Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:14:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDreams Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Dreams Thread  (Read 4994 times)
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 04:41:21 PM »

...hotline miami?

Haven't played it, but heard about it. Maybe I'll look into getting it.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 05:08:13 PM »

all my teeth fall out all the time
This means that you are very attached to your appearance, and fear that something can permanently damage it. Teeth are a symbol for good physical appearance. Alot of people seem to have dreams about their teeth feeling out, so no need to worry :p

I have been having dreams about being in high school, and failing classes because I didn't attend them. I never really skipped classes, and when I did I felt "guilty" about it. I have also just graduated college so there is nothing to fail anymore. Pretty weird.

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 05:27:25 PM »

all my teeth fall out all the time
This means that you are very attached to your appearance, and fear that something can permanently damage it. Teeth are a symbol for good physical appearance. Alot of people seem to have dreams about their teeth feeling out, so no need to worry :p

I have been having dreams about being in high school, and failing classes because I didn't attend them. I never really skipped classes, and when I did I felt "guilty" about it. I have also just graduated college so there is nothing to fail anymore. Pretty weird.

Wow, that was a cool interpretation, I'd like to see more like that. Is there any specific dream interpretation book you would recommend?

Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 05:48:17 PM »

I never really have interesting dreams. Last night I had a dream I was skateboarding in a park with a friend for a while. See what I mean? Not interesting in the least.
Friend
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 12:08:25 AM »

It started with me being a hobbit and runing from a giant ogre like creature. Then I realized I could "become invisible" for a short while by doing a jesture. I got past the gates and started running. The sun was setting but the day was just right. I didn't get tired. The more I ran the more I realized I can make larger and larger leaps with every step. Then, before I knew it, I was flying. Tears of Joy

Best dream in a long time. Thank you tigs for the suggestions on remembering dreams.

The cake is a pie!!!
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 03:05:02 AM »

Oh, I have a book on dream interpretation! Everyone post their dreams here and I'll interpret random ones when I have time Tongue

My wife actually had this dream where she was sitting near a sea, and the water started rising. It was warm, pleasant water and started rising quickly. She went inside a building, and the water started filling up the area she was sitting in earlier, but she escaped it because she was inside the building.

Apparently, water is supposed to mean wealth (if it's nice, non-damaging water). So, I interpreted it as some sudden wealth coming to her, which she would escape from.

That very weekend, she had to go to work (her job is in a shopping mall). There was a lucky draw for an expensive gold necklace, and while they called her name, she didn't notice because she was in the office Tongue

Are you saying that she had a premonition of what was to come? Interesting subject there as well, if premonitions are real then where do they come from? and what circumstances need to take place for our futures shown through a dream state?

Friend
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 04:47:48 AM »

Okay, so I had a dream about two nights ago and it was very strange for me, and I though would be worth sharing. First off, I have been influenced by my parents church for a large majority of my life (whether I accept all of it I don't know), and this dream is mainly derived from biblical and spiritual ties with strange, twisted views on things. Also I can't remember if I was actually lucid in this dream or not, just guessing I think it was a level 0 lucid dream where I was thinking of partial lucidity though the dream but I don't think I was actually completely lucid, but strangely I was conscious to some extent because I remember some of the details vividly, therefore I think I briefly slipped in and out of brief lucidity. Also I was able to recall my dream in quite detail because my practises of keeping a dream-journal has allowed me to record them right when I leave the dream and return to waking life; the feeling of consciousness led me to remember it in more detail than normal as well.

At first I remember being in my house, as normal; but it all seemed darker and drabber than normal. I carried about my normal morning routine - not really aware that anything is out of the ordinary at the moment or that I was dreaming. First thing I remember hearing were sirens that were going back and forth every 5-10 minutes on the main road a few blocks away from my house, I thought it must have been a large car crash or something. Later when I left my house is when I started noticing strange things. When I started driving past my normal places I started noticing things out of place, such as people bending over little fires scattered across peoples front lawns, and the houses looked shabbier and run down as if everything was hit with poverty and despair. So naturally being kind of a lucid dreamer myself I noticed something was wrong, and I wondered what had happened overnight but it wasn't enough to push me to preform a reality check, just enough to question it. As I drove further I noticed where the churches I normally drive by were now replaced with some different sort of building with weird architecture and all looked very Gothic. What I noticed mainly about the churches were where the crosses normally stood on the steeples, two snakes coiling around a dead and mangled tree stood in place of it. But shit got serious after a little while. As I kept driving I started to notice doomsayers on the street corners holding signs saying that that world was ending because something was returning in what they called the reaping. As I continued though this world the sky started to grow continually darker and darker, the sky started to be overcast and the clouds tuned dark grey, I dismissed it as just a large thunderstorm and eventually got to where I was going (I don't know where I was going, I think I must have been driving to university or something). The sky really started to screw up now and I got out of my car to look at it. At this time I was in some sort of city plaza, and all of the other people previously bustling around had stopped to look at the sky. Then from behind the clouds a dark, bloody red light came down in rays though the clouds. Some people started to scream and I remember panicking a bit and running to a nearby building. A couple of people followed me to the building and we shut the door behind us. Me and the other people exchanged names (at this part I remember being quite conscious of my surrounding, but not aware that I was dreaming) and we all talked about the strange skies. Some people were saying that the reaping was happening and I inquired further not knowing what they were talking about. One of the people happened to be religious and pulled out a black tome (kind of like the bible) she told me about a deity that thousands of years ago had come to earth in the form of a woman and lived among the humans to spread the words of the "black". The woman/deity named Ardat-Lilith (cant remember if this was the same name that was in my dream, but I think it was close to it) wandered the earth and spread this word to the nations, after years of teaching the "black" she was eventually crucified by religious leaders and hung her upside-down on cedar tree and left to die after 6 days and disappeared on the 6th day. On her dying breath she left the world with the words that she would return one day to reap the souls of her followers to live with her for eternity. As the person wielding the bible-like tome I now knew as the black stood back I remember the whole ground shook below our feet, somebody screamed to go to the basement of the building and most of the people did so. Strangely after this point I couldn't recall much and I think I returned to a normal dream rather than a semi-lucid state. But I do remember holing up in the basement for quite a while while occasionally the earthquakes would shake quite violently. But all the while this person that was religious told me all about the religion, and what was really screwed up was it was basically the exact opposite to all of Christianity in terms of morality, such as all the ten commandments were inverted to be "Hate your neighbor such as you hate yourself" and "To kill is to pleasure the black". But eventually when we decided to leave the basement in search of food or other shelter we came topside to see everything crumbled and destroyed from the constant earthquakes (or if something else was causing the destruction, we couldn't tell) the first things I noticed was the world seemed empty and devoid of everything, and a strange red glow came down in rays at some points where it could penetrate the dark clouds. The rest from that point on I cant remember vividly at all, other than I remember seeing the "Reaper" fly though the clouds in the form of a woman with blood red hair. But other than that I cant remember.

So all in all it was a pretty cool, but disturbing dream. And a unique inversion of spirituality. And I also remember that because of that inversion of spirituality in the world more crime had come about from the religions, and also it was a crime in this world to preform good, only evil was looked upon approvingly. But for my types of dreams this was pretty different, especially since it was religiously based. And usually my dreams aren't so organised, whereas this was quite realistic in some was with no really weird things that happened though the course of it.

Anyway, total mind fark  Corny Laugh

Shocked

wow. Perhaps it might have been your enterpretation of the moral values of the current society where they are totally screwed over - Black is white, up is down etc? anyway, seems impressively detailed. Wasn't it a bit nightmareish?

The cake is a pie!!!
F8_Sean
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 05:51:57 AM »

I've had several distinct types of dreams...

The one I'd expect people here to relate to is when you code in your sleep. You just stare at Visual Studio all day and you keep problem-solving in your subconscious. At some point, you wake up, implement the solution that came to you in a dream, and everything just works. I know at least one other guy who's experienced this.

Then there's the prophetic ones, which could be labelled as chronic deja vu. I'll see a few frames of a scene in a dream, then recognize the scene 6 months to a year later. This has been going on for five years now, with varying frequency. I might not think about it as much if the visions weren't so detailed, but when my car really did get hit and this lady in a red dress stops to help the girl who hit me, I've gotta wonder if there's something going on.

The rest of my dreams are really random. One recurring theme is being at game shops and finding odd prototype carts that I know don't exist, or strange controllers that I later find out do exist.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:37:32 AM by F8_Sean » Logged

I like programming odd things. If you're looking to collaborate on something C#/XNA/MonoGame/PSM, hit me up!

Blog | Portfolio | Twitter
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 11:34:07 AM »

I had a dream where me and my friends were pretending to be from medevil times and we got chased by some people in cars. It was a lot like Skyrim actually except there were modern things and the reason we got chased is we got caught looting a place. Somehow I picked up a hacksaw and was kind of using it as a weapon but it wasn't working very well. So we ran up to this house with people outside and then couldn't follow us or kill us cause there were people there. So they invited us inside but the architecture of the house made no sense. There were staircases that went nowhere and nothing was arranged properly. The only other thing I remember was  that the family had two daughters who would stop talking so I yelled and told them to shut up.

Weirdest shit.
forwardresent
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »

I am usually brutally murdered every night, multiple times. A not very nice woman bursts into my bedroom and stabs me in the chest as I am waking up, it's usually so vivid I feel it and jolt awake. Sometimes she kind of looks like my fiancée if she was a guest in Condemned.

I have a recurring thing where I'm in a bathroom with a smashed mirror peeling off my face with broken shards.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013, 12:42:59 PM »

I dreamed the other night that BMcC called me and was trying to warn me about something terrible EA was planning to do. I was busy trying to hold my car in place though because my mom parked on a steep hill and refused to put the emergency brake on. I got tired of holding it and moved out of the way and it rolled a few feet and hit a parked car. I got super mad but my mom wouldn't stop laughing. BMcC was still on the phone really upset about this EA thing, and then I woke up.

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 06:10:36 PM »

I am usually brutally murdered every night, multiple times. A not very nice woman bursts into my bedroom and stabs me in the chest as I am waking up, it's usually so vivid I feel it and jolt awake. Sometimes she kind of looks like my fiancée if she was a guest in Condemned.

I have a recurring thing where I'm in a bathroom with a smashed mirror peeling off my face with broken shards.

If it is a woman that is continuously murdering you, you may be distantly having old hag syndrome,  you may want to look into the syndrome a bit more if you want to stop it happening. It can become quite brutal if it persists for a long time and you don't try to fix it. And a strange thing is that many people all dream of the same figure over and over again, usually she is also tied to waking sleep paralysis and the victims feel like she is intruding into their bedroom, But she can also be in dreams.

My super long post...
Shocked

wow. Perhaps it might have been your enterpretation of the moral values of the current society where they are totally screwed over - Black is white, up is down etc? anyway, seems impressively detailed. Wasn't it a bit nightmareish?

Yeah I don't really know where it all came from, I have been thinking of dark things as of late and as a result I have been getting some dark dreams - but it was really strange to me of how clear and exact things were; such as the tree which the anti-christlike figure which was crucified specifically on a cedar tree, and I specifically remember the deities name being Ardat-Lilith.  And it also was fairly nightmarish, but I have had far more disturbing experiences in dreams in the past and in waking sleep paralysis. But there was quite a sense of emptiness, depression and darkness in the dream, I also do remember that something horrific awoke me from the dream but I cant remember at all what it was.

Then there's the prophetic ones, which could be labelled as chronic deja vu. I'll see a few frames of a scene in a dream, then recognize the scene 6 months to a year later. This has been going on for five years now, with varying frequency. I might not think about it as much if the visions weren't so detailed, but when my car really did get hit and this lady in a red dress stops to help the girl who hit me, I've gotta wonder if there's something going on.

I have had that happen to me so much! I still have places that I dreamed in my childhood that recur these days. Its feels really strange when it happens...

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 01:48:15 AM »

I had the most vivid dream just now. It was New Years and we were walking around looking for a party and we heard of a party at this one house so we hopped a fence and climbed into the backyard. It turned out to be my house and everyone threw a party there. There was a stage set up in my backyard and Madeon was playing there. It turned out to be the most awesome party, everyone had a great time, no one went inside and damaged anything and clean upward a breeze. All of my old and new friends were there and it was just the best time.

Great dream.
IndieEmma
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 01:56:34 AM »

I dreamt that I was programming in c++ and then I compiled it into a dream.
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 06:41:10 PM »

I had the most vivid dream just now. It was New Years and we were walking around looking for a party and we heard of a party at this one house so we hopped a fence and climbed into the backyard. It turned out to be my house and everyone threw a party there. There was a stage set up in my backyard and Madeon was playing there. It turned out to be the most awesome party, everyone had a great time, no one went inside and damaged anything and clean upward a breeze. All of my old and new friends were there and it was just the best time.

Great dream.

I have dreams like that sometimes but we jump fences and there is a party in every backyard.

ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 09:30:09 AM »

One of my first vivid dreams happened when I was a kid.

I was sitting at a breakfast table with a family. There were plates of bacon and eggs and bowls of cereal.

Then some men come in through a door. The family seemed to become a bit more of a stereotype from the 50's, and I finally noticed the floor and it's violet and white askew checker pattern. A few of them looked like soldiers in breathing masks and sprayed the family's throats with something orange that made them act like a cartoonish version of crazy.

While the soldiers lead them to the other men waiting near the door, I splashed a glass of orange juice on my throat. When the soldiers looked at me, I pretended to be crazy and walked out the other door.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:58:05 AM by ithamore » Logged

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2013, 11:55:14 PM »

I want to bump this back, its just an interesting topic I like to see people talk about.

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 12:32:22 AM »

I'll get to work on a good one for you then, chief.
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 12:43:57 AM »

awesome  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right
looking forward to it.

Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2013, 12:34:54 PM »

I had several dreams/nightmares where I see someone that I really hate, and I try to punch him but everything's in slow-motion and my arms are like jelly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic