Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:55:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkLooking for small crew to develop app based MMORPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for small crew to develop app based MMORPG  (Read 676 times)
Whippets68
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2013, 07:17:15 AM »

Hi,

I'm developing an mmorpg for mobile devices, but obviously it's more than one person can manage. Whilst I realise that this is one of a million such posts, I have some fairly original ideas, to go alongside the tried and trusted mechanics.

I'm not expecting a fully 3D AAA mmorpg, though of course, I'm open to anything. Graphics are certainly not my forte. I couldn't even tell you what 3D engines are available for the various platforms of mobile device.

The business model is f2p+shop which seems to be the way of things at the moment. Again, I'm not expecting a get-rich-quick scheme; but a few extra pounds/dollars/euros in the pockets of the devs has to be the idea xD

The basic concept is a cross between GW2 WvW / Ingress / Pocket Legends / Age of Legends, currently wrapped up in an HTML/JS rough prototype and proof of concept, with PhoneGap.

I have most of the maths mechanics written, with a very rough PHP HTTP server; the first version of the DB structures, and CRON-JOBs to generate league tables, stat recovery, etc.

Obviously this will all need to be written with a java server, and chat server, which I will certainly need some help with. I can write in java, but I'm not terribly good at it.

So, I'm looking for either a 2D pixel artist, or 3D artist with some knowledge of suitable engines; a java programmer with knowledge of writing multiple persistent connection servers, and chat servers; and someone with audio/composing skills. I have no issues with new ideas, or design changes, in fact, I'd like a small team who can all bring ideas and skills to the table. As you can see, there are areas in which I have zero knowledge.

I have a dedicated server, and can build a suitable website with forums, league tables/scores etc, and can manage the DB structures, some java, and PHP work. I'm in the UK so for ease and speed of communication, UK/EU people would be preferable, but I'm not adverse to anyone who's interested. If you'd like to criticise or show interest, please reply or send a private message. Thank you for your time reading this.

Oh, I forgot to mention this is a PvP game!
Whippets68
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 01:13:25 AM »

I now have a website under construction at http://fantastic-earth.com which although lacking in artwork, has live league tables from the game app - such as it is so far. There's also a forum running, which I'll continue working on today.
Whippets68
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 01:23:50 AM »

Having looked at what's out there, I've moved to ShiVa to develop the app. It's a reasonable work-flow, and very straight forward. Having made the move, I'm looking for a 2D artist, 3D artist, and c++/lua programmer to join in.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic