Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 05:26:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesPetition to have more Indie games on Steam
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Petition to have more Indie games on Steam  (Read 15296 times)
Mathieu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2008, 07:21:46 AM »

From the large number of editors we contacted Steam is one of the few to have answer us.
Even better they actually took time to try our game! (I have logs in our licenses management tool)

It's hard for us to push our game on Steam but at least they're serious in this process (in our case).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 07:58:12 AM by Mathieu » Logged

Frogames.com - Games for Mac & PC | Frogames.net - 3d models & content packs for game developers
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2008, 08:13:16 AM »

From the large number of editors we contacted Steam is one of the few to have answer us.
Even better they actually took time to try our game! (I have logs in our licenses management tool)

It's hard for us to push our game on Steam but at least they're serious in this process (in our case).

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "editors"?

marshmonkey
Level 2

this is personal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2008, 09:47:03 AM »

I think it is a difficult position for them to be in right now. They are clearly still working out the way steamworks is going to work with developers - and I think right now they are picking and choosing a limited amount of developers so that they can still develop the system and get feedback and bugs, while not being completely overwhelmed.

My biggest hope is that once steamworks comes out of "Beta" that it will become much more open and more towards the apple app store model.

That being said, clearly indie games are going to be a big part of this platform - and I really think that they should have a dedicated indie evangelist working on the steam team.

Mathieu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2008, 01:32:41 AM »

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "editors"?
I mean "publishers" (retail and online).

Frogames.com - Games for Mac & PC | Frogames.net - 3d models & content packs for game developers
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic