Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:00:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRate my game-trailer plz! :)
Poll
Question: How would you rate my game-trailer for Doggie Blues 3D?  (Voting closed: January 06, 2013, 11:57:21 AM)
It's an abomination! - 0 (0%)
meh! - 2 (22.2%)
Not too bad. - 4 (44.4%)
Made me want to learn more Smiley - 3 (33.3%)
I just wet my pants (in a good way). - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rate my game-trailer plz! :)  (Read 919 times)
Colorcoder
Level 0

*le logo

View Profile WWW
« on: December 27, 2012, 11:57:21 AM »

YouTube link:

youtu.be/B97B69rblqA

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:05:53 AM by Colorcoder » Logged

KununguaK Iversen
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »

I found it much too long. I felt like it should've ended around the 1min mark, because everything after that was basically more of the same. That said, I liked the music and the gameplay you showed made it look fairly enticing. The humor (particularly the "no pants" part) turned me off a bit, but for the most part the trailer was pretty decent.

Typo: Near the beginning, the soldier asks if he has the "whit", which should be spelled "wit"

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
gtzpower
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 10:41:59 PM »

I think the game looks fun!  I didn't care for the comic at the beginning too much but it does setup the story, so don't know what I would change about it (make it shorter?).  Just wasn't as interested in that as I was the game play footage.
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 11:12:12 PM »

Feedback: I think the VA needs some work, at least in terms of recording, it sounds very hollow. The trailer up until then seemed pretty tight, but that made it suddenly seem amatuerish (but it felt really professional up until then.) The joke about "yo momma" and "no pants" falls flat for me.

Other than that the "free cheat code" text seems a bit odd, I liked seeing lots of gameplay but didn't understand what was going on-- maybe fewer and more focused clips with text interspersed explaining more clearly what you need to do?

Hope you don't mind the negative feedback-- on the positive the visuals are really great, the intro story also gives a great impression except for the jokes and badly-recorded voice work (the VA itself might be OK if it was recorded better.) Basically I had a great impression of the game up until the VA/jokes, and apart from that I think you could explain the gameplay a bit better in the meat of the trailer.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 04:36:56 AM »

Cons: Too long, and "yo momma" jokes aren't funny
Pros: nice music, game looks enjoyable

because of how long the trailer goes on the music gets repetitive and the game starts looking limited, which makes me second guess wanting to buy, if the trailer simply got me excited with the nice polished menus, music and a gameplay then stopped there with a prompt to buy it would be much more successful than if it bores the viewer by making them watch someone else play so much of the game they already feel tired of it.

Colorcoder
Level 0

*le logo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 06:10:51 AM »

Thank you so much for your feedback - i really apreciate it!  Beer!

I have taken your input seriously, and edited the trailer -cutting away the storyline, and shortening the length down to 1 minute.

New link supplied in first post. Hopefully the new video will adjust your poll acordingly Smiley

-K

KununguaK Iversen
holliebuckets
Level 0

lover of all things nerdy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 08:10:18 AM »

I didn't see the original but this seems okay.  I wonder if it would be better to show longer clips instead of so many short ones.  I liked the banner that popped up and gave a description, but maybe put it sooner?  Also the music sounds great Beer! but I think it could be a little louder.  In the end, I wanted to learn more about the game - I'll be playing it as soon as I'm able!!  Smiley Good luck!
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 05:12:59 PM »

That's a big improvement, good work

chrome-fox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 07:17:49 PM »

My first impression is, the game looks interesting, I like it Grin

Some personal notes from me, the grey colored explosions looked a little out of place in the rainbow-y colored land where the game took place.
The character that says if you like puzzle and platformers also seemed a little out of place (what I got in mind is, I've only been seeing doggie so far, who's he suddenly speaking to me?)

NOTE:
I only watch the second trailer at first, saw the first trailer after that, I just realized that there were other characters besides doggie in the first trailer, you should've at least include part of the story panel in the second trailer, that would make more sense.

Also, I prefer how the BGM starts at the beginning of your studio logo (colorcode) like in the first trailer instead of the silent one you did in the second trailer.
IndieEmma
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 07:46:12 PM »

*le troll le me le troll le not le troll le bad le troll le
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic