Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 10:25:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Xoda Rap
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Xoda Rap  (Read 104214 times)
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 04, 2010, 10:38:38 PM »

The new walk looks really good. I like the face on the earlier one, though. In the newer one, she looks as if she is staring up at the ceiling or something, whereas in the first one she appears more focused.

Veo
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 05, 2010, 09:23:03 AM »

I made this a couple of days ago based off of Kaikimi's animation but I guess I got beat to it :O Man not having internet sucks T_T

godsavant
« Reply #362 on: January 05, 2010, 09:28:23 AM »

I made this a couple of days ago based off of Kaikimi's animation but I guess I got beat to it :O Man not having internet sucks T_T

To be honest, I like this one more than any of the others; the legs are quite accurate, and she doesn't appear as emaciated as in ink.inc's edit.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:54:51 AM by godsavant » Logged
Codestar
Level 1

One man, one game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: January 05, 2010, 10:44:10 AM »

edited inc's to clean it up a bit
hair could probably still use some work though.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:47:23 AM by Kaikimi » Logged

Check out my current game project:
Mine to the sky
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: January 05, 2010, 11:16:35 AM »

I like both walk cycles a lot. I think Kaikimi/Inc's might be a bit more dynamic, but they're both great.

Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 05, 2010, 12:05:28 PM »

I prefer Veo's.
ink.inc
« Reply #366 on: January 05, 2010, 01:18:05 PM »

Veo's animation is good but man, those chesticles are outta control. They're really.... pronounced. I have a problem with the hair too (looks like a tail), though the bangs are definitely better. Pants are shaded well. The hand is placed better than how I had it too.

As for my animation, yeah, the hair definitely needs to be fixed. Thanks for cleaning it up Kai; you fixed the problems I had with the black outline. But I want to put back the two pixels of bright green I had on her chest (It looks a little too flat now).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 02:33:11 PM by ink.inc » Logged
Codestar
Level 1

One man, one game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: January 05, 2010, 05:21:44 PM »

personally I like the face and hands on that animation as well, but god those shorts...
in the game her shorts end at her knees not her ankles...

and i got rid of the shiny lines on her chest because...well... her chest is quite flat looking in the game...

Check out my current game project:
Mine to the sky
ink.inc
« Reply #368 on: January 05, 2010, 05:35:49 PM »

I'll copypaste Veo's hands, those look pretty good, and I'll make the hair look better.

As for her chest looking flat in the original game- well, there's always room for embellishment.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 08:14:09 PM by ink.inc » Logged
godsavant
« Reply #369 on: January 05, 2010, 08:07:47 PM »

lol, chesticles.
ink.inc
« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2010, 08:28:28 PM »

Still bits of change here and there. Added Veo's hands, also made her left eye visible. Can someone else do the ponytail? Turns out I have two articles due tommorow (yeah I'm in the school newspaper) and won't be able to sprite for the rest of tonight.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:19:59 PM by ink.inc » Logged
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: January 05, 2010, 08:59:50 PM »

Actually, I like that ponytail. The other one looks too much like a tail.

ink.inc
« Reply #372 on: January 06, 2010, 12:23:58 AM »

Finished up my articles for school (turns out they were just supposed to be drafts).

There are supposed to be three tiers to the energy ball's strength, so here is Xoda's firing animation (not the charging animation) for her S attack.

the release of the energy ball happens on frame 3.

And this is the actual energy ball (level3).

The attack still needs the blue smoke, and unfortunately, that's beyond my abilities right now.
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: January 06, 2010, 06:21:39 AM »

Here's my edit of xodas walk cycle:

Her tail turned out to be a bit fat, so feel free to make further edits!

@ink.inc : looks good so far, only two things:

1. Game Maker doesn't support alpha transparency, so the fade around Xoda won't work. Also we haven't used on any other characters so it'd break the style.

2. The animation needs to be smoothed out a bit - currently its a little jumpy. I'd recommend adding another frame before she spreads her legs as well as one after that where she either bounces back a tiny bit or spreads her legs another pixel or two further. This should make the motion more fluid. To support it even more, you could try to add a swoosh/blur effect to her hands.

Other than that, good work! Keep them coming!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:24:56 AM by Rostiger » Logged

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
Cokho
Level 3

I love anyone who read this !

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 06, 2010, 06:55:51 AM »

A. Game Maker doesn't support alpha transparency, so the fade around Xoda won't work. Also we haven't used on any other characters so it'd break the style.
I think Game Maker 8 does, which raise the question: Will Indie Brawl be ported on GM8?

Pardon my poor english T_T
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: January 06, 2010, 07:15:04 AM »

Yep, GM8 actually does, but I don't know how much good that would do.
If it's only because of the 24bit alpha support, I'd vote against it. So far, we have done fine without it and I don't think it would make much sense including it at this stage.

Of course there might be various other coding aspects that would make a port considerable, but I'll leave that up to Soulliard (e.g. the people who know what they are doing Wink).

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
ink.inc
« Reply #376 on: January 06, 2010, 01:53:33 PM »

Here's my edit of xodas walk cycle:

Her tail turned out to be a bit fat, so feel free to make further edits!

@ink.inc : looks good so far, only two things:

1. Game Maker doesn't support alpha transparency, so the fade around Xoda won't work. Also we haven't used on any other characters so it'd break the style.

2. The animation needs to be smoothed out a bit - currently its a little jumpy. I'd recommend adding another frame before she spreads her legs as well as one after that where she either bounces back a tiny bit or spreads her legs another pixel or two further. This should make the motion more fluid. To support it even more, you could try to add a swoosh/blur effect to her hands.

Other than that, good work! Keep them coming!

Alright, I'll rework them tonight. I really love the movement of her hair that you added, though it does need to be made slimmer, and I prefer having her arms moving as opposed to remaining static.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 02:38:37 PM by ink.inc » Logged
godsavant
« Reply #377 on: January 06, 2010, 02:52:30 PM »

That's quite awesome. Kiss It feels a lot more natural than the ninja-sprint.
ink.inc
« Reply #378 on: January 06, 2010, 07:10:29 PM »

Just made the ponytail a tad slimmer. SMB Castle Flag

I think that should be it.  Beer!
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 06, 2010, 08:29:03 PM »

That looks great, both of you.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
Print