Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:40:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKingdoms Rise
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
Print
Author Topic: Kingdoms Rise  (Read 61401 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: November 18, 2013, 01:01:56 AM »

I'm going to have a heart attack,
Launch day is so intense

zoix
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: November 18, 2013, 01:19:31 AM »

Hehe don't forget to take breaks and get some fresh air :p
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 18, 2013, 02:13:53 AM »

14 hours! :O:O
Uykered
« Reply #303 on: November 18, 2013, 03:44:53 AM »

Some main menu and Loadout UI feedback:

- Some of the Buttons and Text are too hard to see because of the background (e.g., quickjoin, arrows),

- Perhaps the buttons could flicker size or some other effect when you press them so it feels more responsive.

- UI bar sliders are too narrow OR let us click on the bar and snap the slider to the mouseX position.

- BUG: Sliding the slider bar left/right would rotate the camera at the same time, making it hard to notice changes.

- The lighting is too contrasted in the loadout, I think it needs to be less harsh or for there to be more light sources. It's too hard to see items and colours, I can only really discern the shape of things from the silhouette.

- Some of the sliders feel like they do nothing. Do the eyes/face/skin/gender buttons not work? It feels broken and weird to have some things that function and some things that don't, when they all look like they should be working.

- At first glance the menu "tabs" weren't obvious, it took experimentation and experience with the Dota layout to work out that the words along the top were actually tabs/pages. Initially I thought I'd have to click on the cross in the top right to close the menu I was in to return to the main menu.

Generally it's okay how it is, I just wanted to let you know what thoughts some people will be thinking and feeling as they first play it.
Xoleuph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 18, 2013, 06:19:11 AM »

about 581 minutes to go...
must... resist... urge... to hit refresh on the steam page again
 Hand Money Left Grin Hand Money Right
dammit, take my money already!
Xoleuph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 18, 2013, 01:41:03 PM »

WOOT! the game is out!
now I just have to wait till I can get the purchasing lock removed from my account (sigh, no idea why) so I can finally get it.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: November 18, 2013, 05:36:34 PM »

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 18, 2013, 06:02:10 PM »

Hisai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 18, 2013, 09:20:58 PM »

been playing a few matches and I've gotta say it has a LOT of potential. Great stuff Jackson Grin. have you decided on the best place to report issues yet? getting a bit confused with all the forums :-S
Uykered
« Reply #309 on: November 18, 2013, 10:07:07 PM »

Congrats on the release Smiley It's really cool with lots of people, seeing a lot of people with 250+ ping though, hehe
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:52:30 PM by alastair » Logged
Xoleuph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 21, 2013, 11:19:10 AM »

first of all, I FINALLY have KR! :D
now a few things considering the game, I managed to get it to run at an astounding 2FPS on my laptop. now, I know this is due to my laptop being crappy and blah blah, but when I looked into the options, I noticed something that in my eyes should be "fixed". there are almost no options to decrease the the game quality to increase FPS.
I would add options to decrease unnecessary particle effects, turn off bloom, turn off antialising, use low-res textures and possibly even low-poly models.
you could also add even more graphical options, I just gave anything that came to mind.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: November 22, 2013, 04:25:05 PM »

Yeah, we're working on graphics options, all those things can be changed by editing some of the game's config files right now, i'll try to link you to a page which tells you how.

Xoleuph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 23, 2013, 02:21:00 AM »

Yeah, we're working on graphics options, all those things can be changed by editing some of the game's config files right now, i'll try to link you to a page which tells you how.
great, though I did manage to run the game smoothly on my other computer, well, at least after I put the resolution to minimum.
anyways, after toying around a bit, I noticed something, you mentioned that before you had to click then swing, not swing then click to attack. honesty, I dont know if that is better or worse, but why not add it as an option? the worst that could happen is that people dont use it.
also,
Some main menu and Loadout UI feedback:

- Some of the Buttons and Text are too hard to see because of the background (e.g., quickjoin, arrows),

- Perhaps the buttons could flicker size or some other effect when you press them so it feels more responsive.

- BUG: Sliding the slider bar left/right would rotate the camera at the same time, making it hard to notice changes.

- The lighting is too contrasted in the loadout, I think it needs to be less harsh or for there to be more light sources. It's too hard to see items and colours, I can only really discern the shape of things from the silhouette.
I completely agree with the quoted points, the UI could use some revision

PS: found it, C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\KingdomsRise\Engine\Config
thats where most things can be changed, still figuring out what does what, but its already something
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 02:29:34 AM by Xoleuph » Logged
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 04, 2013, 03:12:03 PM »

Oh, it's released? Congrats, man; it's been looking really cool!
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: December 12, 2013, 06:21:32 AM »

Pretty meaty update going live in a few moments;
Patch will include:
-Controller Support (in game only)
-Throwing Knifes
-Passive Regeneration
-Life-steal Sword
-Re-skinned Menus
-Control Binding Options
-Graphical Settings (working now)
-FoV and Mouse Sensitivity option sliders
-Look Inversion
-Many bugs and leaks fixed
-Sword swings no longer interrupt movement when missed
-Team damage penalties
-Spell casting is now interrupt-able by damage (including bows, knifes, axes, etc.)
-Many other small things not worth remembering (apparently)

migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: December 12, 2013, 08:25:28 AM »

Congrats on the release. Best of luck. Only now found this and it looks really good.

On STEAM ยป
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: February 03, 2014, 01:59:31 AM »

Been a while since I posted anything here, but better late than never;

Here's some new mapping assets I've been working on,
They are still W.I.P

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: February 03, 2014, 05:11:55 PM »

mosssssss

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 03, 2014, 05:24:19 PM »

mosssssss

nicccccccce
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: February 03, 2014, 05:32:31 PM »

saturation to the max

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic