Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 06:40:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsENYO - Arcade ==! FREE ON STEAM !== [2D Action] v1.4
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Author Topic: ENYO - Arcade ==! FREE ON STEAM !== [2D Action] v1.4  (Read 29996 times)
Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 10, 2015, 05:29:07 AM »

Hey dude!

I was just browsing Steam and saw your game there! Congratulations on release!  Beer! Coffee

I must admit the trailer looked pretty damn cool. I think this has a lot of potential.

All the best and again, congratulations!!!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2015, 01:04:50 AM »

Thanks Zizka! I wish you a smooth development and great launch too! Keep things moving!

My data so far:

~115 units sold since release. (8 days)

Press coverage = 0 (although IGM said they would publish a review, but I haven't found it yet)

So I guess I'll remain as underdog =)

Other than that the feedback of the players has been great and pretty much bug free launch. So I'm pretty satisfied for my first solo development. I have achieved all goals that I've set for myself when I submitted to Greenlight in 2012. It could have gone faster, however I had to learn a lot of basics in programming the first 3 years. But the re-construction in GML was ultra smooth. So I guess I'll be sticking to GML for the next few projects too. I've learnt a TON of new skills and things on the way and that is the greatest thing of all. Still a bit sad about the discrimination of my persona and the opinion of equaling nudity to sexual intent from a few. However I've learnt not to feel attacked by such opinions. If some want to look at nudity as a pure sexual or objectifying/discriminating topic or whatnot then it is their own taste, I can't do anything about that. I'm not there.

I'm already working on a few fresh concepts and let you all know as soon as it takes on a presentable form.  Coffee

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2015, 02:22:59 PM »

Just pushed out my first post release update.

Lots of optimizations for the tilemap generation algorithm and other little tweaks. Stuff I mostly found because I started creating a new prototype.

here is the original steam announcement:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/enyo/announcements/detail/65662201187817661

Have a nice weekend.

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 26, 2015, 03:39:03 AM »

I don't understand why you've sold only 115 copies in 8 days. The game looks great. The price is reasonable. You've currently got 100% positive reviews (I've just checked). I don't know what else people might want.

I think we're part of the artists who are very inexperienced at marketing (I count myself in the lot!). So we can make great things but have trouble getting noticed in the market.

Keep at it! Your game deserve better!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: November 26, 2015, 07:09:00 AM »

Thanks for the love Zizka!

I don't really do much marketing, that is true. I've put more effort into the other direction -> reducing my requirements. I've grown to require less external input in any form - and that is something I would recommend every indie developer to cultivate.

The feedback I have gotten so far is considered positive, yes and I am glad that unsuspecting players like it. But I do know that I still have a lot to learn. This is my first release and I'm already working on my next and I hope to be updating both for as long as I can. Overall I had the chance to try a lot of mechanics and put them out there to build upon. So getting a solid foundation was important and I am happy the way it turned out to be. Wink

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 27, 2015, 03:56:47 AM »

I don't really do much marketing, that is true. I've put more effort into the other direction -> reducing my requirements. I've grown to require less external input in any form - and that is something I would recommend every indie developer to cultivate.

While, as an ideal, I think that's something certainly worthwhile to aim for, as the saying goes "no man who's a man is an island." In my perspective, we are very much so dependent on external output as it can be a good predictor of the general appreciation of one's game.

I realize the title page controversy was disheartening for you but I hope you won't withdraw in a shell and become non-receptive from external output. I think other people can help us see things we can't see from our own respective perspective. I personally didn't find it shocking but I can understand people could be. It's ok, different strokes for different folks. The ess traditional and politically correct something is, there more chances some people will bare their teeth at it as it shocks their respective sensibilities. Just my opinion of course!

It's cool that you're zen about this and happy with the results. If you're satisfied, it's all that matters. Do keep in touch about your next project however!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2015, 06:05:51 AM »

Sure, future projects will be shared here! I like it here!

By external input I rather meant not to measure/judge 'success' by external factors like opinion or statistics. And reducing my financial requirements so I can live with what I receive. And the title controversy only led me to Thomas Gray's quote: 'Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise'. And I've learnt to respect others opinions for what they are -> beyond my influence.

I'm talking stoic philosophy here. Sure it may not be contemporary and I am far from being fixed on it. It just helped me understand a few basic social principles I was unaware of and I can relate to it.

So I'm far from withdrawing ... I'm ready to learn and grow, no worries!  Gentleman

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2016, 01:28:53 AM »

I'm already knee deep in working on a new (!)AWESOME(!) game and have learnt tons of things. So I thought it was time to bring ENYO up to pair with the fresh knowledge. Like: A new lighting system! -Yeah!

Additionally I've spent more time optimizing the game's performance, user interface and enemy behavior again. And I've wired a post processing loop that also composes a surface for lighting. GM:S's blend modes didn't have the desired effect. Now I'm using a photoshop 'overlay' type of blending method. So 50% Gray on that layer makes no change to the brightness, darker burns the color and brighter dodges it. That way the lights have a more natural look and colors. Have to be careful not to blow out the brightness too much though!

So first I render a veeery slight moving cloud/fog layer and then I loop through objects that glow and draw their assigned glow sprites to that light layer and then use the shaders to draw the game's final image.

I hope you like it!

Here is the link to the official announcement:
STEAM HUB

Cheers!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2019, 04:24:09 AM »

Updated the description.

Game is now FREE on steam.

I'm reworking this game atm. so feedback is welcome! More info soon..

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic