Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 09:35:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWhat was the first game you made?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: What was the first game you made?  (Read 26911 times)
Mothil
Level 2

Mothil

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2016, 07:44:25 AM »

I consider the game in my signature my first game, because it's the first project I'm planning to finish.
I do have the first two Game maker games as executables. I remember I just sat there with Game Maker open for the first time just being mindblown by how all this works. I just couldn't for the life of me grasp the things in the tutorial (apple bounces on walls or something?) but I somehow pushed through. I believe they were created in the span of a weekend, and I spent every breathing second trying to understand how things work.

"Puff Land"
https://mothil.itch.io/puff-land?secret=nuyfv3PJsy8v6UMqMqkPvj7Nsw8

"Save the fox"
https://mothil.itch.io/platformer?secret=5HFZMKTruYtrL4pWuEpRvYtN7Xk

Akiro: Android | IOS <3
FlanPlan
Level 0

That's my horse.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2016, 12:30:28 PM »

First game I made was a bullet hell with a lot of intentional stereotypical bullet hell things and it was mostly over the top. I even got a pretty popular youtuber to narrate the story for it. It was fun making it and I learned a lot in the process. I would definitely not consider it to be amazing by any means, but it's still fun to go back and kill 2 hours with and thankfully my sister loves it too so adding local coop was a good idea haha.

Jocabundus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2016, 12:41:37 PM »

First game I made I think was just a basic "guess the number" type game.

But this is one of the first games I put on the internet. Larry the Dinosaur, a rudimentary platformer I made in Qbasic back in 2000:

schoko
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2016, 12:45:12 PM »

First game i made ( on a gamejam )

http://globalgamejam.org/2014/games/sighted

... we won a playstation with that...
NoLocality
Level 1

AssetsAssetsAssetsAssetsAssets...

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2016, 01:07:07 PM »

Well when I can afford a functional one of these...

...and if by some miracle the data isn't corrupted on a certain one of these...

...that I've had in storage for 20+ years I will happily show it off.

I remember it was called Cat's Castle, it was a point and click adventure and taking the wrong path usually resulted in a sound-bite playing where my 9yo self would mercilessly mock the player.  Also there might be a vampire, I...I think.

When I can afford the late-eighties Mac' it's going to be a cathartic moment to hear my younger self speak...if the data made it through the years intact that is...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic