Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411738 Posts in 69405 Topics- by 58458 Members - Latest Member: oiledsurvivor

May 23, 2024, 12:56:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioSound Designer/Composer - feedback appreciated
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sound Designer/Composer - feedback appreciated  (Read 1801 times)
boneyardaudio
Level 0

Music and Sound Design

View Profile WWW
« on: January 27, 2013, 05:52:45 AM »

Hello, bonjour, guten tag, hola.

My name is Joe, and I'm a freelance sound designer and composer. I'd really value some feedback on my work from the indie community, so if anyone would take the time to check it out that would be epic. I'm also available for hire - just hit me up with a message on here or email [email protected].

I'm currently working on a new showreel which I'll post soon, but here's some current stuff to get you started:

Current Showcase: http://bit.ly/14nSv7h - this features music from a number of projects I've worked on recently and ranges from ambient to orchestral.

Portfolio of original music: http://bit.ly/X3kMvn - this spans many genres and features examples of violin and vocal session work.

Sound design videos:  
Halo 4:

Burnout Paradise:

- I replaced the original audio on both of these videos with entirely original sounds created, recorded and/or edited by myself.

Sector Strike OST: http://bit.ly/110ySTW - I recently worked with clapfoot to create the soundtrack for their epic space shooter 'Sector Strike'. The full soundtrack is available for free download from my website.

Thanks for listening, hope you enjoy and look forward to hearing back. More info on my website: www.boneyardaudio.com.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:44:34 PM by boneyardaudio » Logged

Sound Designer | Composer
www.boneyardaudio.com | Facebook | Twitter | Blog
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:22:18 AM »

I think this belongs in the portfolios forum. Nice work with the Halo 4 video, though.

Python Blue - composer for NeonXSZ
Official Website
Bandcamp
ZackParrish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 03:33:54 PM »

Well, technically his post is requesting feedback, not jobs.  So this forum would suffice for the original aim of the post.  No harm in a little self promotion on the side too, although I do understand your concerns.  There has been an onslaught of portfolio threads posted in all kinds of random places and little to no moderation being done about it. Smiley

Other guy... I haven't listened to your music, but I will eventually.  Not likely to comment either, but if you're on soundcloud I might follow you if I'm interested in hearing your work in the future.

Tootles.

boneyardaudio
Level 0

Music and Sound Design

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 06:16:19 AM »

Thanks for the feedback PythonBlue, glad you liked it. Apologies if I posted in the wrong place - I didn't notice a portfolio section but you may be right that this should belong there (feel free to move it, Mr or Mrs Moderator).

Cheers Zack - any feedback would be appreciated but I understand you won't necessarily have time. My soundcloud is /boneyardaudio.

boneyardaudio
Level 0

Music and Sound Design

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 11:52:21 AM »

Just in case anyone's interested, I'm running a promo until 11:00am GMT tomorrow. I'll make you a free custom sound effect, and all you have to do is retweet me. Check out the thread over here for more details.

Also, have some ear candy: https://soundcloud.com/boneyardaudio/sets/monstafish-soundtrack

boneyardaudio
Level 0

Music and Sound Design

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 04:38:28 AM »

Been a little bit quiet on here for a while, but here are some new sounds. There's a wide range of genres from games and other projects I've been working on lately. Would love to know what people think Smiley

https://soundcloud.com/boneyardaudio/showcase-2013

Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 02:27:35 PM »

This stuff is great, man. You're very good at this

boneyardaudio
Level 0

Music and Sound Design

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 11:16:22 AM »

Thanks for the feedback man, much appreciated!

CasePortman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 11:26:45 AM »

Your showreel is very diverse and has great quality tracks, not to mention the perfect length. My opinion on your music.. awesome! I love the production on these tracks, sweet job!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic