Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411515 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 06:35:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingYour First Giant
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Your First Giant  (Read 535 times)
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: February 14, 2013, 06:15:51 AM »

Lo! The windows link for my interactive story/game 'Your First Giant' (also available as part of the Future Voices app):

http://writer.inklestudios.com/stories/d5q2
(Warning: text!)

If anyone has any feedback then I would be very grateful. After my current project, I'm thinking of expanding this one into a full-blown game, including artwork and a 'functional' telescope and speaking horn. Could that be a thing? If it were a thing, would it work?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 06:27:41 AM by Panurge » Logged

Ant
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 06:28:08 AM »

The last thing you see in this world is the vast sole of his foot, already coated with the sticky remains of your former employees...

Sad

Is there anyway of playing it again? I tried refreshing the page but it kept throwing me back to the end. Anyway I'm rather fond of interactive fiction and this had a nice premise and was well written, albeit it's quite brief. My demise somewhat felt inevitable, are there multiple endings?
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 06:46:19 AM »

Thanks! Yes, there are (...counting haphazardly in head...) at least five or six different endings. Yours, I regret to inform you, was the worst!

I wrote it in a bit of a rush to meet the deadline for the Future Voices competition but if I return to it I'll certainly make the effects of the player's choices clearer. There's quite a lot going on 'under the hood' which isn't always obvious. Also, I agree that it's too brief as it stands. I was thinking of adding two or three 'levels' of successive giants.

I'm pretty sure that you can replay by scrolling back to the top of the page and clicking 'start again'. I should have mentioned that - it isn't immediately obvious.

Ant
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 06:54:12 AM »

Oh doh missed the restart button. It could be pretty interesting if you did make it more gamey like you said, allowing you to personally target the canon, archers, etc, in the form of mini-games. I kinda think adding more giants could dilute the feel of the scenario a bit. Something you might want to consider is making a bunch of entirely different scenarios instead and maybe link them to an over-arching story.
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 07:17:21 AM »

Good point. I think it does work quite well with just the single giant. The idea of discrete scenarios could be nice - I'm thinking in particular it would be cool to work in a bit of courtly intrigue.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic