Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:23:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosJamo - Pixel art for all! (3 years and still going strong)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Jamo - Pixel art for all! (3 years and still going strong)  (Read 30234 times)
Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2013, 01:32:38 AM »

Hi everyone, I hope you like my pixel art! I'm a versatile artist, trained as an illustrator and conceptual artist, who can work to either fit an existing game style, or work with you to develop a new and interesting look for your project. I am open for commissions for projects of just about every scale, so please do let me know if you like my work and would like to work with me on your project.

[NOTE} - There is a lot of new artwork further on in the thread, so make sure to check that out too. Cheers!

Email - [email protected]
Website - http://jamogames.com/
Tumblr - http://jamo-games.tumblr.com/
Twitter - @jamogames
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/JamoGames

Testimonials from TIG people
James have been working with us on Hammerwatch to create the large end bosses that we have (8 directions, several animations and such).
At first I wasn't sure that James could deliver the graphics that we needed - the look - since our game looks so different from a lot of his work. But he managed without problems and had no problems changing and adopting to our needs.
I would recommend this guy to other devs because of work speed, fair prices and quality work.

I contacted Jamo Games for the main assets to my game. Absolutley elated with how quick and professional he was, not to mention affordably priced. He kept in contact and showed me his progress, confirming my satisfaction. Highly recommend him.
mgnade
It's been a pleasure to work with James and I was really impressed with the communication and speed at which he worked (always awesome!).  I look forward to working with him some more to finish up my flash game and make it awesome.
James' artwork speaks for itself, but says little about just how invaluable he is as a collaborator. I've had the pleasure of commissioning several artists recently, all of them exceptional -- but with respect to the others, James was my favorite to work with. He was extremely personable, very timely, but moreover, he's an artist with vision!
I had the pleasure of commissioning a small job from James. The art quality was of course brilliant, and James was real a delight to work with.

He delivered the work quickly and with great cheer. He communicated with me often to ensure that it was proceeding in the direction I needed.

Here's an artist with a very unique touch and great skill at animation -- you will not regret hiring his services for your project!

Mock-Ups

Animation

TileSets
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 09:41:36 AM by Jamo » Logged

LuisAnton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:47:35 AM »

Just curiosity here: what are you using for animating sprites? Those animations with lines delimiting cycles are pretty interesting. And I love those wolves and wind gusts.

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 02:56:19 AM »

Just curiosity here: what are you using for animating sprites? Those animations with lines delimiting cycles are pretty interesting. And I love those wolves and wind gusts.

I use photoshop, the lines I made myself to track the footstep distances to make sure that they are even.
Also, thanks!

mgnade
Level 0

Indie is Good

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 11:46:58 AM »

Those tilesets at the bottom of James first post are for my game.  It's been a pleasure to work with James and I was really impressed with the communication and speed at which he worked (always awesome!).  I look forward to working with him some more to finish up my flash game and make it awesome.

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 11:51:32 AM »

Those tilesets at the bottom of James first post are for my game.  It's been a pleasure to work with James and I was really impressed with the communication and speed at which he worked (always awesome!).  I look forward to working with him some more to finish up my flash game and make it awesome.
make a devlog for it

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 12:02:32 PM »

Thanks Mike, I had a great time working with you too! Glad you are happy with the work

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 12:42:22 PM »

Awesome. I'm going to study those animations until my eyes bleed.

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 12:45:47 PM »

Awesome. I'm going to study those animations until my eyes bleed.

Glad you like them. If you need any help then just let me know and I'll help if I can!

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 01:50:29 PM »

Your art is rad!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 05:51:21 AM »

Your art is rad!

Thanks, you are rad!

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 05:21:05 AM »

Just added these into the top portfolio. They are all from Infinite Eden. Got some other stuff to add soon too!

Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 08:02:59 AM »

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 08:08:26 AM »

Haha he really does, need to get cracking on that!

☠️
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »

James' artwork speaks for itself, but says little about just how invaluable he is as a collaborator. I've had the pleasure of commissioning several artists recently, all of them exceptional -- but with respect to the others, James was my favorite to work with. He was extremely personable, very timely, but moreover, he's an artist with vision!

I look forward to working with James again soon, before his fees justifiably exceed my tiny budget!

wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 11:03:37 AM »

Nice catch!  The resemblance is uncanny.

I look forward to seeing the animation here.  :D
Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 05:23:06 AM »

Some other images of the new project.
I'm especially fond of this work, I think the colour scheme makes it something special compared to other things that I have worked on, though it took a long time to get right..

I'm also working with someone else on a game at the minute, so I should have some new animation to show you all soon!

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 12:54:08 AM »

A horror game mock-up

NicroGames
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 05:15:52 AM »

These are all mind-blowingly good! Gentleman
If I weren't already working on a game, I would definitely go to you.
Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 06:31:00 AM »

These are all mind-blowingly good! Gentleman
If I weren't already working on a game, I would definitely go to you.

Thanks, I'm glad you like them. And there is always next time! Just send me an email or something if you want to commission something for a project in the future.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »

Man I really like your work. Awesome stuff  Panda

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic