Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:25:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKingdoms Rise
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: Kingdoms Rise  (Read 61367 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2013, 04:43:49 AM »

Awesome as always Smiley
Any ETA on when we'll be able to play this in some way?
Well we are starting work on our first kind of "trailer" thing i guess,
the video is mainly meant to draw some attention to our greenlight page (which will be made at the same time as the video)

After that rubish we'll be working purely on getting the game ready for other normal people to enjoy and when we're happy that it's a robust enough build, we'll pre-sell access to it

Hoping all that will take less than 2 months,
Ideally I would like video+greenlight page made in the next few weeks

Then a playable alpha ready for pre-sales a few weeks after that

But yeah, we've never made a cinematic video before, so I have no idea how long all the choreography, fraps'ing editing, etc. will take :S
TLDR: As soon as it's possible, which we can't really predict when, sorry  Concerned

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2013, 05:11:08 AM »

Hoping to see this in a few months time then Smiley
How much do you plan to pre-sell the game at?

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2013, 12:35:38 AM »

Hoping to see this in a few months time then Smiley
How much do you plan to pre-sell the game at?

Have't really decided yet, but I'm thinking people people get it really early on it will be around 10$, then buying it later will make it more and more expensive up to it's full price of 20-30 ish

In other news, today I finished the statue, made some sounds and also a skull, I'm trying out this HTML5 embadable model viewer, check it out

elf_statue.FBX (click to view in 3D)

skull.FBX (click to view in 3D)

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2013, 03:10:04 AM »

Looks good!

A few things on the statue:

1. Her veins are enormous. Like, sickly enormous. But she doesn't look sick.
2. Her boob holder looks silly. A little too flat. Maybe curve it more, or even better, give her real clothing.

My two words are done, I'm leaving.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Atrus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2013, 04:16:00 AM »

I think those are cracks not veins. Dunno  Shrug

But her left hand look weird as hell. Index finger should not bend that far back. And her wrist is thin as well. Dunno again  Shrug x2.

Also a question: Is trailer going to be like cutscene or are you going to show off gameplay more?
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2013, 04:59:00 AM »

I think those are cracks not veins. Dunno  Shrug

But her left hand look weird as hell. Index finger should not bend that far back. And her wrist is thin as well. Dunno again  Shrug x2.

Also a question: Is trailer going to be like cutscene or are you going to show off gameplay more?

Yeah, those lines are meant to be cracks in the rock, it doesn't look great on sketchlab since it's so blurry/compressed

The finger and stuff i might fix later, but ultimately this is an relatively insignificant asset, just meant to liven up an environment a bit, it doesn't deserve the time and effort that I would give to a player or sword etc. So I try not to get caught up on details like this, or I wouldn't be able to develop as fast as I do.

As for the trailer, It's all going to be in engine and mostly use existing anims, so it's kind of going to be like machinima

but it won't actually be about the gameplay, I'm thinking that could be a problem tho, so I may make either a separate "gameplay only" trailer or tag some in game footage onto the end of the "cinematic" vid

Netsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2013, 05:26:07 AM »

As for the trailer, It's all going to be in engine and mostly use existing anims, so it's kind of going to be like machinima

but it won't actually be about the gameplay, I'm thinking that could be a problem tho, so I may make either a separate "gameplay only" trailer or tag some in game footage onto the end of the "cinematic" vid

I'd definitely mix some gameplay into it. Either add some in-game footage at the end or break up the narration with in-game fighting flashbacks or something, depending on what the cinematic is going to be about.

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2013, 07:20:06 AM »

This is looking quite nice so far.

About the name, though: why Kingdoms Rise? (Other than the fact that everyone is just arbitrarily sticking "Rise" and "Rises" on the end of their franchise names lately.) "Kingdoms Rise" sounds to me like a plot-driven, single player aRPG rather than a multiplayer fighter. I'd pick Kingdoms Clash, or Kingdoms Battle, or Kingdoms Brawl, or Kingdoms Duel, or...well, pretty much anything indicating that this is a fighting game.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2013, 03:36:39 PM »

This is looking quite nice so far.

About the name, though: why Kingdoms Rise? (Other than the fact that everyone is just arbitrarily sticking "Rise" and "Rises" on the end of their franchise names lately.) "Kingdoms Rise" sounds to me like a plot-driven, single player aRPG rather than a multiplayer fighter. I'd pick Kingdoms Clash, or Kingdoms Battle, or Kingdoms Brawl, or Kingdoms Duel, or...well, pretty much anything indicating that this is a fighting game.

Well this game is based on our old half-life 2 mod called 'Kingdoms Collide' so all those other names like 'Clash' and stuff sounded a bit too similar

Also we are wanting the game to feel deeper than a fighting game, our fantasy universe has a fair bit of lore/plot behind it and we wanted KR to introduce some of it through the tutorial or any other single-player parts the game may feature.

Honestly I'd never really thought about people needing the name to indicate the game is about combat since 95% of games seem to be about combat of some form.
Not many game's I can think of have names that are informative at all, they are generally kinda arbitrary
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:42:10 PM by Jackson31 » Logged

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2013, 05:23:31 PM »

new logo work again!

Venks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2013, 05:57:52 PM »

I'm liking the logo. I think it does a great job of quickly portraying that fantasy feel.
Uykered
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2013, 07:30:36 PM »

Nice! Looking a lot better.
Conker534
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2013, 10:55:46 PM »

Gotta say this is sexy, I don't know how I haven't seen it yet, but I want it.
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2013, 11:30:21 PM »

I like this. And I also like you for making this.

Also, it was a bit ago, but those leaves in the forest area looked enormous.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2013, 06:03:38 AM »

Thanks for the nice words guys!
This week we got around to trying out throwing axes, edge climbing and weapon holstering, see?

Netsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2013, 12:54:47 AM »

Great animations and particle effects on the axe explosion, but maybe it would look better if it rotated faster in the air, would feel more... forceful and dangerous.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2013, 03:58:01 AM »

Yeah, now that I look at it, it could spin harder.

Ugh... I hate making video, I just can't keep shaking the feeling that I could be making new levels or characters but instead I'm stuck just recording the same stuff which already exists

If I ever earn enough money from games to hire someone, it will be a full time video making person

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2013, 06:16:18 AM »

since the game is called KINGdoms blah it's about time I modeled a crown -

matriax
« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2013, 11:42:50 PM »

since the game is called KINGdoms blah it's about time I modeled a crown -

Is simply great, AAA quality! and only by 2 persons Shocked , in some screens rememberme the iOS game called Infinity Blade, congratulations!
Netsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: June 01, 2013, 03:37:27 AM »

The lighting is simply amazing, what is this being made in? Not sure if the question been already answered.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic