Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:33:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[Android] EvoCreo Alpha Build
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Android] EvoCreo Alpha Build  (Read 1130 times)
rioneye
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2013, 05:25:13 PM »

EvoCreo is a monster collection game that is Pokemon-esque (more general info here). It is being developed for Android and iOS devices and is planned for a summer launch. We are about 40-50% through so there is still much that can and will be changed by the time we release. I have an alpha build available here but please read this first. I was hoping that I could get some feedback on it. This is my first major game so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Even if you could just launch the game once and see if the main screen looks fine as well as letting me know the device you ran it on, would be very helpful.

Current Issues:
  • I know that there have been some issues of the screen scaling beyond the device display, but I have not been able to replicate this
  • The some of the art assets are too similar to Pokemon. We are working to make the art more unique while preserving the same feel.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:29:22 PM by rioneye » Logged
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 07:19:49 PM »

Your url is broken! It starts with %22, is missing ':' between 'HTTP' and '//', and has an extra " at the end.

It looks like you've got some great progress so far. It's a little weird that you have to press the move before you get any information about it (besides charge and type), and it's hard to differentiate the recovery and normal move borders (at least in the video, not sure if it'd be the same on screen). I didn't even notice the different colors until you pointed out the gold, and then I couldn't figure out which one was the recovery move until you used it.

It would be cool to have a video of a 'real' battle. Maybe 3 level 10s or so vs 2 level 10s or so, to further demonstrate how that all works.

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
rioneye
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 07:33:47 PM »

I fixed the links. I agree the UI needs some works especially the borders. The game isn't really balanced right now. Some of the moves do like 10,000 damage, which was just so I could coast through the battles and test the UI, so a real battle would be a bit difficult to orchestrate. Thanks for the feedback though.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic