Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:21:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsManaging to do lists
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Managing to do lists  (Read 11763 times)
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2014, 11:16:03 AM »

yes! org-mode! it messes with some of my bindings - argh - but I learn.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2014, 08:41:26 PM »

I'm still us ing evernote + paper/whiteboard to this day

I have however taken on trello/gdocs for collaborations and my backlog

pelle
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2014, 11:48:03 AM »

Emacs + org-mode. Version-managed together with the source code and everything else in a project. Cant keep track of anything in life without org-mode these days to be honest.
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2014, 01:01:59 PM »

I find the only features I care about are the tree manipulations, and auto-formatting for tabbed writing. (orgmode)
tjcbs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2014, 07:15:55 PM »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned FogBugz. It is the best bug tracking software I have used, and it is free for personal use.

Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2014, 02:03:18 AM »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned FogBugz. It is the best bug tracking software I have used, and it is free for personal use.

I looked it up a few years back and saw that it had a price tag and below average reviews (by below average it's something like 4.2 stars where all the competitors had like 4.6 stars lol). And I thought it could have been a little overhyped from its relation to StackOverflow and the geek community.

I actually adopted the 'minor bugs' naming directly from FogBugz's bug priority system because I thought it was nifty.
Gregg Williams
Level 10

Retromite code daemon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2014, 01:50:17 PM »

We use FogBugz at the company I do contract work, and I don't know if the configuration just isn't good or not, but I wasn't very impressed at all. The query system also seems highly limited. Although then again I'm coming from the realm of custom mega corp bug database softwares, and not open source offerings.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic