Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:52:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsM.I.N.T (Mecha, Infantry, and Tactics)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
Print
Author Topic: M.I.N.T (Mecha, Infantry, and Tactics)  (Read 70435 times)
BurritoJo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 17, 2014, 09:33:34 AM »

My condolences.

Im very sorry about you shutting down M.I.N.T.  A lot of thoughts from all the devs are with you.  This is a hard challenge we all face and i know personally how much effort, time and money one has to inject in indie project.

I really wish you can at some point either resurrect your project or start a new one.  It looked very promising.

BurritoJo
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: October 18, 2014, 05:02:25 AM »

Have you considered doing a Kickstarter instead? If it fails, there's nothing to lose anyways.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
Bombini
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #502 on: October 19, 2014, 11:01:59 PM »

Sorry to hear that"
Hope everthing will be much better next year!

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: October 19, 2014, 11:49:54 PM »

Sorry guys, after a lot of discussion, both M.I.N.T and Retromite are being shutdown, at least for the foreseeable future. Well unless someone wants to give us a few hundred thousand dollars. Smiley

Noooooooo Sad Sorry about your shitty year, I hope you can find some investment or find time/willpower to do it in your spare time again in the future, what you've achieved allready is pretty inspiring, It's a shame you have to leave it unfinished. Good luck with whatever you guys end up doing next.

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
coldrice
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: October 20, 2014, 12:19:24 AM »

boo Sad

DUSTER - Western Simulator

Tig Blog
Gregg Williams
Level 10

Retromite code daemon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #505 on: October 20, 2014, 03:15:11 AM »

Yeah boo Sad indeed. Really the decision has a lot of factors involved, including just the general direction the video game industry continues to go, and its one we don't really like. Not to mention the continual ever high levels of saturation, increase need of marketing, advertising and so forth.

I'm not sure we will be doing much of anything again in the video game realm. That said, we may take a spin in the table top realm of gaming, its still a very interesting segment of games, and has a lot going for it.

Ultimately while both of us love gaming (although more towards older generations of video games) our core mission is to be able to do our own thing 100% of the time, and live off of it without day jobs, or needing contract gigs and side jobs at times, etc. We will keep exploring options and paths until we find one that works.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic