Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 01:18:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSomething came out of me....
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Something came out of me....  (Read 19113 times)
NAL
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2008, 08:39:22 AM »

Heh, I liked it. Pretty addictive Smiley
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 05:04:02 AM »

good  game. good controls. good work.
the donwloadable version runs smooth...but in the later levels with the scroling plus the missiles the framerate drops.

anyways edmund, meatboy is featured in the newest bytejacker episode  Gentleman
http://www.bytejacker.com/episodes/012

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2008, 03:56:06 AM »

anyways edmund, meatboy is featured in the newest bytejacker episode  Gentleman
http://www.bytejacker.com/episodes/012

Congrats Edmund Beer! ( Kiss Gish BTW, and that video of the Gish 2 particle thingy (where Gish was made of particles) was fucking awesome)
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2008, 09:00:44 AM »

Ooh, so this game is posted here...

My NG review:
I didn't like this game much. This doesn't really compare to the other platform games out there.

The levels weren't hard. The controls are very slippery and frustrating to use. The collision detection with the rockets and hazards is also crappy. Don't write off your design mistakes as the game simply being "hard", because that is simply not the case here. The controls and collision detection work against the player, which should never, ever happen in any sort of game, even "hard" ones.

The levels lack a certain 'oomph', which made them pretty boring to go through. The tiles were pretty boring and redundant, so I'd work on that. It'd also be nice if you simply implemented some cheerful sound effect for when you beat the levels, since that really motivates people to beat the next ones. Reward your players, dammit!

This game is also very laggy on my sub-high-end computer, which should never happen in a Flash game consisting almost only of sprites. Ever hear of bitmap caching? Using it helps optimize and speed up your game a lot. 8bitrocket has a tutorial on how to use it (the Atari 7800 Asteroids one), and I really recommend you read up on it and learn it before making any more sprited Flash games.

This was actually when I was on my Linux partition, which played this game a -lot- slower than here in Windows. The slipperiness is a little bit less with less lag. My other criticisms still stand.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 09:05:42 AM by Skofo » Logged

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic