Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411804 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 10:08:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsMy Game Art Tutorial(s)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My Game Art Tutorial(s)  (Read 3344 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« on: January 08, 2013, 03:17:36 AM »

Hey guys, I had a bit of free time over the weekend so I thought I would make a tutorial instead of smashing out another game, its 5 parts in youtube, all of the links are here:

http://www.farmergnome.com/2013/01/my-first-game-art-tutorial.html
Oh and this is what I paint in the tutorial:

Hopefully you guys get something out of it, it was fun to make and hurray first tutorial  Toast Left  At this rate I am pretty tempted to start doing a pixel art tutorial, but I guess I will wait for feedback first, as I am an absolute tutorial newb.

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 07:05:26 AM »

Wow, the painting looks amazing. I'll make sure I go through these later on Smiley

*Bookmarked*
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 06:25:39 PM »

Cool, well I am doing a smaller pixel art tutorial today, Ill post it up here once I am done  Wink

Randomasta
Level 1

wait, what?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 08:13:47 PM »

Great tutorials! More informative than most video tutorials that I've seen. I like your technique, too.

Would be nice to have a little text describing the key points of each video. I'm not a native English speaker and so have a difficult time figuring out some of the things you said in the videos.
kessler
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 04:18:06 AM »

Great stuff farmergnome! I like your style and approach.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 04:29:40 AM »

Cheers guys,

Though not pixel art in the traditional sense, here is another tutorial, this time around pixel art characters which covers making a simple little pixel character like the one below, next up will be animating pixel art.

Kumquat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 03:15:55 AM »

Very helpful tutorial and definitely an interesting approach!
The pace is a little fast and some assumptions are made by you, but that's probably because I'm not really a visual artist but just trying to figure out how to do passable art for my own games.  Smiley

Thank you for sharing I'm looking forward to the upcoming ones...  Gomez

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 03:26:30 PM »

I might do a beginners set of tutorials pretty soon, go over the basics, but next up is finishing of the pixel tutorials, glad you liked it Smiley

ra51
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 08:03:33 PM »

Thanks for this. Looking forward to the next pixel tuts Smiley.
thirtyfour
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 08:01:35 AM »

Lovely tutorial and awesome art!

I think there is no need to dismiss this as "not traditional pixel art" - I have seen many people also on pixeljoint using a similar process. You do a preliminary drawing with a tablet or whatever, and then you build your pixel art starting from it, which is what you do. This helps giving the pixel art a more organic feel.

And your games are awesome man!
pixelpicosean
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 05:32:27 PM »

Wow, you do make amazing tuts,  Beer!. Will the upcoming ones cover smaller pixel art, Like those sprites inside your games?
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 06:12:34 PM »

Wow, you do make amazing tuts,  Beer!. Will the upcoming ones cover smaller pixel art, Like those sprites inside your games?

Without a doubt, infact, whenever I get some time back on pixeling I will be doing exactly that, a big bogged down right now with a few things outside of art.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic