Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 02:10:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBLOCPK: Competitive Hoarding: Pickup Artists
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: BLOCPK: Competitive Hoarding: Pickup Artists  (Read 48778 times)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2013, 04:53:25 PM »

Okay, things left to do before the game is done!

Impliment tackle
Tile sets
Ammo crate sprites
Fix ammo crate behavior
Couple of different levels
environmental hazards (spikes, lava, etc)
HUD

If anybody wants to help on any of this ish just let me know.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2013, 03:32:14 PM »

I need to take a break for a while. The more and more I test the game the less fun I find it.

Its like shitty Samurai Gunn or Tower Fall. It needs something else to be worth anything, and right now it doesnt have whatever that thing is.

I'm going to just... focus on another little programming thing I want to do and come back to block when I have some more ideas.

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2013, 03:38:22 PM »

You did a good job Beer! I'm sure you'll think of something.

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2013, 01:41:24 AM »

It has a blocpk

laxwolf
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2013, 11:42:39 AM »

I still think some type of CTF gamemode would be good. Fighting each other is fun, but fighting each other for something is even more fun. You could switch it to something more mobile, like a flag or microchip. I find it very satisfying to kill someone (in a game, of course) when they are just about to succeed.

Solo artist, modeler, designer, and programmer.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2013, 11:45:18 AM »

Thats sort of what the block mode is, just CTF.

I thought about adding a "paint" mode where whenever you touch a piece of terrain it changes to your color and whoever has the most colored blocks at the end is the winner.

Also a basketball mode.

siskavard
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »

I think with this set up you could have a lot of different modes and package them all into one game.

• CTF
  • DEATHMATCH
  • PAINT MODE
  • BASKETBALL
  • TAGGURIT
  • ETC

or sumthin
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2013, 12:56:23 PM »

Updated first post.

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2013, 02:43:29 PM »

Dude , Go play gang garrison 2 and make this DAMN game  Wizard
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2013, 07:06:32 AM »

Well, Atnas is missing. So I can't get the last piece into the game because I have no sprite for it. Its a shoulder tackle that you use by double tapping the direction you want to tackle in. If you hit the other player, you send them flying backwards and you can catch them with a crouch shot if you're good enough. Otherwise if you hit a wall you get stunned for a second.

Also it rained here in Missouri for 6 straight days and as a result the back half of my house flooded. Which is where my room/PC was. Haven't had a computer for a week now so nothing has been done on good ol blockpckp. Sad sad.

rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2013, 01:41:50 PM »

Well, Atnas is missing. So I can't get the last piece into the game because I have no sprite for it. Its a shoulder tackle that you use by double tapping the direction you want to tackle in. If you hit the other player, you send them flying backwards and you can catch them with a crouch shot if you're good enough. Otherwise if you hit a wall you get stunned for a second.

Also it rained here in Missouri for 6 straight days and as a result the back half of my house flooded. Which is where my room/PC was. Haven't had a computer for a week now so nothing has been done on good ol blockpckp. Sad sad.

Very sad :/ hope You'll get cracking as soon as you get on the pc again. I hope you didn't had mutch electrical damage.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2013, 03:06:08 PM »

Not too much. I think one of the outlets died and my PC tower will actually shock me if I plug it in anywhere. I ordered a new chassis so we will see. *fingers crossed*

Blambo
« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2013, 03:42:40 PM »

I need to take a break for a while. The more and more I test the game the less fun I find it.

Its like shitty Samurai Gunn or Tower Fall. It needs something else to be worth anything, and right now it doesnt have whatever that thing is.

I'm going to just... focus on another little programming thing I want to do and come back to block when I have some more ideas.

You can do this.

You're Ron Fucking Swanson.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2013, 04:07:07 PM »

You can do this.

You're Ron Fucking Swanson.

Your art makes me weak in the knees.

Blambo
« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2013, 04:10:27 PM »

Currently married to a long term project. If you absolutely need stuff done, I can help out though.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2013, 04:11:40 PM »

Currently married to a long term project. If you absolutely need stuff done, I can help out though.

O.O I UH

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2013, 12:25:36 PM »

Alright so my house is fixed and my PC is also fixed. Woop! Resume make.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2013, 06:13:42 AM »

Man.

This game just isn't fun. I'm going to rebuild the whole damn thing. Probably take out the guns because one, they dont work with the block idea very well and TWO I dont want to make a game about shooting each other.

Game needs to be about BLOCPKS. PICKIN EM UP. TOSSIN EM. STACKIN EM. GETTIN SCORES. GETTIN POINTS. KNOCKIN DUDES INTO LAVA PITS.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2013, 06:19:46 AM »

More arcade-y, less .. something else-y
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2013, 06:42:05 AM »

Make it about blocks bro!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21
Print