Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 12:07:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesPlaystation 4
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Playstation 4  (Read 18893 times)
feminazi
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2013, 01:36:21 PM »

I don't see the problem with not having any women on stage, people are overreacting IMO.

I don't think Sony even thought about that, they just called some developers to talk about the stuff they were doing with the PS4, and by coincidence, none of them were women, simple like that.

There's no misogyny or sexism going on. Sadly, there's just more man than women in the industry.

the only overreaction is dudes getting mad about when it's pointed out: see you and kotaku comments.
--
and men should be conscious of it. (call this demanding or feminazism or wahetever, fuck off) i and many others notice it all the time, when video game vidoc trailers show only men or when male speakers constantly say he or his or him or whatever referring to the player. guess what, it is sexist(boo-hoo cry me a cisprivlgedge samtagonist) regardless of intention. idk how men (see wat im doing there) just completely forget and we constantly have to forgive them because we have to believe that they're seriously that stupid. i guess they are that stupid though, that's why you get those idiotic comments from the boys at gearbox and epic.
poe
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2013, 01:47:39 PM »

If the next Sony conference has women, I might feel more insulted because I know exactly why Sony even asked them up on stage.   

A strange game.

The only winning move is not to play. 
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/df-hardware-spec-analysis-playstation-4_6

for the tech addict

feminazi
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2013, 02:02:07 PM »

http://kazhiraiceo.tumblr.com/
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2013, 02:21:14 PM »

Oh dear lord http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2013/02/21/why-david-cage-will-help-sony-sell-playstation-4-hardware-and-create-the-citizen-kane-of-gaming/  Facepalm

feminazi
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2013, 02:22:36 PM »

im glad david cage wants to push the medium and not make a match 3
AshfordPride
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2013, 02:38:53 PM »

So we can look at this two ways.  Either the choice to have all men presenting was a conscious one on Sony's part, or it wasn't.  I think this is important to know before we attack this issue.  I'd like to err on the side of happenstance, that all this was the fault of someone just making calls and getting people who were available and things just sort of fell where they did.  In the case that we didn't, then this is all targeted and intended.  It's done because these billion-dollar companies hire hundreds of people to wind folks into tight bundles of demos and find out what they need to show them to make them fork over a few hundred dollars on a luxury item.  It's sales, not sexism.

Do you think I'm happy?  Let's strip me of my orientation, skin color, and gender for a second here (All of which I've never confirmed~) and just boil me down to my tastes as a gamer.  Do you REALLY think I'm happy, the fat baby of a gamer who is the hardest of cores, is happy that there is a SHARE button on a major consoles controller?  That the biggest development of Sony's leap to nextgen seems to be reverse engineering a shittier version of Steam's UI?  Am I just over the moon that social gaming seems to be the thing that's going to move this console?  No!  No I am not!  Eva, how deluded do you have to be to think that this industry EVER caters to ME in ways that matter.  I am so far flung from what these companies want that I think I may be less desirable than any brand of female demographic.  Do you think any game company wants the 'over educated about our products, incredibly finicky, and willing to wait until a game is on sale months after our games are released demographic'?  Gosh, you know what sort of people all this stuff that the PS4 has seems to be aimed at?  WOMEN.  It's all for you guys!  All this social stuff is going out to you!  The straight white male gamer doesn't give a shit about Facebook stuff.  It's all going out to the coveted pansexual woman of color demographic.  So don't tell me that because there aren't any women up there that you are being left out in the cold.  These presentations are a fucking funeral procession to people like me, and then, poor you, you have to deal with the fact that nobody up there looks like you.  Here's a red hot tip, I don't identify with a forty-something Japanese millionaire who wants me to share the fact that I'm stuck on a level of Killzone 4 anymore than you do.  

I'M THE REAL VICTIM HERE, AND I SHOULD BE PITCHING THE BIGGEST FIT.  (Also, if this was feminist bingo, being told by the people you're criticizing that they're the actual victims would be the free space.  Seriously eva, if we ever do play feminist bingo you're just going to be running up to the front of the auditorium every time to claim your iTunes giftcard.  You're going to make a lot of seniors mad here, lots of grumblings through false teeth that the whole thing is rigged.  I forgot the point I was making?) But I won't, because I'm totally cool with the realities of a billion dollar industry going after the greatest common denominator.  With a shrug and a sigh, I will happily gobble up the scraps I get and turn my eyes backwards to times where things were better for my kind.  We are a proud people, eva.  A noble people.  We use every part of the video game.

//// WARNING ////
THREAD RUINED EVERYONE OUT
//// WARNING ////
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2013, 02:41:42 PM »

On the openness of the ps4

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/187093/Qamp_A_What_does_Sonys_most_open_console_promise_mean.php

Let me ask another way, then. I understand that the PS4 is accessible from a development standpoint -- once you are a licensed PlayStation developer. What I'm wondering is if Sony is lifting any restrictions, perhaps? Or making it easier for a smaller developer to get onto the PlayStation 4 than it was for the PlayStation 3?

Yeah, that we really want to do. We believe in smaller developers. They are very creative and they go out of the norm to do something really amazing. So we really want to make it easier for them to come to our platform and publish. And we know there are many things we can do, in talking with these guys and asking what they want us to do.

And one effort we've been doing in that context is the PS Mobile platform. That doesn't even require the purchase of a dev kit. It's totally software driven, and they can develop games… on PC, for example. And once you decide to publish it, you want to test it on the final hardware, but you don't have to acquire a pricey dev kit.

The approach to PS4 we're internally working on is, I hope to see somewhere in-between the current model that we have on PS3 and the PS Mobile totally software-driven model. We could continue and go and expand the PS Mobile approach, but the beauty of developing games on console is we allow the developers to go really deep into the hardware, and to unlock the potential. And so in order for us to do that, the developer has to have the dev kit to work on. So at least initially, we have to provide the dev kit to make games on PS4.

I just want to make sure I understand what you said, you said your vision for you want to go with that program is somewhere between PS Mobile's open accessibility and the PS3's closed gates, somewhere in-between?

Yeah, that's our direction.

Does the PS4's PC-like architecture mean that dev kits might be easier to manufacture, and might be less expensive this time around? Could they be going out to more developers than in the past?

We usually don't talk about the pricing of the dev kit. But yeah, I'd say it can be cheaper. But I don't know if it's cheap enough for those indie guys. Because it's not just the cost of hardware, it's also the SDKs and tool chains and dev support and all those costs.

So I guess what I'm hearing is that you recognize that you need these smaller guys to be on PlayStation, and you're trying to sort out still how to get these tools in their hands?

I'm saying we want them to be on our platform. You said we need, but it's more like we want.

One big feature being pushed at last night's presentation is a more organic means of content discoverability for users, relying more on their histories and their friends than on what Sony chooses to promote. Does this open the door to distributing more games than you have in the past, now that a lot of that virtual shelf space has been freed up?

Absolutely, yes. We love having lots of different kinds of content. It's hard to find the right content for particular users, so we want to make a service so that we know their preference and we'll be able to prioritize what we push forward to particular customers when they open the software. So we are trying to serve as much information that we think they like onto the system menu.

Sure, but because that discoverability is more natural now, does that mean that Sony might be more open to distributing some games that they wouldn't have before? Maybe titles that are more obscure or niche or weird can be on PlayStation, now that Sony doesn't have to worry about how to display and curate them?

As far as the self-publishing is concerned, I think we already have a pretty open stance to get many different kinds of content…

Through PS Mobile or in general?

I think it's just another degree. I don't understand what level of "weirdness" you're talking about. But in a general sense, the answer is yes, we'd like to make it so that lots of different kinds of content are published on the system and still be able to reach the right kind of audience for that particular content, even if that content is pretty niche.

These last two console launches have been performing below expectations, Sony has come out and said that the Vita is selling below expectations, and the Wii U's January performance [in the U.S.] was a record low for any currently available systems…

…did we say that?

Yes, actually. I don't have the exact quote, but it was insinuated along with the price cut in Japan that the Vita was underperforming.

No no no, he didn't say it- [Yes, he did. - Ed.]

Look like the so called open platform not so open at all

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2013, 02:45:13 PM »

@samtagonist
Failed, they are chasing the bungie and cod bro who spend time on ustream and youtube shitkill apology

feminazi
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2013, 02:49:01 PM »

So we can look at this two ways.  Either the choice to have all men presenting was a conscious one on Sony's part, or it wasn't.  I think this is important to know before we attack this issue.  I'd like to err on the side of happenstance, that all this was the fault of someone just making calls and getting people who were available and things just sort of fell where they did.  In the case that we didn't, then this is all targeted and intended.  It's done because these billion-dollar companies hire hundreds of people to wind folks into tight bundles of demos and find out what they need to show them to make them fork over a few hundred dollars on a luxury item.  It's sales, not sexism.

Do you think I'm happy?  Let's strip me of my orientation, skin color, and gender for a second here (All of which I've never confirmed~) and just boil me down to my tastes as a gamer.  Do you REALLY think I'm happy, the fat baby of a gamer who is the hardest of cores, is happy that there is a SHARE button on a major consoles controller?  That the biggest development of Sony's leap to nextgen seems to be reverse engineering a shittier version of Steam's UI?  Am I just over the moon that social gaming seems to be the thing that's going to move this console?  No!  No I am not!  Eva, how deluded do you have to be to think that this industry EVER caters to ME in ways that matter.  I am so far flung from what these companies want that I think I may be less desirable than any brand of female demographic.  Do you think any game company wants the 'over educated about our products, incredibly finicky, and willing to wait until a game is on sale months after our games are released demographic'?  Gosh, you know what sort of people all this stuff that the PS4 has seems to be aimed at?  WOMEN.  It's all for you guys!  All this social stuff is going out to you!  The straight white male gamer doesn't give a shit about Facebook stuff.  It's all going out to the coveted pansexual woman of color demographic.  So don't tell me that because there aren't any women up there that you are being left out in the cold.  These presentations are a fucking funeral procession to people like me, and then, poor you, you have to deal with the fact that nobody up there looks like you.  Here's a red hot tip, I don't identify with a forty-something Japanese millionaire who wants me to share the fact that I'm stuck on a level of Killzone 4 anymore than you do.  

I'M THE REAL VICTIM HERE, AND I SHOULD BE PITCHING THE BIGGEST FIT.  (Also, if this was feminist bingo, being told by the people you're criticizing that they're the actual victims would be the free space.  Seriously eva, if we ever do play feminist bingo you're just going to be running up to the front of the auditorium every time to claim your iTunes giftcard.  You're going to make a lot of seniors mad here, lots of grumblings through false teeth that the whole thing is rigged.  I forgot the point I was making?) But I won't, because I'm totally cool with the realities of a billion dollar industry going after the greatest common denominator.  With a shrug and a sigh, I will happily gobble up the scraps I get and turn my eyes backwards to times where things were better for my kind.  We are a proud people, eva.  A noble people.  We use every part of the video game.

//// WARNING ////
//// WARNING ////

LOLOLOLOLLOLOOLLOPLP;OOLOLLOLOOLOLLOLOOLLOPLOOLOLOLLOLLOLKLOKOLOL
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2013, 02:49:16 PM »

btw fuck social media integration regardless of who theyre targeting. i dont appreciate this trend towards colonizing entertainment experiences with corporate bs. i just want to play gams w/o having to look at the facebook logo every 5 minutes thankyouverymuch.

MEANWHILE ON TIGSOURCE
I'M THE REAL VICTIM HERE, AND I SHOULD BE PITCHING THE BIGGEST FIT.  (Also, if this was feminist bingo, being told by the people you're criticizing that they're the actual victims would be the free space.  Seriously eva, if we ever do play feminist bingo you're just going to be running up to the front of the auditorium every time to claim your iTunes giftcard.  You're going to make a lot of seniors mad here, lots of grumblings through false teeth that the whole thing is rigged.  I forgot the point I was making?) But I won't, because I'm totally cool with the realities of a billion dollar industry going after the greatest common denominator.  With a shrug and a sigh, I will happily gobble up the scraps I get and turn my eyes backwards to times where things were better for my kind.  We are a proud people, eva.  A noble people.  We use every part of the video game.

www . the - spearhead . com

fucking feminazis trying to ruin mah vidcons
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:58:45 PM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2013, 02:57:40 PM »

without a true vision behind it, at least nintendo came with genuine way they think would make game better, and some of their production are alien regarding time they were created (animal crossing, wario ware or tomodatchi collection), even if we don't always agree with their direction (wii fit, wii sport or wii music, at least most people except me).

Sony? slap the latest trend and call it a day

Too bad nintendo run out of idea, hardcore with gamecube (with only redeeming galaxy somewaht) and casual after the first batch of wii/ds like nintendogs and kawashima. I'm not sure what they would do now, there is nothing exciting for anyone nor creative from nin.

Uykered
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2013, 03:16:52 PM »

Wait for E3 if you want girls.

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2013, 03:30:31 PM »

That's just the rest of the Wolfire team, didn't you know?

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
feminazi
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2013, 03:33:50 PM »

//// WARNING ////
//// WARNING ////

cos it got paged, lol again
feminazi
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »

notice the kotaku writer wasnt even mad lol. just the commenters and people like samtagonist. theyre threatened that people notice things lololollollololo
feminazi
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2013, 03:36:27 PM »

http://pastebin.com/yCjnSUaB this is wat babbys sound liek
feminazi
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2013, 03:40:14 PM »

guess what samtagonist i m a gamer. you can quit taking all da gamerz ritez for urself lololll
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2013, 03:43:27 PM »

one of the big arguments for those defending sony on the no girls thing is that maybe there are no girls because they didn't want someone who doesn't know what they are talking about -- but, doesn't this miss something? remember when the bungee team came up on stage. 4 guys went there, and 3 of them didn't talk at all. 3 guys just stood there on stage. couldn't one of those guys have been female? she wouldn't even need to talk, just stand there. there are plenty of females working at bungee who they could have had stand on the stage with those 4 guys (they wouldn't even need to have replaced one of them, just add a girl to stand there next to those four to not make it seem so weird)

also, samtagonist, i don't think anyone is saying it was a conscious decision on sony's part, not even the most rabid feminist is saying that. just that when they were sitting there planning the event, looking at the list of all the speakers, nobody in their PR department noticed that all the names were male and that this might be a problem. so it wasn't intentional, it was just weird. similarly, the 'girlfriend mode' slip of the tongue was exactly that, a slip of the tongue, he wasn't intentionally being sexist and even apologized for it later. it was more that he didn't anticipate how females would react to that language that was the strange thing. so i don't think that most videogame companies are like, actively sexist, i think they're just out of touch with the female market, since they keep doing stuff without thinking of how it'd offend 40% of their customers (40% of everyone who buys videogames is female)

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2013, 03:47:51 PM »

Also, if this was feminist bingo, being told by the people you're criticizing that they're the actual victims would be the free space.

isn't this literally what you're doing right now

i think that post is pretty much the definition of cognitive dissonance

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic