Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:42:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusiness[UNPAID] Project Pioneer, looking for Pixel Art Animator
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [UNPAID] Project Pioneer, looking for Pixel Art Animator  (Read 3882 times)
Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2007, 05:25:52 PM »

Hi!

I already posted this in Pixelation which is the most adequate platform for such a post, but maybe it reaches someone else who is interested for this Smiley

(I haven't been posting much lately because I've been terribly busy and not only on the game projects)

Catch ya later!

---

Greetings.

Project Pioneer is currently looking for:

2D Pixel Art Animator

This is NOT a paid position. Currently the focus of the project is on getting the game made. The game may be used for commercial purposes later on and payment will be discussed with involved parties in the event the product produces profits.

About the game:

Wizard's Tower is a colorful single player adventure/puzzle game for the PC. In this game, the player assumes the role of a young magic student named Tisha, who is taking her final test to become a full-fledged Wizard. The test's objective is to traverse a big tower full of monsters and puzzles all the way to the top and retrieve the Magic Amulet, an item which is guarded by a powerful magical beast, Chimera. To accomplish this, the player can make use of Tisha's magic spells to defeat monsters, but the player will also need to use his intelligence to solve the puzzles of the tower and climb all its floors. To solve puzzles the player can use basic abilities like pushing blocks, activating levers and switches, breaking objects and opening chests. The tower's floors also feature several traps that will challenge the player's progress. Tisha will find several types of pick-ups in the adventure, some will allow her to cast additional spells while others will replenish health or yield score points.

More information will be disclosed to aspirants who fulfill the requirements and once a person is selected to fill this role in the team.

Technical Overview

Title: Wizard's Tower
Platform: PC (Windows)
Genre: Adventure/Puzzle
Language: English (default), Spanish
Players: Single-player
Levels: 64 levels (floors) and final boss battle + 32 levels and new boss (New Game+)
Graphics: 2D top down point of view, 2D pixel art graphics
Screen Resolution: 800 x 600 windowed (no filtering) or 800 x 600 full-screen (no filtering), 800 x 600 field and 40 x 40 tiles, variable sprite sizes
Input: Standard keyboard or 6-button game pad

Requirements:
  • Experience in 2D Pixel Art Animation. As this is not a paid position we won't ask you for previous work experience, although it is always a plus.
  • Strong abilities in depicting motion and creating stylish and detailed animations.
  • The project is relatively advanced in concept, documentation and visual design. The animator must be versatile and able to adapt to the style of the graphics and character designs. Many graphics are already created. Part of the work will include the re-touch or upgrade of existing test/placeholder animations to final production quality.
  • Submit samples of your previous Pixel Art animation work. Either links to online portfolios or attached files is fine. For obvious reasons, your animation skills have to improve on the current test animations (see below).

Concept art samples

Screens (actual game, not mock)

Current animation samples:

About the Team:

Currently the game is being developed by a team of 4 people from two game development groups, Raigeki and The GameDev Guys and a freelance coder. These team members perform several roles in the production of the game. The project is being led by Ricardo Chirino as main designer and art director.

Contact Information

If you're interested in joining Project Pioneer as a 2D Pixel Art Animator, contact Ricardo Chirino at the following e-mail address with “Project Pioneer” in the subject line: ricardochirino[at]gmail[dot]com. This is the only means of contact that will be considered for aspirants. Please, don't reply to this thread.

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 06:05:34 PM »

Fantastic artwork! Cry
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 01:53:15 PM »

Reminds me of the Lolo games, which I loved.

I think the health/lives status bar needs spiffying up, but I take it that's just a placeholder.

Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 10:30:42 AM »

Fantastic artwork! Cry

This means a lot to me and the team Smiley

Reminds me of the Lolo games, which I loved.

I think the health/lives status bar needs spiffying up, but I take it that's just a placeholder.

Nice! Someone else remembers the Lolo games. Those are one of the inspirations for Wizard's Tower. As for the HUD/Interface: Yeah we're working on that, those simple text displays are just there for the time being while we test. The game will have a polished, more interesting screen display.

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic