Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 07:34:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesThe Top 5 Indie Games of September
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Top 5 Indie Games of September  (Read 3832 times)
Colin
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2008, 06:18:01 PM »

For my casual gaming blog I made this video feature; The 'Top 5 Free Indie Games' September edition.

I'm not sure if it's embeddable so it's currently only watchable here,

Opinions would be good, and I realize my voice isn't my strong point but it's something I need to work on.

But nonetheless opinions / feedback would be great  Smiley
Cheers
laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 08:43:29 PM »

Nicely done. Certainly informed me of a few games I need to track down now.
ChevyRay
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 08:50:45 PM »

Man, you gotta get someone else to do the voice for those :D I understood about 2% what you were saying, and my eye started to droop after a bit.

But nice video, and good picks! I liked the intro, it was cool. But the explosion thing seemed a bit out of place.
Colin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 09:08:42 PM »

Man, you gotta get someone else to do the voice for those :D I understood about 2% what you were saying, and my eye started to droop after a bit.

But nice video, and good picks! I liked the intro, it was cool. But the explosion thing seemed a bit out of place.

Good points, thanks for the feedback.
If I could find someone else to do the voice I'd love to have someone else do it.

Was I hard to understand because of Australian accent, or just general diction?

And I agree the explosion are a bit out of place, I'm working on something more snazzy.

sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 09:50:41 PM »

In my opinion, Australian accents don't make the best voice-overs because of the general monotony of the accent, your's is especially one of those that has a very laid back feel to it. Aussie accents don't really add much excitement. I'd suggest finding someone with an awesome british accent.

Sorry if I might have offended you =) I used to have a full-on Aussie accent myself, until I went and got it blended with that godawful American one. *shudder* I think accents are on whole a terribly bad idea.
moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 01:19:22 AM »

In my opinion, Australian accents don't make the best voice-overs because of the general monotony of the accent, your's is especially one of those that has a very laid back feel to it. Aussie accents don't really add much excitement. I'd suggest finding someone with an awesome british accent.

Sorry if I might have offended you =) I used to have a full-on Aussie accent myself, until I went and got it blended with that godawful American one. *shudder* I think accents are on whole a terribly bad idea.

I don't think it has so much to do with the accent (although admittedly I'm an Aussie too, so that might effect my opinion).. it's just hard to do a professional voice-over job when you aren't err.. professional. Practicing tone and clear pronunciation would be the way to go. You might need to listen to yourself back a few times to start getting it right.

I recorded a couple of episodes of a podcast a few years ago and I had no complaints about my accent personally, although I did have an American co-host.

azeo
Level 1

Blank slate!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 01:42:50 AM »

The only problem I really had was with the volume. Good list though  Gentleman
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 02:10:46 AM »

I agree, there's nothing wrong with Australian accents, it's just that you speak too low and monotonously and you don't enunciate very clearly.  But hey, we can't all be professional voice actors (I know I'm not).  You might want to find someone with a little more oomph to their voice.  Or slam like five espressos before recording.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Kinten
Gentleman Scholar
Level 3

You be suspicious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 02:17:09 AM »

Well done!
Got to check some of them out!

Chicanery reminds me of Sumo, and since the sumo team are my friends I just had to mention that!

Check my signature for a sumo duel between me and jeb Smiley

awesty
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 02:39:01 AM »

I could understand everything he said, but that probably is because I'm an aussie too. I think it just had kind of an "amateurish" sound to it, kinda like some dude just made the video in his bedroom because he was bored (which is most likely true Tongue ).

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 05:30:52 AM »

Check my signature for a sumo duel between me and jeb Smiley

Finally I understand what that was all about...
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 05:19:42 PM »

I used to have a full-on Aussie accent myself, until I went and got it blended with that godawful American one.
Don't be silly, Americans don't have accents.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 05:27:37 PM »

Don't be silly, Americans don't have accents.
Tired

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 06:25:45 PM »

People in the US do have accents if they're from the South, or from Texas, or from the midwest, or from the Bronx (in NYC).

awesty
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 01:08:57 AM »

People in the US do have accents if they're from the South, or from Texas, or from the midwest, or from the Bronx (in NYC).

People from everywhere have an accent. It just doesn't sound like it if you've been around people with a certain accent for your whole life.

increpare
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 01:18:52 AM »

I think kobel was being sarcastic...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic