Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411472 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 11:42:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallWin a cameo in the Ben There, Dan That! sequel!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Win a cameo in the Ben There, Dan That! sequel!  (Read 7529 times)
thezombiecow
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2008, 03:45:59 AM »

That's right-a-rama: there is going to be a sequel to Ben There, Dan That! after all, even though I totally can't afford it! It's going to be better and tighter, more gorgeous and more puzzley than ever before, obviously.

What's more, I'm giving away the opportunity to get your ugly mug in the game, playing the character of your dreams. Yes, you! In one of those 'Independent video games'. Imagine that.

All you have to do is come up with an interesting character that you’d play, someone fitting of the nonsense BTDT Universe.

Full details are here - if you're going to enter, please do leave your entry at the Zombie Cow comments section/ forums, and not here, in case I miss them. And so I can contact you easily.

So if you've ever wanted to be pixels, and forced to say wildly inappropriate things on people’s computer screens the world over, here’s your once-in-a-lifetime (unless you make indie games) chance.

diwil
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 03:51:05 AM »

I loved the first one. This is gonna be great... Beer!
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 07:58:44 AM »

I've never really understood these vanity marketing things -- Stephen King once did the same thing: "you can be a character in one of my novels!" and auctioned that opportunity off on eBay. Maybe I'm just not very vain, but the idea of putting myself into a game, even a game I make, is pretty unappealing and ridiculous.

It reminds me of fanfic writers who use themselves as characters in their own fanfics. The only time I've seen it done well is when it's a self-mockery, like James Paige's character James in The Wandering Hamster. But even then it feels cheesy.

But at least this is some effort into marketing, which I need to do more of for my games.

jostvise2d
Level 0

ю:

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 04:28:16 AM »

=)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic