Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:29:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEnding
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Ending  (Read 79970 times)
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2013, 08:09:41 AM »

New build is up with streamlined UI:

Levels have been trimmed down to 60 to improve pacing. "Benched" levels are still playable on the next page in the editor. Adventure mode level generation has been tweaked. Adventure mode saves current state when quitting to the title menu. Sounds have been re-imported at higher bit rates. Swipe controls for mobile have been adapted for holding down a direction.

Going to get mobile builds out tomorrow and see how I can get this to work on Android.
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2013, 02:10:50 PM »

Someone didn't figure out how to advance Adventure mode - and to be honest I was checking all the doors before moving on myself, which isn't great design.

So now the "advance" doors animate - you can clearly see which is the best door to go for. The "retreat" doors, the bad ones, have black marks on them - making them look like the bad news they are. Sidestep doors are unmarked, making it clear they don't affect progress.

I've also made the adventure mode ending a bit more fireworks-like with some new sounds to boot.

Still not wrapped my head around Android yet. I'm inclined to release on iOS first and do the Android build after if I'm honest. Android won't be left out though.
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2013, 04:34:21 AM »

The penultimate build is up.

I've been tuning the opening puzzle levels as well as adventure mode. The adventure progression is now very fast with generators introduced as soon as you go through the advance door.  Winning depends on a little luck, mixed with leaving a clear retreat path - which of course damages your score. State saving is now in the iOS build which will go out shortly.

I'm pretty happy with the current state of the game. One more round of feedback to catch any bugs and then it's off to Apple with it.
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »

Just a couple more tweaks:

Altered level 05 (I thought I made it easier but I found on a fresh test subject I'd made the puzzle harder).

Adventure mode doors are now punitively placed. The advance door will always be the farthest away from you and the retreat door will always be the closest. Basically what was happening as I was playing this over and over again was that I found myself winning because I would luck out on advance doors being packed together. This reduced getting a good score to luck - which didn't seem fair. Now it's guaranteed that you will have to fight through a room to advance. This should also make this mode much, much harder. Enjoy!
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2013, 05:05:22 AM »

note to self: save state isn't recording the current score
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2013, 06:42:02 AM »

Added sound toggle and fullscreen toggle to the browser version (plus cleaned up the page).

More balancing on Adventure mode - which I now dub Gauntlet mode, because it's now 9 rooms minimum of pain.

One more round of live-testing before I submit the iOS version.
Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2013, 06:48:57 AM »

This looks awesome, i love the simplicity.
Have you thought about giving it a monotone color scheme instead of black'n'white?

st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2013, 02:31:50 PM »

To be honest, no.

The source code needs to be tidied up for porting to other languages anyway. That means converting to using a sprite sheet - which will mean people can design their own graphics.
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2013, 04:09:10 AM »

More UI work  Tired

Going to look at this scaling crap on iOS now.
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2013, 04:48:02 AM »

note to self: mouse-pointer isn't hiding when fullscreen
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2013, 10:20:54 AM »

Submitted to the app store. Now waiting for the results of the review. I'm going to try out an Android build now.

The version at the link is pretty much the final game. Consider this done. I'll be updating with platform releases and bug fixes from now on.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2013, 10:26:20 AM »

Congrats! Beer!

Any chance of a standalone PC version?
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2013, 01:48:28 AM »

I'll be releasing standalones with the App Store release.

I just got notice that it's been approved, should go live on 11th June. Hopefully I should be able to get the Android version sorted by then as well.
Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2013, 01:32:23 PM »

Congrats man  Beer! I'II definitely buy that badboy once it surfaces on the appstore

Life sucks and then you die.
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2013, 01:59:09 PM »

Desktop downloads for the big 3 operating systems now available on the first page, along with the other release targets planned.
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2013, 05:32:03 AM »

Note to self: update desktop versions to check stage.displayState

Release date moved to 18th June for mobile releases. Still struggling with Android, but getting closer to narrowing down what is causing the issue (empty AIR projects are accepted by the store but Ending isn't - so it's trial and error time...)
FoxyGrandpa
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2013, 09:28:02 PM »

I just saw this game today. It's awesome! The graphics are simple yet they fit perfectly with the game. The mechanics are innovative and addicting. Good work! This one is definitely one of my favorites.  Hand Thumbs Up Left
Arnold
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2013, 03:59:39 AM »

just wanted to stop by and say: wow!
that is some creative enemy design right here.
Pack that thing in audience friendly graphics and get yourself some  Hand Money Right

I'm 1/2 of @Tinytouchtales and I collect Video-Game stuff on @Speicherstand
st33d
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2013, 04:05:33 AM »

Fuck you! No Candy Crush graphics! (At least until the open-source version, then texture packs should be viable).

Release date is tomorrow (18th July) for Android and iOS.

Ending will also be at Rezzed in Birmingham this weekend as a part of the Leftfield collection along with Icefishing 5, Trash TV, etc. Come check us out.
Arnold
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2013, 03:56:10 AM »

giv teh candy! (just bought it)

I'm 1/2 of @Tinytouchtales and I collect Video-Game stuff on @Speicherstand
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic