Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:57:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsZirkonia - The prologue
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Zirkonia - The prologue  (Read 20746 times)
csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2017, 04:18:34 PM »

wow, don't know yet how to manage developing AND posting about it X_X

Anyway, working on Skilltrees right now!

Skilltrees will be developed by players choice: By deciding on different branches at certain points each character will have its own unique tree! I'll post more about how this is possible in the future, if you're interested. :D

csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2017, 07:22:28 AM »

Updated the first post with a lot new material! Hope you like it :D

csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2017, 12:04:26 PM »

Started work on more character portraits. Want it to be done before summer strikes and drawing will be a pain .... :'D

Here are the 4 stages the image went through: Rough sketch, cleaned lineart, coloration, and the final image with lighting added.

csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2017, 06:41:38 AM »

I was thinking of some handy way to give the player more freedom in his character positioning and overall map control. Until now, it was mandatory to place physically weak characters ( Mages, archers, ... ) somewhere sound and save - behond allies, most of the time.
Placing someone in front of someone else is not really good character interaction and does not give much options at all, so I implemented shields.

(animation is still crude, sorry! :D )

Shields are another learnable 'tactic' in Zirkonia ( Tactics define the characters behaviour on enemy turns: for example, 'aggressive' will lead to counterattacks and 'defensive' will reduce the overall damage taken).

A character will protect his 2 sideway fields from any damage, even long range archery. But just from the front: characters on protected fields can still be damaged from behind or the sides.
For now, enemies can still pass through protected fields: They do not stop movement at all. Maybe in the future?

Each attack against the shield character will exhaust his pool of focus points ( points used for skills and passive actions on enemy turns), rendering this tactic useless at 0. Still. I'm not really happy with this, as this does indeed implicates that you have to break through shields with raw force all the time. Not fun, I think.

For now, I'm going back to character artworks!  Gentleman

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic