Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:35:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGentlemen! (was Martin vs Monty)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Gentlemen! (was Martin vs Monty)  (Read 11106 times)
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2013, 08:53:40 AM »

definately wanting to try if it has keyboard controls for both players as well as xbox controls Tongue

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2013, 01:57:55 PM »

hey, yeah it does! It is a bit cramped to hang out on a keyboard with two players, but doable. I haven't done a build in a while of the pc version, so it is a bit rugged right now in terms of lots of testing levels and greyboxes and unfinished crap all over the place. Will post here when I am ready for testers on that one again, and will pm you too.

jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2013, 01:09:35 AM »

update 24

still working on it! Most of these are changes to the pc version, not the tablet version.

- added an invincibility shader that color cycles
- nerf'd the homing pigeon (it totally sucked in 3 player)
- added joystick controls to all of the menu screens
- first pass at integration of the controller config menu (it is totally broken!)
- added some text overlays to inform when the crates get picked up ('NO WEAPONS')
- some last minute android fixes

jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2013, 01:11:09 AM »

oh, and it is out on ipad now, and android (google play) later today.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/gentlemen!/id665889792?mt=8

Coffee

jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2013, 09:44:42 AM »

update 25
well, there goes release day. Always fun.

- added a cracktro for the pirate release

jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2013, 02:23:03 AM »

update 26

still working on the pc release, I basically lost like 3 days to doing the controller config screen. Such a pain made worse by the fact that the pc version supports 4 players. I need to get around to doing the ouya version at some point, and I am pretty sure that is going to be another mess of the same variety.

we had a fun friday and weekend by publishing our android piracy numbers. Nice how people are excited to read whatever scenario into some numbers. We got written up in edge and indie statik about it.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/lucky-frames-gentlemen-on-android-eight-sold-2462-pirated/
http://indiestatik.com/2013/07/19/lucky-frame/

Also some more nice reviews rolled in, this time from the sun (?!?!) and the verge:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/19/4537730/best-new-apps-gentlemen

LOOKING FOR TESTERS FOR THE PC (WINDOWS / MAC / LINUX) VERSION!

if you want in, just post in this thread, and I will send you a link (when it is ready). You need at least a friend, but it gets more fun up to 4 friends. I am not sure about the linux version at all, but curious to see if it would work. Also it is playable on a single keyboard, but controllers make it nicer.

jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2013, 01:47:19 AM »

update 27

closing in on the pc build. More level graphics work, tweaked a bunch of screens to actually stretch to the edge of the screen, and reorganized the controller config screen to match a standard nes pad layout.

jakomocha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2013, 05:34:24 PM »

I have a Mac and would love to beta-test it if it's alright with you. The game looks great by the way.
Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2013, 10:26:05 PM »

Volunteering myself and my girlfriend to test.  Sober'd to drunk'd.  Plus, I think I can pull another couple or two into it and we can do a four man run of it.

We can test on pc and on tablet.

Trying more and more to relate less and less to Sisyphus.
jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2013, 12:55:33 AM »

cool, dm'ing you now :D

Chis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2013, 12:04:24 PM »

hey, finally got a chance to try it out! just myself this time, but I'm getting some friends to play with me next week possibly with controllers. oh and it works great on my mac.

- music is awesome
- aesthetics are really nice and colorful
- I think during invisibility mode, the motion trail could go away or become more transparent, so it's not a dead giveaway.
- some description of weapons/powerups would be super-duper.
- I tried to close the window twice before it actually quit

jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2013, 06:26:39 AM »

hmmm, I wonder what that window closing thing was about... probably a bug with unity, but I will look into it.

when you say weapon description, you mean something in the menus? like a lore / journal thing? I think that might be nice, will think about it.
yeah, the invisibility works best when it is 4 player, you can sneak up on people in the chaos. Will think about making the trail a bit lighter during that section though.

Xanthus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2013, 04:11:25 PM »

If you have a current build that works, I'm at a big lan event and would like to try it out and have some other people play it on a projector. I can record some footage and maybe ask about some reactions if you'd like. I'll be here for a day or so, just let me know!
jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2013, 08:41:23 AM »

the longest running "finished" thread... coming soon to humble store (aka using that little humble widget).

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2013, 05:14:26 PM »

can i test on the mac? thanks Tongue

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2013, 10:36:03 PM »

yep, will send you a link later today.

jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2013, 01:19:33 AM »

demo versions of the Windows / Mac versions up now!

windows download!
mac download!

the full version contains 9 new levels, a bunch of new modes, 2-4 players local multiplayer.

premonster
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2013, 01:48:55 PM »

The numbers make me sick.
jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2013, 04:44:11 AM »

you talking about the piracy numbers? or the number of levels? what is happening?Huh?

I am just working on the ouya version now, nearly there.. nag screens are ever so much fun.

premonster
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2013, 04:52:45 AM »

Every number. Mobile is not the gamer's platform of choice and never will. It only works for companies who want to rip non-gamers off, like Supercell.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic