Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 12:05:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHiversaires (released iOS/Android)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Hiversaires (released iOS/Android)  (Read 44152 times)
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2013, 06:32:15 PM »

I'm working on the remaining interfaces this week. If you would like to try the beta on wednesday, follow this link.

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2013, 04:14:54 AM »

Toast Left

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2013, 01:53:04 PM »

oh, I just noticed this is going to be iOS only. that's a damn shame.
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2013, 05:12:55 PM »

I think the platform will help define a unique experience in this case. Just the verticality of the first person camera is already pretty original and refreshing.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2013, 06:53:16 PM »

I disagree, the widescreen shots look much better than the iOS shots. Not sure why less detail would be original and refreshing, but I almost understand what you're trying to say.

There's little reason to not support multiple platforms. Especially if he's using Unity, the extra work would be minimal. And more people have PCs than iPhones/iPads, so there's that. Unless you want less people to play your game..
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2013, 07:09:27 PM »

Game looks great, good luck!

And more people have PCs than iPhones/iPads, so there's that. Unless you want less people to play your game..

Concerned Facepalm

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2013, 07:43:52 PM »

I disagree, the widescreen shots look much better than the iOS shots. Not sure why less detail would be original and refreshing, but I almost understand what you're trying to say.

There's little reason to not support multiple platforms. Especially if he's using Unity, the extra work would be minimal. And more people have PCs than iPhones/iPads, so there's that. Unless you want less people to play your game..
Hate to burst your bubble but in this day more people have iPhones than PCs. He's also not using Unity he's using his own X-Code engine.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2013, 07:50:00 PM »

Concerned Facepalm

You know, instead of being a passive aggressive twat you could just correct my mistake. It doesn't bottom line change the point of my statement anyways.

And yes Armageddon I realize that, like I said doesn't change the point I was trying to make. But I must have missed the post where he said it wasn't Unity, I just assumed. Unfortunate, oh well.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2013, 09:29:26 PM »

Concerned Facepalm
You know, instead of being a passive aggressive twat you could just correct my mistake. It doesn't bottom line change the point of my statement anyways.

You're right, I shouldn't comment like that. Carrying on..

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2013, 10:36:24 PM »

Hey guys, don't start a debate on here.

But I'd still like to answer. I could have easily used a web object and do everything in JS to port it on Android. But I decided not to. This is my first mobile game and I wanted a solid and simple deployment. Not only was the Android SDK documentation shit, it scared me. I did NOT want to use this platform from reading about it.

I will try iOS in hope that I won't have to patch weird artefacts dating from older iOS versions. If this works well with iPhone, I will see if I can port this on Android. But until they get their shit together and have better documentation for beginners, I probably won't.

And I disagree about the screen orientation - I think this feels great playing games with a single hand on mobile.

XXIIVV

bigpants
Level 1

hi there, i'm happy mister bigpants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2013, 10:52:55 PM »

Absolutely intrigued by everything I've seen and read.
Can't believe how quickly you're building this.
Resist the urge to make it aliceffekt hard,
so that I can play it.

- a broken Haiku 4 U

Twitter   B-Game   Demake  
one of us wears pants
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2013, 11:26:08 PM »

This is so beautiful.

XXIIVV

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2013, 03:13:07 AM »

I have prepared the builds for tomorrow's testing. If you would like to take part in the beta testing, follow this link.

XXIIVV

1GR3
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2013, 11:23:47 AM »

The SF noir style is awesome. I'm really looking forward to play this game!
robro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2013, 02:12:22 PM »

This looks cool as fuck. Makes me wish I had an iPhone...  Sad

DISHTY
Level 0

PUNCH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2013, 07:59:53 AM »

Corny Laugh  Big Laff  Epileptic  Screamy  Droop  Concerned  Well, hello there!  Tears of Joy

The artstyle induces rather fantastical figments in my brain to jump around and conjure up excited thoughts.

My Word!

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2013, 10:03:17 AM »

so whens it come out on toaster

play hydlide 2
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2013, 10:52:44 AM »

Can't wait to hear the music for this.

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2013, 05:27:31 PM »

Hiversaires is now working on iPad and iPhone5. Demo

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 07:14:39 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2013, 08:05:07 PM »

How much music is in this? Any chance of a teaser or would that spoil the atmosphere and mystery?

keep on keeping on~

play hydlide 2
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic