Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:53:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTales of Seven Wind Island
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Tales of Seven Wind Island  (Read 8578 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 06:05:50 PM »

That is some of the most creative character designs I've seen in my life.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Madgarden
Level 1

C=

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 08:54:06 PM »

Wow, that is some really imaginative and inspiring stuff. Must download!
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 09:53:10 PM »

That is some crazy good artwork there.....I especially love this one:

My girlfriend says it's a "Mosquakasaur" lol....

I like this one too:

Thanks for the artwork:) I haven't seen anything like this in awhile(or at all for that matter...)

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 08:05:18 PM »

Cry I love you man.
This is the most collectively huge collectively collected collection of awesome art EVER. The inspiration is oozing into my pores.

I...I need to draw something.

*goes off to doodle*

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 08:23:07 PM »

Cry I love you man.
This is the most collectively huge collectively collected collection of awesome art EVER. The inspiration is oozing into my pores.

I...I need to draw something.

*goes off to doodle*

Man, I am right there with you....stuff like this makes me glad that I decided to get the old box o' crayons out this semester and take basic drawing Smiley

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
the_dannobot
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2007, 07:53:30 AM »

Wow, thanks for posting all that art!  That stuff is really, really cool. 

Dannobot on Twitter
sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2007, 09:21:28 AM »

I wish more games nowadays provided concept art (not press art) as unlockables or whatever.  DVD Movie-like extras in games that aren't just purely fluffy press footage would be nice.  I bet we'd see some really interesting stuff from certain companies, in early designs and concepts.

Pigbuster
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2007, 05:54:38 PM »

I love looking through concept art, though there's usually something which makes me say "Damn, why didn't they put that in the game?"

In Metroid Prime 2, there is this awesome concept picture of what looked like a final boss of some sort, with a person surrounded by scrap metal in a vaguely human shape with a huge cannon on one arm, and it was grabbing at the tiles on the ground and pulling them up, revealing fire from underneath. From the comparison to the little doodle of Samus, it was also going to be gigantic.

Which only made it even more annoying that the actual final boss wasn't nearly as epic. The early concepts for Dark Samus looked a lot better too.

I have an affinity for light sketchy drawings, too, so I almost always find the concept art more appealing and expressive than the actual clean, boring models. Tongue

I don't believe I have posted in this thread yet, actually, so I should say that I want to be a character designer and this kind of stuff is the perfect inspiration.

Are there any other games that have character designs as good as this?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 05:56:10 PM by Pigbuster » Logged
Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007, 05:36:08 PM »

They could do something like 'Odin Sphere' with art at that resolution. Also, the long limbed characters would be easier to animate with a 2d bone system. But doing a game with such charismatic artwork would be too dangerous for mainstream studios nowadays, because they would be in the artist's power. They commission the concept art and have disposable employees work on very generic 3d instead.
oh...
What was that about Debbie Downer?...
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic