Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 05:26:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Looking for 2D artist for iPhone game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for 2D artist for iPhone game  (Read 2045 times)
deekpyro
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2008, 12:11:48 PM »

Hey guys,

A friend of mine recommended I check you guys out and I'm liking the site.  I've been a Mac game shareware developer for a few years now, fortunately I've been able to pay a good chunk of my college through some shareware - http://batteryacid.org/.  Now that the iPhone market is exploding I figured I'd buy a Touch and get in on it. 

The project is essentially a 2D basketball game with quite a bit of style and some unrealistic moves (I've always preferred sports games that aren't going for simulation).   I spent August crafting a 2D skeletal animation editor for the game so I could throw up some pretty fancy animations pretty quick, and although I've been busy with school this month I built enough of an engine on the phone to start work on the actual game.  Now I'm getting more concerned about the art for the game and I'm looking to get in contact with some more artists. 

Here's quick screengrab of the game with some development art - hhttp://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture2zl0.png It might appear basic but gameplay wise the game is being fleshed out very quickly. 

So I'm looking for talented 2D artists to help me build the court, background scenery, and shade the character art.  Contact me to get more details.  Cheers.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 04:57:29 PM by deekpyro » Logged
jango0821
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 08:08:26 AM »

I know somebody that could help you, but he's really busy, i'll have to ask him sometime.
medieval
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 10:43:30 AM »

Yeah. Please be interested in the community itself or leave.
Corpus
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 11:33:43 AM »

What Medieval meant to say was that he suggests you introduce yourself here, and that he's glad you decided to join the community.

So, yeah, welcome.

We prefer it here if you try to become part of the community so that we know you're not just spamming. That's what it is - a community, not a notice board. Introduce yourself (you've done that here to some extent, at least) and try to get to know people a little bit better, and that way they'll have a clearer idea of your personality and, hopefully, be more interested in collaborating with you.

It's always good to see more Mac developers Beer!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic