Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:15:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsThe Tutorial Dump
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Tutorial Dump  (Read 5968 times)
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: October 06, 2008, 03:52:55 PM »

Post links to your favorite tutorials websites. Favorite or whatever website you feel like it's helping you. Whatever field you feel like. Go! Smiley

Since I like creating art and I have been heavily influenced by comics, here are a few oriented toward them.

Photoshop cafe for all kind of neat tricks and ideas.

Comic book style coloring tutorial for a comic book.. style... You get the idea.

Comic tutorial from a fellow french canadian artist. Interesting tidbits here and there throughout the tutorial.

Scott McDaniel's website. Look under the drawing comics section for all sorts of pretty cool tutorials.

Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 09:45:29 PM »

Lazy Foo's SDL tutorials are half the reason I'm able to program anything at all.

I've been making a neural network for uni recently (and would be doing it now, were I not a hopeless procastinator). On that front:
AI Junkie - helpful and non-scary, though far from comprehensive.

Bobby Anguelov's blog - found this yesterday, though it's not all that useful to me at this point and I didn't read it closely. Still, it seemed well written.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 12:25:41 AM »

http://www.emanueleferonato.com/

It has a lot of various stuff, but it's a great source for AS3 and AS2 programming and Flash in general.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 04:32:40 AM »

http://www.kongregate.com/pages/kongregate-labs

Apparently, Kongregate wants to increase the number of flash game developers.
Reiss
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 08:57:00 PM »

Lazy Foo's SDL tutorials are half the reason I'm able to program anything at all.

yes.
increpare
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 01:53:52 AM »

Ah yes; I find them pretty fantastic myself.  Maybe even moreso for the task of refreshing my memory after I've been away for a while NeHe's (which are also fantastic though, go into much more depth, and have the advantage of having many parallel versions available for different languages).

Also: the OpenGL Redbook must be mentioned whenever other opengl tutorials are mentioned.
raelz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 08:38:56 PM »

I've just started with anything game development related and before that I haven't done much about it.. but this might be useful since so many people here focus on drawing & art:
Portrait drawing tutorial (Youtube) - A set of videos by a pro, it's not like the others on youtube, these are REALLY good.

And I found another one - Tile Based Games in Flash - this one is EPIC
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:09:47 AM by raelz » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic