Well done on this one, it's great inspiration for other mobile devs.  It has got to be worth a try putting a price on it  Hand Thumbs Up Left.

Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 04:54:45 PM »

Ah, I see it now.

Now first off, the graphics, user experience is brilliant. I like how well it goes with mobile. I can see why most people would download it immediately after seeing the screenshots.

But to not pull any punches... the game has about the depth of Pong with power ups. The controls are a little glitchy, which is uncomfortable for a game that relies so much on controls.

The main reason it's not selling is that people don't expect it to be a keeper. When you charge someone a price, they have to make a decision whether they want to play this game for another hour/week/month/year (based on price) or just delete it. Most chose to delete.

You're probably about 80% there… you'd just need to add some stuff on it that makes people think it's worth playing every night before sleep for a week or so. (it doesn't actually have to be, or it might already be, but you've got to sell that aspect)
Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 07:21:15 PM »

I just checked out the Android version of the game. It's pretty good! The presentation is rock solid and as simple as the gameplay is, it's pretty addicting. I had to play it a few times to see if I could survive a bit longer.

Great work! What's next?

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic