Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:59:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPixel Kingdom: an RPG defense game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pixel Kingdom: an RPG defense game  (Read 1388 times)
Axelarc
Level 0

Never lose the drive.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2012, 01:43:12 PM »

Hey guys I just launched a kickstarter today. It'd be cool if you checked it out. Here's some of the concept art, too. Happy developing.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/293140109/pixel-kingdom-for-pc-android-and-ios

poe
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 06:38:01 PM »

It's = it is.
Its = possession.

Proof read your rewards.
Squidly
Level 1

You See Here a Profile

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 12:54:50 AM »

What I like: You seem genuine, 5000 isn't a lot assuming the licensing and all that shizz is taken care of. The game actually looks good, but...

It doesn't seem new.

See, I'm in love with pixel based games, and I'm confident this has a chance (as long as you don't over-complicate it with nit-picky statistics and the like) at making it big. However, there just doesn't seem to be a hook.

Okay, it's a midieval RPG defense game... What else?

Maybe you can wow us with some samples of clever class design (so far you have Rogue, Warrior, Berserker, the basics) or enemy design. Perhaps you have a wonderful story you want to share. Perhaps this is a roguelike RPG game with infinite levels (if not, don't do infinite levels or you'll get the "easy and infinite game" phenomena.)

But you need a draw. A catch. A "this is different."

I love pixel art, and I'd love to play this game, but for the rest of us: there needs something a bit different to warrant a contribution. (I'll donate as soon as I've got some spare cash on me, before your draw ends.)

Also, your $150 reward says there are 10 spots when you left 25 slots open.

Also, you might want to change the intensity of your rewards - $400 for a custom unit in a low level (no offense) game is a bit too much. In fact, 150 is too. Those would be rewards for some sort of massive super-project, an Ouya cost $99 in comparison.
yuotta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 01:06:01 AM »

How are you using Unity3d for 2d games? I have wanted to figure out how to do that forever.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic