Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:47:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessPAX East Booth Advice Needed!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: PAX East Booth Advice Needed!  (Read 3702 times)
Chaotic Kitten
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 12:24:48 PM »

Thanks Chris ^_^   

stitch in time is still work.
randomshade
Level 1

Fastzelda

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 05:54:33 PM »

Yes, Kyle was saying the internet hookup is more than a 10x10... I wonder if a 4G dongle would work in this metallic structure.

1000W sounds like a minimum based on your gear so I'll get that too - man I owe you at least a beer.

Beer is readily accepted Beer!
Chaotic Kitten
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 12:35:06 AM »

since beer is already covered, how about some cookies Tongue I make a mean chocolate chip and a tasty molasses cookie. *nodnodnod*

lolo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 05:02:19 AM »

Agreed on all accounts, Chaotic Kitten, except the Internet is insanely expensive ranging from $1k for 300 kbps to $10k (yes that's 10 grand) for 5 mbps - yeah emphasis on insane - so I opted for installing a local photon server on a windows laptop.
You did it smart with split-screen co-op.

Re food and stuff, I was informed the catering guy doesn't see well to us bringing in foodstuff, that includes water - I'll just smuggle it in :D
(am I the only one to get this feeling of excitement like when school started and you met your friends, planned mischiefs & stuff?)

I'll be in on Thursday setting things up. See you guys there.

McDROID he had a farm ee-eye, ee-eye-oh.
randomshade
Level 1

Fastzelda

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 05:31:13 AM »

Cookies are readily accepted Coffee

We took in an entire case of water last year and had no problems. I also brought in some snacks/drinks from the convenience store from time to time and it was never an issue.

I'm much more excited this go around, since we are incredibly much more prepared in every aspect. The first time was pretty much terrifying due to our lack of preparedness.
Chaotic Kitten
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 12:29:45 PM »

Holy crap that is a lot of money for having internet for 3 days.....just WOW Screamy

I plan on bringing food with us, the worst thing that happens is I get told not to do it again.

it's about time to start sending out invitations to the press if you guys haven't yet. there is a press list they sent out, if you didn't get it , I can PM it to you.

I feel nervous and excited, and very happy to know people who will be exhibiting too, it's really awesome and I can't wait to meet you all!

lolo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 06:06:17 AM »

it's about time to start sending out invitations to the press if you guys haven't yet. there is a press list they sent out, if you didn't get it , I can PM it to you.

I feel nervous and excited, and very happy to know people who will be exhibiting too, it's really awesome and I can't wait to meet you all!

Yes please Smiley

Oh yes that's some exciting time ahead Smiley Will you folks stay in Boston a couple more days before/after ?

McDROID he had a farm ee-eye, ee-eye-oh.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic