Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 05:38:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsENYO - Arcade ==! FREE ON STEAM !== [2D Action] v1.4
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print
Author Topic: ENYO - Arcade ==! FREE ON STEAM !== [2D Action] v1.4  (Read 30024 times)
Bahototh
Level 1

Design, Pixels & Art

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2015, 07:39:56 AM »

Looks quite nice!

-----------------------------------------------------
"An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one." ~Charles Horton Cooley
---------------------------------------------------
[Thy Sword] https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48380.0
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2015, 09:10:02 AM »

ok that really sucks. I kind of assumed it was just a lighting thing, but redoing everything is a pain. I assume the v-ray stuff is pretty tightly integrated. I use only one single lighting setup and raydiosity for every asset to keep things simple. post-processing could also be an option?

1k on the wishlist, I have no idea what that means in terms of eventual sales. making things look cooler than they are, is kind of expected I think. you might be selling yourself short by not doing it. I usually do the same Tongue

Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: October 12, 2015, 09:32:16 AM »

The box art really stands out. Gives the game a professional serious-effort feel to it. I like the contrast between the pixel art within the game and the realistic render in the box art.

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
- devlogs: xona.com/tigsource
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 12, 2015, 09:35:16 AM »

There are almost 1k players that have the game on their wishlist, so it cant be soo bad. I might only be able to tell that once it is finished.

1k on the wishlist, I have no idea what that means in terms of eventual sales.

Wishlist data is a total cocktease. It's interesting data to have but the translation between wishlist to sale seems pretty low from every game I've been involved in. It sort of makes sense, if I think about my own wishlist on Steam- its pretty small, only about 10 games. But most of those have been sitting there for... a year or more? I've bough about 10-15% of all the games I ever put on my wishlist. I'm sure other people routinely buy games they put on their wishlist but I think the vast majority don't...

They're waiting for a deep sales cut or simply flagged it because it looks interesting and they're hoping someone else buys it for them. All that to say, the fact youre in early access may not be factoring in very much. A point of reference, about 3-4% of the people who've added my game to a wishlist have bought it so far. That number will go up as Steam sales occur, but that's more a testament to how many people wait for sales.

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2015, 09:53:50 AM »

Wishlist data is a total cocktease.

At least they are notified when a game launches a sale. But yeah, steam is quite a cocktease for indies atm.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:40:36 AM by c023-DeV » Logged

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: October 14, 2015, 03:56:05 AM »

Added a new enemy:

Meet Da Grab Crab

... will be making a list of all the different enemy types once I'm releasing the game. There are a LOT. And they all have a unique AI and are unique to certain parts of the game.

[edit]
oh and I've been adding a bunch of sound FX Wink

marcgfx
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2015, 04:27:42 AM »

looks like a pretty brutal trap. I guess its inspired by those claw machines? Smiley

naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: October 14, 2015, 04:42:41 AM »

I am definitely following this since I am a Quake player, looks fantastic!

Played it a bit on Steam and it is really skill-based which I like, I can feel that as I play more, I start playing better.

Here are some stuff that I thought they might improve the gameplay:
  • You might wanna add late jump tolerance when falling from the ground.
  • Shooting/kicking should automaticly disable the ball mode and do the action.
  • She currently kicks where the model is looking at, instead it should kick to the direction player is aiming at.
  • Carrying multiple weapons at the same time? I really would like to rocket jump and railgun some enemies Tongue

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2015, 12:47:09 AM »

Made a fresh little trailer:

Feedback appreciated, thanks!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 01:13:56 AM by c023-DeV » Logged

marcgfx
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2015, 01:10:12 AM »

trailer is much better, but the link does not work properly!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2015, 01:14:38 AM »

trailer is much better, but the link does not work properly!
Ups... fixed it =)

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: October 24, 2015, 10:11:43 AM »

ENYO Arcade is now on pre-release sale! I'm hoping to gather a bunch of fresh players this way and get some feedback if my effort is worth the while.

And here's the latest Update news:
I've added a few things to make the game feel closer to complete, at least in my opinion.

For instance I've added a little brief intro and outro as well as some connections between the different stages. Added more Sound FX.

Here is the list of changes and additions:

• Added story elements: Intro and Outro and connected the stages visually
  • Added sound FX
  • Added more background music
  • Fixed a small glitch that played music twice
  • Detailed a lot of the levels (still a few to go)
  • Reworked the VFX for the Rail- and Plasmagun
  • Music volume settings now get saved cross sessions
  • Zombie/Mutant AI now walks around
  • Hazard trails of Snail and the sewer Balls are a bit faster
  • Almost forgot: NEW SCREENSHAKE FX - yeah!
  • Mouse cursor is bigger
  • Savegames have been Reset!
  • Again, some fixes I might have missed.

I personally think the game is now feature complete (BETA) but still needs some polish. Let me know if you run into any issues or have suggestions!
THANK YOU!

marcgfx
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: October 26, 2015, 03:20:37 PM »

screenshake looks cool, but maybe get rid of the black corners?
I just noticed the link to your webpage seems to be broken in your signature, I must have some kind of 6th sense for these things Tongue

good luck on steam!

Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: October 26, 2015, 03:21:55 PM »

I agree with marcgfx!

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
- devlogs: xona.com/tigsource
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: October 27, 2015, 12:07:53 PM »

screenshake looks cool, but maybe get rid of the black corners?
I just noticed the link to your webpage seems to be broken in your signature, I must have some kind of 6th sense for these things Tongue

good luck on steam!

Fixed the link... thanks... I was kind of overloaded the last few days. Somehow managed to send out the press release with the old (broken) link too. *Yipee*

A little road trip and busking got me back on track now.

However IGM said that they would like to do a review, let's see how that turns out. I feel like a noob, stumbling on the last few steps to the finish line, but who cares. I'll keep on moving forward.  Smiley

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2015, 11:22:29 AM »

Right now I'm polishing the steam achievements, added the fine detail layer to all rooms and am polishing lots of small things. Hoping to release it tomorrow!  Hand Any Key Addicted Hand Joystick Brushing up final touches and just wanted to share some data that I'm pretty satisfied with.

I was aiming at ~1 hour solid gameplay for first runs. For experienced gamers. And I had the honor of watching a streamer play it in exactly that time (Although he did have a few tries at the first two stages). So I think my perception on that nailed what I was aiming for. Even though I've added a few more rooms in the coming update. Second is the difficulty. Looking at the current leader board statistics the time spent on the levels seems to be going up correctly. I'm pretty happy with that.

And I found my game on steamgifts today, someone seemed to have used one of my review keys for that. Along with funny comments like:
-'Wow, this game looks pretty good! It's hard to see through the massive flowing waterfall of little games on Steam now, thanks for showing off another great looking one!'
-'I've never heard of this game before. I can't really trust games that say they were made to be hard because sometimes the mechanics is just cheap. It does look interesting though.'
-'Wow, the game looks cool. Why I haven't seen it before?'
-'Don't you love when you discover interesting and promising games via SG. Thank you for the giveaway.'

It's been 4+ years for this baby and a dream since way before 1999! This release will be gentle and I will carry on making games. Because I love it! Thanks to everyone that supported me along the way! And if some folks want to continue to discriminate me because I have a certain perception of beauty then so be it. Where ignorance is bliss 'tis folly to be wise!

Success is measured in personal progress, nothing else.  Gentleman

marcgfx
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2015, 01:56:59 PM »

this may be a bit late... but I was just thinking: pakour? that looks kind of weird. I think it might be parkour?

glad you are getting positive responses, good luck!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »

this may be a bit late... but I was just thinking: pakour? that looks kind of weird. I think it might be parkour?

glad you are getting positive responses, good luck!

Wee - best watchdog! Thanks! I'm stupid - just recently added that in.  Tired

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2015, 05:23:03 AM »

RELEASE VERSION 1.0!

Finally - I guess you can hardly imagine how exhausting this has been for me. Constantly pressured for the last 4 years.  And now I can call it a complete game.

Sure there may be some kinks, quirks and a few things I would love to do better or add but simply can not afford to do at the time being. Also since I've lost my V-Ray dongle rendering additional assets had to be iced until I can afford a new one. I will be fine tuning and hope to be adding further content even after release. So I'm still going to be open for improvements and will be addressing any problems or bugs that might come up. I have done my best to make sure that everything works as intended and hope you enjoy the game as much as I do.

Here is the list of changes and additions:

• Added 4 new locations to Stage01
  • Added fine detail layer to all locations
  • Relocated the 2D sound listener to the camera center
  • Added more background music
  • Added a game pad aim-aid/cross-hair
  • Fixed a small bug in the splash damage calculations
  • Added and activated steam achievements
  • Reworked the options menu
  • Added option to toggle submitting best times to steam
  • Leader boards are now active
  • Tuned down the Nailgun's screen shake chromatic aberration
  • Save games and leader boards have been Reset!
  • Again, some fixes and additions I might have missed.

here is the link to the: Steam Annoncement

I'll be sending out some press notes - although I don't expect much coverage, but I'll let em know. Tired

Here is the distribute() link if you want to request a copy:
dodistribute.com/access/rccKr5RxCL/

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ME ON THIS JOURNEY!

Regards,
James

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2015, 10:17:31 AM »

Ok, now I was finally able to hit the release button - so now it's official!

Toast Left Tired Toast Right

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic