Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 06:54:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsZirkonia - The prologue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Zirkonia - The prologue  (Read 20807 times)
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2016, 11:58:26 AM »

Status changes and buffs are shown directly below characterscreens. These are changing constantly over time, so I put some work into their effects upon destruction.

It all started with the idea of letting the icon glow and disolve into fragments.

This was not enough, though. Some form defining fragments were added.

Colored the fragments and added some flickering parts!

Fragments got some vertical force and they slow down!

outstanding work! I need this in my game
well nerded, my friend

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2016, 03:48:46 PM »

Wow man. Killer updates. I don't want you to rush it...but playable demo WHEN???!!!!  Smiley

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2016, 04:00:28 PM »

Soon, I hope! :D
Biggest thing to do is the english translation!

By the way, I implemented the dynamic turn-back mechanism! It will be possible to use time changing magic to redo past turns!
Some screenshots, directly from the game to see how this works:

csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2016, 01:28:42 PM »

Nooo, I need to be more active on my devlog ;_; I'm trying now!

Planing some playable areas at the moment. For now, some concept art should do the trick and help me collecting some ideas.

Water should be walkable ( slower movement?) and enemies will be lurking in it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:22:07 PM by csg » Logged

siveon
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2016, 02:57:19 PM »

This looks great, keep going.  Hand Thumbs Up Left
TheArtistJiii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2016, 03:00:23 PM »

I'm interested in your gameplay. Got a demo?

"I'm Jiii" -Jiii
csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2016, 03:23:53 PM »

Sorry, no demo yet. Still working on the prologue which got 1 hour of gameplay! Need some more months, though.

redwolfplayer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2016, 07:07:14 PM »

This game looks really cool! I don't know if you covered it already, but what are you using to make the game?
csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2016, 01:38:20 AM »

The game is coded in c++, using Irrlicht as a graphic engine ( Octodad used it, too! ) and Irrklang for sound. Smiley

Uprising Studios
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2016, 01:42:31 AM »

Great art! Looking forward for seeing  more. 1 hour of gameplay for the prologue  WTF  that's a lot!
Good luck!

csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2016, 05:37:44 PM »

Not giving up yet! This weeks concept art is done! Took me 4 hours today! :D

Schotti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2016, 04:09:25 PM »

These concept arts are marvelous and give a good impression of the planned in-game atmosphere. In general, the level of polishing is impressive! Keep up the good work and let us know about recent updates!  Grin
csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2016, 12:45:19 PM »

Thanks for all of your feedback, I'm high on motivation right now! :D

Finished a testing Area for AI, new models, effects and gameplay!

It will be included in the prologue as a simple skirmish to play!

csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2016, 06:09:43 AM »

This weeks conceptart is done! Not as fancy as the last one, but still captures the feelings for the region quite well imo.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 07:39:04 AM by csg » Logged

Schotti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2016, 11:16:14 AM »

The ingame screens are amazingly close to your concept arts, can't wait to see some new ingame screenshots! Which map editor do you use for your rooms?  Ninja
csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2016, 02:11:06 PM »

Finished up a LOT of programming for weapons! There are 8 types of weapons, lets start with axes!

-- Zirkonia armory --

1 - Axes!

(Heavy axe from the prologue)

Axes can be either heavy or normal. Heavy axes deal a lot more damage, but wielding them required a good portion of strength.
Base damage of axes is one of the highest in the game, but their scaling with strength is mediocre at best and they have almost never dexterity scaling. Also, armor penetration is really high.

Armor penetration is a new gameplay feature:
The weapons penetration value ( in % ) describes how much of the enemies damage reduction is ignored. So with 100% penetration, armor will be useless und full damage is taken. When attacking enemies with a lot of armor, axes are a save bet. Daggers, for example, would be a bad call - their armor penetration is usually around 10-20%.

If a character has armor, a small shield icon is displayed in his character window. Armor is destroyable, though! armor-points, the armors 'life', is shown below health as grey lines. For now, only axes can destroy armor: This is their special ability (each weapon type got its own one). Each Actionpoint used in an attack decreases the armor by 1. If armor points are down to zero, each weapon type will deal its full damage.

So, if you face a strong enemy with a lot of armor, 3 options should be viable:

1) Use weapons with high armor penetration to kill them ( like axes or batons ).
2) Use axes to destroy the armor, allowing everyone to deal a good ammount of damage.
3) Use other means to bypass the damage reduction. Poison, for example.

Here, some gifs! The first one shows armor damage taken, the second one how armor is destroyed:

csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2016, 01:27:08 PM »

-- Zirkonia armory --

2 - Crossbows!

(Kyara, the protagonist, with a crossbow. It's her new 3d model, updated! )

Crossbows are one of two ranged combat weapons in Zirkonia. They scale with dexterity, rarely with strength and have high base damage.  Their range is also high, but the attack pattern is kind of limited compared to bows:

Attacking is only possible in a straight line. With crossbow-mastery C or higher, diagonal lines are also an option!
Minimum range is 2 fields, so crossbows are useless in close combat.

Right now, I'm thinking about different types of bolts ( and arrows ). They might give more armor penetration, additional status effects like poison or environment interaction ( fire arrows ).

csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2016, 04:34:11 AM »

-- Zirkonia armory --

3 - Clubs and Hammers: Batons!

Here they are, the pinnacle of raw damage output: Batons! strength scaling with these is enormous. They can only attack in close range and ignore most enemies armor. Some of them might also inflict Status effect like "crippled" or "stuned".

To somewhat reflect this brutal nature in gameplay, the Baton-type introduces another new feature: Using more Action points than a character might has available! Like this, a characters Action Point account can decrease below 0. This shortcoming will then be compensated with new Acion Points, generated in the next turn.

Character used 2 Action points more than available: The lock indicates the shortcoming of 2 points. AP generation in the next turn will be decreased by 2.

But wait, there is a downside. While having negative AP, the character suffers from the "exhausted" status effect. This will double all incoming damage. So using a heavy blow with a lot of AP might be good to kill of enemies quickly, but leaves you vulnerable in the next turn until your Points are regenerated.

Finally, a heavy attack causing "exhausted" as a gif! Game Designer is taking a critical here Evil

csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2016, 12:31:53 PM »

Batons can now cause earthquakes. If characters are hit by debris, they take damage.

:D I'm on vacation now for 2 weeks, so see you then <3

csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2016, 02:57:19 PM »

Back from vacation! \o/

Worked a little bit on the torch. Some areas are dark, so torches are usefull to increase sight!
Implemented dynamic lighting at the same time. Going to use it in battle animations for sure. :D

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic