Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:20:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam 2009: USA
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam 2009: USA  (Read 14185 times)
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 12:39:41 AM »

Have you used your powerglove with GlovePIE?  Because if not then I think you're crazy and totally wasting that glove.

To be honest, I really haven't. Although, I am fully aware of GlovePIE's capabilities. It's a mixture of laziness and a lack of things I could do once I have the glove hooked up. I just don't need it for anything, but I suppose I could try for shits and giggles.
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 01:53:12 PM »

Anyone up for a Jam in the Triangle, North Carolina?

I'm not really sure who could host the venue, though, so it might be sort of a non-starter.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 01:01:49 PM »

i like chicago, not like my parents would let me go or anything, though.

cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 09:49:57 AM »

I'd see TIGJam as an opportunity to get help from others who actually know how to make games, so that I could actually learn how to do some stuff. Granted, most of my  lack of game making skills comes from procrastination, but whatever.

Still, I'd love to go there, randomly press buttons on a computer in hopes that it does something, and party.

Also I vote yes on Prop 5347713.

Hey, neato, you can make all of Seattle in leetspeak.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 11:27:38 AM »

The only good thing about Seattle is that you can race through it's sewers as Donald Duck in a Go-Kart.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 02:44:29 PM »

OH MY GOD I REMEMBER THAT
shit was soooo cash.

neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2008, 08:23:52 PM »

shit was soooo cash.

Lips Sealed keep it in /b/. Lips Sealed

Corpus
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 02:20:26 AM »

Lips Sealed keep it in /tigs/ Lips Sealed
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 02:33:09 AM »

Ah, Seattle. Home. Now if I still lived there I would be game but I am in the middle. Yes, Oklahoma. So really I guess east or west is fine by me, the only ting I would be worried about is money. If I knew in advance when we were having it I just might be able to come...

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Michael Buckley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 02:15:50 PM »

I'm going to be moving to Portland in a couple of weeks, so my vote would obviously be for Portland, but the train ride to Seattle is nice.

Of course, with travel costs being what they are these days, I think it makes sense to have regional TIGJams, but it would be nice to have some sort of connection between them.
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »

you guys are forgetting, for TIGjam a location capable of holding the people, wireless, etc. is needed. The reason for Arizona was because Flashbang was willing to hold the people and supply their needs.
Corpus
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 02:51:39 PM »

If you're doing regional jams, they'll probably be smaller than the main US Jam. It'd probably be better to give them a different name to avoid confusion.
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 03:50:12 PM »

If you're doing regional jams, they'll probably be smaller than the main US Jam. It'd probably be better to give them a different name to avoid confusion.
Good idea, corpus
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 08:15:07 PM »

If someone threw a TIGJam in, say, Seattle, I would probably attend.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 05:58:00 AM »

Of course, with travel costs being what they are these days, I think it makes sense to have regional TIGJams, but it would be nice to have some sort of connection between them.

How about we schedule them all on the same weekend and keep an IRC channel open for all the participants?

People with webcams could even put up live streams of each regional Jam.

goldbuick
Level 1

where am I?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 01:51:44 PM »

All of this talk is absolutely meaningless if someone doesn't actually step up to host. Enough with I vote here! or I poll for this! Someone has to foot the bill, someone has to plan and get it together. It pisses me off to hear this talk of oh if someone else did something I'd attend... maybe...

--== AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ==--
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 03:16:51 PM »

All of this talk is absolutely meaningless if someone doesn't actually step up to host. Enough with I vote here! or I poll for this! Someone has to foot the bill, someone has to plan and get it together. It pisses me off to hear this talk of oh if someone else did something I'd attend... maybe...

Finally somebody gets it! XD

You have to have somebody who can host everybody's needs, not just a "cool" location. I.E. Why Flashbang hosted in Arizona. Which I have been saying the entire time...
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 11:05:21 PM »

If someone threw a TIGJam in, say, Seattle, I would probably attend.
I might be up for this too (still a long drive, but not much worse than, say, Vancouver would be).

I definitely agree with you Powergloved Andy, so maybe we should think about the other big side to this: time of year.  The Jam last year being late September (I think?) wasn't bad, but for those of us in university I think it's a little harder to just leave campus and go off to a TIGJam (unless the Jam is in your city).  Because of this the only school-year Jam I could go to would have to be in Winnipeg, and actually, in terms of finding a space and having hosts, Alec and Infinite Ammo seem to have looked into that a little bit (Wrong thread though, this being the U.S. one and all).  I guess my preference would be Jams in the summer, as it's a lot easier to take a bit of time off work and head to a Jam than it is during the school year.  It also leaves open the possibility of road trips for those that have quite the distance to travel.
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 10:50:20 PM »

I don't care where this is I want to be there and I want to play music live.

hi
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic