Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:09:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsZombieRun - Retro local multiplayer platformer [Android Released!]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: ZombieRun - Retro local multiplayer platformer [Android Released!]  (Read 8859 times)
indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 10:46:26 AM »

Started working on the Battle mode. Battle mode is the classic deathmatch where players blast at each with all they've got.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 05:27:44 AM »

Invisibility

Oh noes so many zombies and there's only one of you. How can you get past all the baddies if blasting away is not an option. Let's meet Invisibility. Make yourself invisible and move safely among zombies without anyone bothering you.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:00:33 PM by indrekv » Logged

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 01:01:46 PM »

Freeze

So the gang of dead is closing in and your back is almost against the wall. What could stop them from getting you. Meet the freezer. You can freeze the herd of zombies and walk over the without getting a scratch.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 05:00:49 AM »

It's been a long time since my last update. So what's been going on? Actually quite much. Most of the time coding silently in a dark room with only the light of the screen showing me the way.

I think I already mentioned that ZombieRun took part in this year's IGF and it's no news that ZombieRun didn't finish among the first. Today I got a great feedback email from the chairman of IGF it had all the feedback writings of the judges in it. There was such a great feedback about what is good, what is great and what should be rethought. This gave me a good motivation boost.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 05:04:25 AM »

Some new screenshots.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:02:30 AM by indrekv » Logged

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2014, 04:56:45 AM »

Did some hard core coding yesterday evening. Fixed some bugs and created a new trailer for the game. All this for this years Indiecade. ZombieRun has been submitted.

ZombieRun IndieCade Trailer

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2014, 10:36:44 PM »

On Saturday I went to IndieFest in Tartu. Put up my game for others to play. Though there weren't that much people trying their hand at ZombieRun I still got some solid feedback and found some bugs. It's strange how only when someone else is playing your game you see the bugs. Anyhow the event was good. I met some cool Estonian Indie devs like The maker of OfficeManagement101 and Unrest and had a good time.

In the development frontier, for last few days I've been tackling the issue of creating a osx disk image from my game. After some action and looking around and trying things I managed to make it work. The next step will be getting a .DEB package together for all the linux gamers.

Have a nice day!

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 11:14:04 AM »

A few months ago I got an email notifying me about the Intel's Level Up game competition. At first I just looked into it a little and didn't make plans to enter. About a week ago when I once again stumbled upon this competition I decided to go for it. So I started testing my game. During Indie game fest in Tartu I discovered some interesting bugs. I had forgotten to fully implement the highscore and savegame system. Savegames were deleted when exiting the game and scores were cleared at game start. After fixing these issue I was face with another challenge.

Since the game competition required a downloadable demo to enter I needed to come up with one. I'm not sure how other developers handle the situation where you want to create a demo version of the full game. At first I tried creating demo in a separate branch and merge some commits to the demo branch. This became very complicated very fast. So I decided to create a demofy script. The script removes certain lines from the codes. The lines are marked with special tags. Also the demofy script removes all unused image and sound files.

Having got this demos stuff covered I had to look into creating an executable for windows. This is where launch4j [http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/] comes to help. Launch4j is quite straight forward. I created the configure file in the GUI and afterwards used this created xml file from command line.

When all these things were covered I did some final test games and off to the Intel's Level Up 2014 contest [http://intel.ly/O2Jo8P].
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:30:49 AM by indrekv » Logged

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2014, 04:42:01 AM »

Decided to work on the mobile version menus today.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2014, 02:25:17 AM »

This week I got excited about making ZombieRun work on mobile. I started off with creating a totally new menu system for mobile and continued to check out the Virtual gamepad implementation. After some coding and experimenting I finally got ZombieRun running on Android. Did a first test run on Samsung S3 mini and got 55 fps. Not a bad start if I might say so.

Next week I'm probably going to continue with the mobile development.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2014, 01:52:43 AM »

I've slowed down the development of ZombieRun for the hottest time in the summer. Now I'm starting to gather some speed again. For few weeks I was really excited about the mobile version. I got the mobile version working quite nicely on Android. Now I decided to finish up the core of the game and go from there. I also plan to create a new awesome trailer for the game. It's going to be the most important one - The Release trailer. I plan on releasing the game in the beginning of september. Let's see how that goes.

Also I have thoug about putting the game up on Steam Greenlight, but I still have to look into it to see how to do it properly. Any advice or informative links are welcome.

Some screenshots of new battle levels

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2014, 12:20:00 AM »

This week I focused on multiplayer part of ZombieRun or as I say the most important part. ZombieRun is meant to be a solid party game and gather friends around one screen to take each other on. I invited some of my buddies over and the game was on. Some of then hadn't played before so it was interesting to see them take the first steps in the game. Once again it proved that the simplicity of the game make anyone a pro in just some minutes.

It was very fun night. I found some new bugs and got some good gameplay footage for the next trailer.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2014, 03:00:16 AM »

It seems that I'm finally in a place where I can't think of any excuses not to show my game to everyone. I've started creating the release trailer and it's looking delicious. ZombieRun will be published this October and there's no escape from it. So hide your kids and hide your wife (if you think they will keep you from playing it). More details about the release will be coming soon.

In the mean time I created a gameplay video that shows some Solo game mode action.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2014, 02:44:05 AM »

This week has gone past fast some bug fixes and minor tweaks and  we are ready to go to the stage.

Also there's a new gameplay video out showing the multiplayer action.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 07:11:17 AM »

It's finally happening. ZombieRun is sprinting to the finish line. ZombieRun Will be out on Desura, Indiegamestand and itch.io.

Take a look at the Announcement trailer:

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2014, 08:13:27 AM »

Last few weeks have been very hectic. So much to do before the release. Some hiccups as always. I didn't exactly know how Indiegamestand and Desura worked so did some shooting to my leg there. Anyhow ZombieRun is now Released in itch.io and indiegamestand.com so the zombie blasters can start blasting. It will soon be also in Desura.

Just before the release ZombieRun was at a Game Night event and totally rocked the party. I built a nice booth and had even a friend transform himself to a Zombie to lure in the gamers. Here's a video compilation of the event :

Also I wrote a blog post about the development of ZombieRun and the whole road from start to release. "How To Finish Projects – Inspired By ZombieRun"

Let's start blasting Zombies everybody.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2015, 07:56:05 AM »

It's been quiet around these parts lately. Have taken some time off and then again pushed the accelerator to the floor.

The news are that ZombieRun is now on sale at Desura also I finally submitted the game to Steam Greenlight.
Give thumbs up if you like the zombies to go all the way to the Steam store. ZombieRun @ Greenlight.

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2015, 12:55:35 AM »

Great News!

After being in the Steam Greenlight for little more than 2 months ZombieRun got Greenlit!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=371081610

indrekv
Level 0

Don't panic, just run

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2015, 07:26:06 AM »

There is finally an Android version of ZombieRun out in the wild. The mobile version took a lot of tweaking. 6 months of tweaking to be exact. But now it's finally here and it's free. So all Zombie slayers get your Android ZombieRun going.

ZombieRun for Android can be downloaded from
Google Play
and
Amazon App Store: Amazon App Store

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic