Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:52:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVITAL - w.i.p
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: VITAL - w.i.p  (Read 995 times)
Qunit
Level 0

Concept artist & Graphic Designer

View Profile WWW
« on: February 22, 2013, 01:06:49 AM »

Hey every1,
my first post here after spending some time reviewing the forums, feels like home  Wink

We are E-glu studio, which is a freezing cold little house, with 6 pc and 6 nerds, working on our first project together.

So, this is VITAL, a top-down skill-based arcade game, in which you play as an antidote named "VEE" and fight a deadly virus inside different bodies, during a scientifically experiment.

The game is built using Unity3D and most of the code is C sharp.

Check out our latest video for Shenkar's GameOn exhibition:

The idea, is to navigate the randomly generated arteries, veins and capillaries (different maze layers that contains different types of enemies and power ups), and defeat a randomly generated boss, to save the heart.

VEE's health is represented by light and its' field-of-view, meaning - the more health you have, the more of the maze you see and the better you see it.
So, if your health is low you will see a big dark close-up on VEE.

Much of the game is based on the enemies and their different abilities and design, to create a hostile and repulsive environment   Epileptic

Each enemy will drop eaten blood cells, which are your currency in the game, and later you can upgrade your VEE in the heart's chamber (like a store if you will...).
You will have to spend you blood cells wisely before encountering each of the bosses in order to survive.

So, each time you start a new game you actually generate a new game, with its' own new mazes, enemies and bosses, and will have to adapt as you go along to be able to win.

For some video materials go to our YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/EgluStudio

We have so little so far, what you see here is 2 weeks of work so far,  but we are working on it around the clock, so comments, ideas, hugs and anything with lemon taste will be accepted with open arms  Kiss

Feel free to follow us on Facebook, we update some wierd personal stuff there  Evil
http://www.facebook.com/pages/VITAL-Game/197100833761711

Antway, stay cool  Noir
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 07:44:40 AM by Qunit » Logged

Qunit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 04:40:28 AM »

and just wanted to update you on some sound design we did last night  Blink

hube
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 11:58:17 AM »

Creepy looking monsters, disgusting sounds. I think you've successfully made my face cringe. Bonus points for sock on mic Smiley nice hack.

The animations are really cool looking. I like the idea. Vee looks a bit wimpy though, I hope as the game progresses he turns into more of a bad ass antidote Smiley He looks a bit like a band-aid. I would think he is the one that needs rescuing. Doesn't feel like the hero.

The menu screen looks wicked cool and the loading syringe is an awesome idea.

Qunit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 01:55:05 AM »

well, VEE will evolve and change during your progress, as well as your shots, shield and movment skills, but we still haven't decided if it should be BoI style, where sprites are place on the character itself to make it look diffrenet, or actuaaly changing the model of VEE each upgrade  WTF

anyway tnx for the kind words and for the idea  Grin

will upgrade as soon as we have more!

Qunit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 05:11:13 AM »

Hey again!

We put some work into the randomly level builder, and it look something like this:

The idea is that the level as mentioned is new every time you play it, and will consist of 3 different layers:
the ARTERIES, the VEINS, and the CAPILLARIES.
IMPORTANT to remember - this is a very very early stage in development, so we know the maze isn't perfect yet  Crazy

Each of these layers will have a unique style to its' enemies and environment, and they will be connected in a "loop" formation, with the arteries leading to the capillaries, and the capillaries leading to the veins ( veins to the heart-store ).
In addition, we plan to contain "secret rooms" and special features that are available only at specific layers, like - in the capillaries layer there will be a secret room where you can squeeze into the walls and get alot of white blood-cells to collect.
Any ideas at that area will be soooooo appreciated  Gentleman

Comments will be most welcome, ideas will be most MOST welcome !!  Wizard

like us on facebook for emotional support people!!!! we don't have real jobs  Panda !!!!

BTW
our game designer is drunk and says "hi"

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic