Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:02:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAfter the Comet
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Author Topic: After the Comet  (Read 25838 times)
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2013, 10:27:55 AM »

I've pared it down a bit so it still uses the blue energy but in a cleaner sort of way. Better?

I like this. And I liked the one before. And the one before that. If I were you I wouldn't spend even one more microsecond on this but it's too late for that since reading this sentence took at least that long.

Loving the updates. I hope your "break" lasts through the summer.

Thanks! My break is hardly worthy of the name so far but that will probably change in the near future. I'm expecting the imminent 'release' of a project I've been working on in collaboration with my wife, one which has been in development for the past nine months.  Wink

I'm also struggling with a real life 'Papers, Please!' problem at the moment. My mother-in-law has been turned down for a visa to visit us for no reason other than coming from a developing part of the world and therefore lacking the funds to guarantee she will return. We're appealing the decision but dealing with the UK Border Agency is the sort of Kafkaesque nightmare which would make an Arstotzkan bureaucrat blush...

Hmm... still doesn't feel right to me somehow, but I can't put my finger down on it. I don't know if you should/want to spend more time on this though?! Also, it might look very different with backgrounds.

I share your reservations but I think I'll leave it for now and see how it looks when it's in action within the game. I've got a heap of tweaking to do (colours especially) but I'll probably focus first on getting something broadly playable and then go at the details. Please pick me up on anything you feel could be improved, though, however slight. I really do need that sort of feedback.

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 02, 2013, 06:29:20 AM »

Thanks! My break is hardly worthy of the name so far but that will probably change in the near future. I'm expecting the imminent 'release' of a project I've been working on in collaboration with my wife, one which has been in development for the past nine months.  Wink

Great! All the best to you, mate, and to your wife! :-)
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2013, 06:39:01 AM »

Cheers! It's all kinds of exciting and scary.

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: July 02, 2013, 02:02:47 PM »

I'm not back to work on this yet, but I had a few minutes to spare this evening so thought I'd keep my hand in. This gives some idea of what I've been doing:

Don't feed him after midnight.

meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2013, 07:23:45 AM »

This looks absurdly rad. Can't wait to play it!

Family is all that matters now.
Sheltered Devlog
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2013, 07:46:31 AM »

Thanks! A demo is next on the list, as soon as I get back to work on this in the summer. A lot of it is already loosely playable but I'm just really nervous about showing it...

meek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2013, 07:47:54 AM »

Don't be nervous! The sooner you give us something playable, the sooner you can get feedback on what works and what doesn't etc. Plus I just really want to play it ASAP.

Family is all that matters now.
Sheltered Devlog
dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2013, 08:54:53 AM »

Don't be nervous! The sooner you give us something playable, the sooner you can get feedback on what works and what doesn't etc. Plus I just really want to play it ASAP.

Don't listen to him. The pressure is immense. Nearly unbearable. Any small mistake and the whole thing will rip apart at the seams. There'll be apes jumping off the walls, screaming at full volume, tearing down the curtains and flinging shit. It'll be traumatic for everyone but mostly for you.

Your first demo has to be perfect. Then next one should be better.

Can't wait!

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: July 05, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »

Don't feed him after midnight.

That looks super sweet. I love how you kept the pose.
It's nice to see you posting updates, I'm still really looking forward to your game.

[EDIT]

also, what dukope said   Gentleman

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: July 05, 2013, 02:22:38 PM »

Here's the full transformation. He looks pretty casual about the whole thing, doesn't he? I'm not sure yet if that's good or bad.

The demo when it comes will be as polished as I can possibly make it but also pretty short because some early feedback will be handy. Central to my whole philosophy, right across the board, is the minimisation of shit-flinging. Smiley

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: July 05, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »

Shocked mutant!

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2013, 12:34:39 AM »

Moontant!

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: July 07, 2013, 06:03:08 PM »

Moontant!

mwahahaah, classic Smiley

ghoulkid86
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2013, 04:31:35 AM »

Addicted ERR. MERR. GERRD. This game looks/sounds friggin' amazing! Tastiest pixels I ever saw.
Big fan of trying to bring some humor into it. The whole feeling and theme reminds me a lot of the old LucasArts adventure games which I am a huge fan of.

Finish this already! Beg

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »

Cheers! I love all the early LucasArts games and it makes me very happy indeed to hear that this could even remind you of them. Smiley

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2013, 12:17:28 PM »

Oh boy... I spend a few days traveling in Germany, and when I get back the "After the Comet" thread has exploded! Yay!!

Hope everything went well with the baby and stuff, mate!

Keep the teasers coming.
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2013, 12:30:03 PM »

All fine and dandy, thanks!  Smiley

I have a few weeks of holiday starting soon which means I should be way more productive again. I'm itching to get back into it...

Paul Jeffries
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2013, 01:54:08 PM »

It's been far too long since I last posted in this thread to say that this looks awesome.

This looks awesome.

www.vitruality.com | SPARTAN - Small Pixel Art Animator and procedural tile generator
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2013, 10:32:46 AM »

Thank you!

Just a few more days until I can get back to work on this in earnest...

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2013, 11:23:51 PM »

Back to work on this now. Locations are next - seven places and five times of day make for 35 different backdrops, although a lot will be simple variants on a theme. Also working on what happens when the main character dies (the death mechanic is a key part of the game).

Speaking of which:

And here again in Super-Sadistic Slow Motion:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic