Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411885 Posts in 69426 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: szálamireaktor

June 06, 2024, 06:15:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPulse: Origins, our first public prototype!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pulse: Origins, our first public prototype!  (Read 579 times)
FluxusStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2013, 05:18:23 PM »

Hello,
We've recently decided to release a public version of our prototype of "Pulse: Origins", a fast paced hack and slash action RPG game.
This game is designed to give the player a lot of control over how he plans to survive in a hostile environment, he is equipped with 4 weapons which have 12 skills each, but you can only use 4 skills at a time. But with 4 weapons and 4 skills each, you are actually able to use 16 skills at a time. This game is inspired by Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 and League of Legends, we wanted the character to be able to either be a tank, assassin, brawler, or ranged, and allow the player to fully customize these features and balance them to their own liking!

Download page

Right now we're really just trying to perfect the core gameplay of the game.

We are currently aware of a few bugs :

• Player/enemies sometimes gets stuck in wall
  • UI elements don't scale with screen resolution
  • Melee enemies randomly stop when chasing you
  • The damage is not well timed with the animations
  • Some tooltip information is not accurate

Things we are planning to implement next update :

• passive skill system
  • agile enemy type
  • The missing spell for the hammer weapon : Heal

We appreciate all the feedback we can get!
But we're also interested a few things like:

• Least used weapon and why
  • Most used weapon and why
  • Was the game too easy or too hard
  • Bugs and other problems you encountered
  • Ideas that you would like to see implemented in the game

Thank you for taking the time to check this out !
mason
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:19:09 AM »

This is pretty cool. There's one thing I'm worried about though. Would it be viable to only use one weapon throughout the whole game? In the video, you mentioned that different weapons can satisfy different play styles, which sounds great, but then you went on about how each weapon is good for different situations. I could be wrong, but it sounds kind of contradictory to me.

Also, how about a spear weapon? Spears are really under-appreciated in my opinion.

FluxusStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 08:49:42 AM »

Thanks for your feedback! You bring up an important question. It is currently possible to use one weapon throughout the whole game, but using all the weapons will just make it easier on you. It's hard to tell if it will stay like this or not because we haven't yet implemented all the desired gameplay features. The idea is that the player can customize every weapon depending on how much he uses it, if you use the sword weapon a lot it will gain more levels than other weapons, increasing it's stats. However, we still need to do a lot of testing and tweaking to really give out the feeling that every weapon is balanced.

Also thanks for the spear weapon idea, it's definitely not a bad choice for a weapon. But it's a bit of a sci-fi game and I don't know, spears don't feel so sci-fi. But I will keep this idea still! Smiley Thank you very much.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic