Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411979 Posts in 69438 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 16, 2024, 12:25:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessGreenlight - mildly insider info
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Greenlight - mildly insider info  (Read 2316 times)
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »

Anodyne's traffic from Greenlight is negligible (I think 150 hits). Our fastspring store has 91 hits from greenlight, 20 of which resulted in sales. Not sure on how many of tgreenlight -> homepage -> sales there were, though.

There's definitey a lot more from homepage -> greenlight for us.

How are you monitoring that hits to your store are coming from Greenlight? Are you going by the idea that people are using the coupon?

To our website, Google Analytics, same with the store (I ues Fastspring and they give you the ability to track for free)

play hydlide 2
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 04:18:49 PM »

Anodyne's traffic from Greenlight is negligible (I think 150 hits). Our fastspring store has 91 hits from greenlight, 20 of which resulted in sales. Not sure on how many of tgreenlight -> homepage -> sales there were, though.

In what time span?

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 04:52:56 PM »

i also got a few extra sales for immortal defense after listing it on greenlight. not enough to cover the greenlight fee of 100$ though. pretty negligible

deathtotheweird
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 05:32:02 PM »

I completely agree with you. I prefer Steam as a curated store which lets high quality games through. That way, they can "tell me" what to buy and what's worth looking at.

You're delusional if you think they ever only let high quality games through, because that is objectively not true.

If a game will make money, Steam will put it on the store regardless of quality. This has always been the case and always will be.
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 06:26:15 PM »

In what time span?

Greenlight -> Website over the last 6 months or so .

play hydlide 2
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic