Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 09:57:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesPlaystation 4
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Print
Author Topic: Playstation 4  (Read 18429 times)
poe
« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2013, 08:24:18 PM »

eva when you don't troll I agree with you always 100%. Otherwise I agree when you call things dum

PRAISE EVA
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 22, 2013, 08:33:42 PM »

GOD that comment thread has nuked

ClayB
« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2013, 08:44:10 PM »

I don't really give a shit about how realistic the face though.

I do, considering the amount of games trying to be realistic this generation and FAILING. People are gonna look back at the character models on the ps3 and roflcopter, maybe even lollerskate.

..but who cares what these companies are trying to do? Is is necessary? How much does 200,000,000 polygons add to the experience? If they can nail it, and make their characters NOT look like puppet corpses, then GREAT! Now go one further, and make that part of great gameplay... I hardly ever see that happening.

The graphics train won't stop, it's already gone achoo achoo with this gen of consoles, might as well go all out now. Of course, I would like to see clever gameplay more than anything, but no console untouched by shiggy's smiling gaze can promise that. Also, better graphics doesn't just affect psuedo-realistic military shooters, it affects all gams.

Imagine windwaker oil painted instead of cel-shaded (except without link because ps4). I'm pro-any technological advancement just shy of becoming cyborgs. 

EDIT: typed gams instead of games, feel like a real tigsauce

TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2013, 09:34:49 PM »

I don't really give a shit about how realistic the face though.

I do, considering the amount of games trying to be realistic this generation and FAILING. People are gonna look back at the character models on the ps3 and roflcopter, maybe even lollerskate.

..but who cares what these companies are trying to do? Is is necessary? How much does 200,000,000 polygons add to the experience? If they can nail it, and make their characters NOT look like puppet corpses, then GREAT! Now go one further, and make that part of great gameplay... I hardly ever see that happening.

The graphics train won't stop, it's already gone achoo achoo with this gen of consoles, might as well go all out now. Of course, I would like to see clever gameplay more than anything, but no console untouched by shiggy's smiling gaze can promise that. Also, better graphics doesn't just affect psuedo-realistic military shooters, it affects all gams.

Imagine windwaker oil painted instead of cel-shaded (except without link because ps4). I'm pro-any technological advancement just shy of becoming cyborgs.  

Video games are a product of modern consumer capitalism.

When you, the average person in modern society, have to spend 50 hours a week working and commuting to a job you probably don't like, so that you can afford to pay units of imaginary value in exchange for a place to live, food to eat, clothing to wear, and an assortment of other things you probably don't really need at all or as much of to survive, you come back to the place you call "home" and the inclination is to turn off the world and go somewhere else. You want the holodeck, but since we're not quite there yet, you'll take something at least approaching it.

Sony and Microsoft have clued into this market of people (if i had to guess, b/c they themselves are large soulless corporations filled with them) and are using their vast sums of cash to build consumer goods in order to cater to this perpetually underserved market in order to make more piles of cash, make their shareholders happy, and continue on in

[/rant]
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:38:13 PM by TomHunt » Logged

~tom | □³ | kRYSTLR
ClayB
« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2013, 09:47:54 PM »

Well no shit they're doing this to make money. Every corporation out there is looking to sell you something to better ignore the world and it's problems. What I fail to see is how catering to the impressive graphics crowd is more ignoble (by evil corporation standards) than catering to any other group for the end goal of ruling the world. They could be selling marxist literature, they'd still be gaming the capitalist system.

AshfordPride
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2013, 09:48:54 PM »

if sony intended to (hypothetically) exclude women from the conference, it's sexist by definition. you don't decide what is and isn't sexism just because you think it is or isn't a big deal to you.

Fine!  It's sexism!  It's is the TECHNICAL DICTIONARY DEFINITION OF SEXISM.  YOU ARE CORRECT IF WE EXAMINE IT FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE MOST BRUTAL SEMANTICS, which as anyone who has had an argument on Tigsource would know is the purest distilled form of being correct.  

But is THIS what feminism has become?  If a movement I found myself so involved in turned into this I would hang up my hat and call it quits.  Seriously!  Forgetting anything that feminism stands for for a moment (which is incredibly easy when you look at anyone relating to video games who seems to be trying to promote it) does any of this feel like it's on the path of progress?  Does barking at men to put out a very successful female really help anyone?  The men need to do the work of getting the women there, the women who have already succeeded needed to be put in a place of prominence.  THE WOMEN YOU ARE PUTTING OUT THERE IS DRENCHED IN PRIVILEGE.  DO YOU HOPE THAT HER PRIVILEGE MIGHT GAYLY DANCE ITSELF WITH THE PITTER PATTER OF PROGRESS TO SOME WOMAN WHO JUST NEEDS THAT LITTLE PUSH TO MAKE THE NEXT GREAT VIDEO GAME?

Oh my god, you POOR, POOR THING.  Imagine living in a world that doesn't afford you constant validation and where you aren't bombarded with images of success coming from people who are vaguely shaped like you.  And here comes you, with the NERVE to tell me that you need the smiling face of some goddess who has risen from all this adversity to prove to you that it's possible.  because god forbid YOU'RE the woman who manages to get up on that stage through merit, and work, and PASSION.  No, no!  It's so much easier to just be WOMAN #3 on the checklist needed to avoid an unpleasant blog post.

IRONY OF IRONY, SONY HAS BEEN LIVING OFF OF BAD PR FOR TEN YEARS AND IT REALLY HASN'T HURT THEM.  YOU DESERVE A FUCKING CHECK FOR ALL THE WORK YOU DO FOR THEM BY MAKING THEIR CAREFULLY CONSTRUCTED AND FOCUS TESTED MOLEHILLS INTO MOUNTAINS.

even if we stripped you of your identity (you identify as an 18-24 year old male.)

Yeah, I also hate women.  Because I said so in that cherry-picked post you have there.  Oh no, eva, please don't pull out the one where I take the time to explain how I think that legitimately identifying myself as a sexist is an idea that actively disgusts me.  Please, use the one where I'm being transparently sardonic.

shut the fuck up little baby.

Don't co-opt an insult I endearingly slander myself with whenever I'm being an idiot.  

how deluded do you have to be to think that this industry doesn't "EVER" cater to the male demographic

Nobody is in the Dead Island demographic.  At all.  Man, woman, even those outside the gender binary can all join hands in a wonderful chorus of celebrating how fucking trash this game was.  Seriously, THAT illustrates my point more than anything.  It's not that people like you with similar ideals are these evil forces of good that I'm constantly trying to suppress because I'm a Never-Ending Story villain, it's because these issues fall so far on the list of things that I have to say about how I feel about video games, and how everyone should feel about video games.  And yes, I can dictate that, because I'm one of the seven people alive who I feel are equipped to properly talk about video games without putting their foot in their mouths.  Dead Island was one of the worst video games from this generation I've ever played, hyped up by one of the most terrible (But hey, I do have that place in my heart for ads that work) sappy child worshiping tragedy trailer that had nothing to do with the game, mired with tons of problems at launch, AND THEN IT MYSTERIOUSLY GETS A SEQUEL?  

Holy shit, I am in traction over here that something so horrible could happen.  This is a ★☆☆☆☆ game that we have convinced ourselves is worthy of even a second chance.  It's like Dead Island went up to his parole board all smiles forgetting that he joined the Aryan Brotherhood and now has a swastika on his forehead.  Jesus, who greenlit the funds to be poured into another one of these zombie games?  

So what do we talk about here?  THE STATUE THAT COMES WITH THE $100 VERSION OF THE GAME.  Not only is the thing a box-chest 2/10 would not bang excuse for video game tat, but how oh how can you justify spending MORE money to play what is going to be another piece of shit game?  Who is going to take the gamble on preordering a hyper expensive version of terrible for the sake of having an ugly hunk of plastic on their shelves.  Whoever would display this in their room without having their irony reserves fucking MAXED OUT is so terrible beyond the scope of sexism.  Holy shit, forget gender for a second here, there is some cosmic level of horrible just crashing together.

This is what I dislike about the way feminism tackles things.  Is that all of a sudden something being sexist needs to sit proudly next to all these real issues.  Everyone is unanimously going to say how terrible this is, with the exception of the WORST TYPE OF PERSON.  But then the tactless and terrible need to sliiiiiide right on in and tell us that it's SEXIST!  And then, this horrible vacuum of discussion happens.  THE SAME DISCUSSION EVERY TIME, MIND YOU.  Where one side tells the other to shut up because they don't care, and the other side tells the other to shut up because they don't care enough.

oh wait you mean YOU specifically lololloll. no one's ever argued that. because that would be insane, you STUPID FUCK. YEAH THESE COMPANIES MUST BE TARGETING THE ENTIRE FEMALE DEMOGRAPHIC MORE THAN THIS ONE INDIVIDUAL WITH "TASTES." guess what, the female demographic is individualistic too!

I don't think it's anywhere near as stratified as male demos, when talking about video games.  That's not even a bad thing.  Most gamers wouldn't pass my test of being pieces of shit based on their tastes.  

YOURE AN INDIVIDUAL WITH OPINIONS AND PERSONALIZED TASTE BUT I MUST LOVE FACEBOOK STUFF BECAUSE I'M A WOMAN AND OF COLOR. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. MRM RETARD SUPREME

You can be left out of the cold too, you precious little snowflake.  Congratulations on being left by the wayside by video games.  JOIN THE CLUB, WE HAVE JACKETS.  I ain't tripping over myself to buy something at the promise of sports and tits either.  But that's what it's AIMED at.  Two E3's ago the Microsoft presentation was all about sports and sport and sports.  I'm not pitching a fit because someone out there is going to insinuate that this was done with the express purpose of roping in men.

B-but I'm a man and I don't like sports!  But I'm a woman and I like sports!  SHIT LIKE THIS EVA, THIS SHIT IS WHY YOUR KIND FEEL LIKE PARIAHS.  It's because everyone is getting a fucking raw deal, we just don't have this obnoxious banner to sit under and sing songs about how terrible everyone else is.  

I CARE ABOUT VIDEO GAMES, PERHAPS MORE THAN YOU, AND MY DUM FRIENDS CAN ATTEST TO THAT. AND SHOCKINGLY I'M NOT "PEOPLE LIKE YOU."

YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

NOBODY LOVES VIDEO GAMES MORE THAN ME.

So how about YOU shut the fuck up and quit crying, and leave MY hobby alone.

Eva, seriously, you can't put a capstone on your argument with 'shut the fuck up'.  If anything, that's just a really poor way to end things when you consider where you're coming from.  You yourself are very tired of being told to hush up, to sit down and go with the flow, so why is okay for you to tell people with dissenting opinions to shut their mouths?  And you using Men's Rights, without any irony, as an insult?  And with no repercussions from anyone but myself!   Jeez, Eva, you got me legitimately scared to post this stuff, do you realize that?  Every time I post I feel like CA Sinclair is reaching a little closer to his holster...  It must be so terrible to post nothing but poorly spelled garbage and win the entire forum over to your side.  Poor Eva, ever the victim!

So you know what, I'm not going to ask you to get out of my hobby.  Oh no!  I can do worse than that!  You get to stay!  You get to be tucked right into the roiling horde of idiots who are ruining things, in that comfy cozy little niche who just so happens to be every idiot who is making things worse.  You're not an outsider, you're another miserable reminder that THIS is what video games are now.  Just kick off your shoes and stay a while, because like everyone else I know you don't have any plans of getting out any time soon.
ClayB
« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2013, 09:50:01 PM »

dum
feminazi
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2013, 11:02:11 PM »

if sony intended to (hypothetically) exclude women from the conference, it's sexist by definition. you don't decide what is and isn't sexism just because you think it is or isn't a big deal to you.

Fine!  It's sexism!  It's is the TECHNICAL DICTIONARY DEFINITION OF SEXISM.  YOU ARE CORRECT IF WE EXAMINE IT FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE MOST BRUTAL SEMANTICS, which as anyone who has had an argument on Tigsource would know is the purest distilled form of being correct.  

then shut the fuck up. and quit padding your posts with bullshit, seriously.

But is THIS what feminism has become?
feminism is a broad movement and little things and big things are talked about all the fucking time. right now we're in a video game forum, guess what gets talked about.

Oh my god, you POOR, POOR THING.  Imagine living in a world that doesn't afford you constant validation and where you aren't bombarded with images of success coming from people who are vaguely shaped like you.  And here comes you, with the NERVE to tell me that you need the smiling face of some goddess who has risen from all this adversity to prove to you that it's possible.  because god forbid YOU'RE the woman who manages to get up on that stage through merit, and work, and PASSION.  No, no!  It's so much easier to just be WOMAN #3 on the checklist needed to avoid an unpleasant blog post.

holy fucking shit you're stupid. WAHHH IM A MENS RIGHTS ACTIVIST AND ANY WOMAN TALENT IN THE GAME INDUSTRY IS OBVIOUSLY JUST AFFIRMATIVE ACTION WAHHH.

even if we stripped you of your identity (you identify as an 18-24 year old male.)

Yeah, I also hate women.  Because I said so in that cherry-picked post you have there.  Oh no, eva, please don't pull out the one where I take the time to explain how I think that legitimately identifying myself as a sexist is an idea that actively disgusts me.  Please, use the one where I'm being transparently sardonic.
what are you even talking about.

shut the fuck up little baby.

Don't co-opt an insult I endearingly slander myself with whenever I'm being an idiot.
oh sorry little baby.

It's not that people like you with similar ideals are these evil forces of good that I'm constantly trying to suppress because I'm a Never-Ending Story villain, it's because these issues fall so far on the list of things that I have to say about how I feel about video games, and how everyone should feel about video games.

This is what I dislike about the way feminism tackles things.  Is that all of a sudden something being sexist needs to sit proudly next to all these real issues.  Everyone is unanimously going to say how terrible this is, with the exception of the WORST TYPE OF PERSON.  But then the tactless and terrible need to sliiiiiide right on in and tell us that it's SEXIST!  And then, this horrible vacuum of discussion happens.  THE SAME DISCUSSION EVERY TIME, MIND YOU.  Where one side tells the other to shut up because they don't care, and the other side tells the other to shut up because they don't care enough.

that's actually what you're trying to do, supress discussion. everytime sexism issues come up, that's what you and the Kotaku Commenters and the Mens Rights Activists do, supress discussion by closing your ears and shouting LALALLA I CANT HEAR YOU. quit pretending it's "SOME KIND OF ARBITRARY BRAND OF FEMINISM" that you hate, that's dishonest even for an MRM. as for the dead risingisland ramble, i didn't need you to remind me that an awful game is awful with your terrible writing you stupid fuck.

You can be left out of the cold too, you precious little snowflake.  Congratulations on being left by the wayside by video games.  JOIN THE CLUB, WE HAVE JACKETS.  I ain't tripping over myself to buy something at the promise of sports and tits either.  But that's what it's AIMED at.  Two E3's ago the Microsoft presentation was all about sports and sport and sports.  I'm not pitching a fit because someone out there is going to insinuate that this was done with the express purpose of roping in men.

B-but I'm a man and I don't like sports!  But I'm a woman and I like sports!  SHIT LIKE THIS EVA, THIS SHIT IS WHY YOUR KIND FEEL LIKE PARIAHS.  It's because everyone is getting a fucking raw deal, we just don't have this obnoxious banner to sit under and sing songs about how terrible everyone else is.  

I CARE ABOUT VIDEO GAMES, PERHAPS MORE THAN YOU, AND MY DUM FRIENDS CAN ATTEST TO THAT. AND SHOCKINGLY I'M NOT "PEOPLE LIKE YOU."

YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

NOBODY LOVES VIDEO GAMES MORE THAN ME.

So how about YOU shut the fuck up and quit crying, and leave MY hobby alone.

Eva, seriously, you can't put a capstone on your argument with 'shut the fuck up'.  If anything, that's just a really poor way to end things when you consider where you're coming from.  You yourself are very tired of being told to hush up, to sit down and go with the flow, so why is okay for you to tell people with dissenting opinions to shut their mouths?

i was literally referencing every crybaby thing you said in the #1reasonwhy thread, but looks like you don't get how stupid you are when you write that many terrible posts. go check out that thread again!

And you using Men's Rights, without any irony, as an insult?

yes, and you wonder why.

And with no repercussions from anyone but myself!   Jeez, Eva, you got me legitimately scared to post this stuff, do you realize that?  Every time I post I feel like CA Sinclair is reaching a little closer to his holster...

yeah, you're scared because you're wrong. poor samtagonist the victim!!
It must be so terrible to post nothing but poorly spelled garbage and win the entire forum over to your side.  Poor Eva, ever the victim!

actually, plenty of people on the forum don't agree with me because of my poorly spelled garbage. and there's even a guy here who accuse me of gender-based attention seeking. but this coming from you makes me laugh. i'm that confident, that i can literally type a post with one 3 letter word and it'll be better written than your stinky posts.

So you know what, I'm not going to ask you to get out of my hobby.  Oh no!  I can do worse than that!  You get to stay!  You get to be tucked right into the roiling horde of idiots who are ruining things, in that comfy cozy little niche who just so happens to be every idiot who is making things worse.  You're not an outsider, you're another miserable reminder that THIS is what video games are now.  Just kick off your shoes and stay a while, because like everyone else I know you don't have any plans of getting out any time soon.
no one knows what that means.
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2013, 11:02:54 PM »

holy fucking wall of text
feminazi
« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2013, 11:08:10 PM »

thats what 8GB GDDR5 looks like
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2013, 11:21:55 PM »

wow it's like 30x hiroshima just there

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2013, 11:38:14 PM »

Look legit because, small environment and totally on target with the tech, fluid dynamics expected to be the next bloom

Holy mother shitload of awesomeness...

that looks awesome

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2013, 11:45:05 PM »

does look cool. I get the feeling capcom is trying to cash in on the Dark Souls popularity with that game.

HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2013, 11:49:25 PM »

deep down more like dragon's dump 2

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
feminazi
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2013, 11:50:44 PM »

i hope it's closer to dogma than dark solez. it looks pretty either way
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2013, 12:14:46 AM »

Every time I post I feel like CA Sinclair is reaching a little closer to his holster...
Not really, it's just that I wonder what you're even arguing about at this point. I mean idk dude, someone posts that there weren't any women at the press event and you respond with a huge wall of strawman MRA bullshit. I  already said this but the person who has talked about "feminism" the most in this thread is you.

Shrug
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2013, 12:36:00 AM »

i hope it's closer to dogma than dark solez. it looks pretty either way
me2, dogma had good ideas

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2013, 01:16:14 AM »

Dragons's soul or dark dogma

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2013, 01:44:30 AM »

In an unexpected move, French developer Quantic Dream has entered a partnership with Nintendo to create a new Sonic the Hedgehog social game exclusively for Nintendo's WiiU console. "We are using the most advanced motion capture technology available at the moment," says lead designer David Cage, "this project will revolutionize social gaming as well as the Sonic the Hedgehog." Award-winning Hollywood actor Tom Hanks has been rumored to play the titular blue critter while Bill Murray will purportedly take on the role of his rival Shadow.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2013, 01:47:04 AM »

never cross the stream, the download stream

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic