Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 04:58:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSUPER Witch Hunter Pro EX
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: SUPER Witch Hunter Pro EX  (Read 8370 times)
dx0ne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 05:31:36 AM »

This is getting better and better. Simple idea(so far) but it's so well executed.
Waiting for this one  Hand Fork Left Hand Knife Right

https://itch.io/dx0ne<br />faking gamedev success since 2083
GrinningPickle
Level 0

Dense and flavourful.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 08:55:16 PM »

Wow, thanks dx0ne!

Our artist is soon to return from his holiday and we will be working on new UI, art for new enemies and all other outstanding art-tasks. So keep your eyes peeled for some fresh art in the near future.

After that we are truly in the home-stretch of polish and tweaking.

dx0ne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 01:24:39 AM »

Btw. here's idea to consider: crowdsourced mob shouts. Something like http://grundysoft.com/the-paintings-of-the-pixelouvre/
People will send you their recordings of "burn the witch!", you'll mix it into some looped crowd shout and add few randoms like "kill her, she's escaping" etc.
No idea if quality would be enough though.

https://itch.io/dx0ne<br />faking gamedev success since 2083
jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 01:27:31 AM »

This keeps looking better and better!

GrinningPickle
Level 0

Dense and flavourful.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 12:46:13 AM »

Hey fellows!

dxOne: Crowdsourcing our crowd is an awesome (and poetic) suggestion, we all loved it. It'd be like inviting everyone to attend the burn-a-thon!

Here's some updatery--

We've got a bunch of new enemies happening, here's the line-up:

The terrifying Time Banshee will spawn when you're burning too slowly:

Setting up the round sequence which features a time of day shift:

We've put a great deal more emphasis on HUGE flaming feedback (and an updated HUD):

We've also implemented new front-end UI- game over summary and hi score (with working online score submission!)

Along with about a thousand and one little tweaks and polish tasks. We're getting there!

We need some testers!
We'll be preparing an Alpha soon for private testing, if anyone here is interested in testing please send us a message and we'll give you an invite.

GrinningPickle
Level 0

Dense and flavourful.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 08:28:12 PM »

We're getting really close to a test build for beta. We're looking for testers, so if you're one for constructive feedback, please send us a message!

Updated the original post with some new screenshots and a...

Uykered
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 06:24:04 PM »

This looks significantly better than Little Inferno.
eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2013, 06:07:59 AM »

Amazing art style!

Have you considered tilting the view ever so slightly and having the screen move ever so slightly in the direction of player travel to create a subtle parallax effect? I mean, the 3D is apparently already in place, so why not use it?

Also, the "wave" effect on the crowds in those animated gifs is making me sea sick. The crowds should definitely move (in reaction to player or playfield events), just not in that way.

EDIT: Whoah, just saw the beta video... so maybe a parallax effect will be too much because there's already so much screen shake... which just adds to my feeling of sea sickness... but maybe that's the effect you are going for? Smiley

EDIT: Ok, final question, just watched the video again... why do the girls appear in a ray of light, instead of, say, being pulled/thrown from the crowd?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 06:13:25 AM by eobet » Logged

GrinningPickle
Level 0

Dense and flavourful.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2013, 06:48:09 AM »

eobet: Great feedback, be great to have you testing the beta! Addressing your points...

• The crowd reacts based on the amount of total Pyres you have burning concurrently. The more burn, the more hype - and the greater the score multiplier.
  • That parallax idea is a great one, actually. We'd love to make more use of the 3D scene (without going too super paper mario on it Wink ). We'll be waiting to hear just how motion sick and overstimulated we make people when playing the real thing, then adjust.
  • We wanted to suggest that a higher (holy) power was delivering the girls to the pyres - but essentially we needed a highly noticeable effect, and one that was easy to implement Smiley

alastair: Not quite, I think ; ) If we're even mentioned in the same sentence, it's a massive compliment, though - Thanks!

Cheers.

laxwolf
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2013, 06:37:29 AM »

Any updates? I just watched a gameplay video and I was super impressed. Looks like a ton of fun.

Solo artist, modeler, designer, and programmer.
ashtonmorris
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 01:09:30 PM »

Is this still alive? I love the gameplay video Wizard

Ashton Morris - Composer & Sound Designer

Roah * Bomblsinger * Goliath * Wings of Vi * Lemma * Bit Heroes * Star Command Galaxies

http://www.ashtonmorris.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashtonmorris
DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2014, 02:12:12 PM »

As a Wiccan I find this game highly offensive.

Just kidding, I don't care.
(& I'm not Wiccan Wizard)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic