Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 05:46:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsOfficial Roster for TIGJam:UK
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Official Roster for TIGJam:UK  (Read 13264 times)
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: October 10, 2008, 03:41:54 PM »

I bought a ticket earlier so I thought it might be cool to start one of these threads for the new TIGJam, and get an idea of who else is gonna be there! I'm just going to use Lith's questions, but I'm also adding a rule - you have to add your own question, and everybody else has to answer it! Or not :D

Anyway, here goes...

Name: Terry! I take it this applies more to people who use handles Tongue

What I does: Design! Nothing would make me happier than to spend three days making levels! Kiss Failing that, I also program - mostly I use C++ with Allegro, along with a framework of game routines that I've built up over the years. At a stretch I can compose music too (I play guitar and accordion), though I don't really know my way around music making programs too well. That's something I hope to learn a little bit about during the jam, if possible...

Some of the things I've worked on: I've entered little games into the last three contests here - Squish for the demakes contest, Self Destruct for the Procedural Generation contest and We Love Mind Control Rocket for the VGNG contest. My main project at the moment though is Ciellus, in collaboration with Annabelle Kennedy. Going back further, I've got a tonne of abandoned RPG projects and I made quite a few minigames in the QBasic scene. I've also dabbled a bit in GBA coding.

What I want out of TIGjam: Beer! Also, I want to work on some new minigames and collaborate with some new people! I think it would be really cool if we had a sorta poppenkast type contest on the first night, where we all just made throwaway 3 hour games together before working on something a bit bigger for the rest of the weekend...

Also I'd love to meet a few people from the English indie dev scene, since I'm sorta thinking about moving to London next year.

Prefered type of alcohol: Sweet ciders (like Kopparberg) or Wine!

increpare
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 03:57:05 PM »

Name: Stephen (srsly).

What I does:  I guess I code?  Mainly 2D stuff, though I'm not uncomfortable with 3D stuff either; I like doing music stuff as well.  Not at all averse to doing graphics either Wink

Some of the things I've worked on:  Covalency, Lightcone, Portile, and Lady Boy Love Collection.  Currently working on: a series of essays on the crush/fez genre, Composer for Commission, The Mirror Stage, and (though it's sort of on the back-burner ATM) Krystallnacht.  Also: I've entered stuff most of the TIGsource music challenges.

What I want out of TIGjam:  I don't know.  To have a fun time.  Working on games would be fun.  Especially with fun people.  Especially if the games were fun.  Especially if everyone was working on several games with several different people at once Wink  3-hour challenge on the first night sounds like fun Smiley

Prefered type of alcohol: non-

Desirous of accommodation:  Yes.  Anyone have a bed/couch/floor to spare?
Corpus
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 02:29:49 PM »

Name: Donald Futers. Mr Futers to you.

What I does:  I do... a variety of things. I enjoy trying to think up unusual/innovative game design concepts. Sometimes I succeed. I know how to use GameMaker. I've coded 2D engines in C++ using SDL, have experience of a variety of other languages such as Python and the dubious ActionScript, and am currently learning to add OpenGL to the aforementioned C++/SDL combo gutpunch. I'm not the strongest coder in the world, but I tend to be able to pick things up fairly quickly. Also, I do art and graphic design. Oh, and I write things, though how relevant that might be to the Jam I'm not sure.

Some of the things I've worked on:  Larkin, an unfinished PGC entry (still being worked on in an intensely leisurely fashion). A thread showing some of the art I've done at school (acrylic paintings, mostly). The poster I made for this very event. Various writings, which I'll provide a link to as soon as I upload them to my website. Sprite of the Golden Knight for Indie Brawl.

What I want out of TIGjam:  I want to have a pleasant time and work on some cool stuff. As you can probably tell, I sometimes have trouble finishing things, and I think the focused nature of the Jam, as well as the opportunity to work in a small team, will help me to complete a project (the same goes for a 3-hour challenge, which sounds like a really fun idea Smiley). I'd quite like an excuse to try to think of an interesting art style to be used in a game. Also, I'd like to meet people from the English indie dev scene, as it's something I'm considering pursuing once I emerge from university in a few years' time.

Prefered type of alcohol: Guinness, Corona and, depending on my mood, maybe some wine. Probably best to avoid spirits because we don't want things to get messy.

Desirous of accommodation: Yes. What increpare said. I'm too cheap to be able to afford a hotel room. If it comes to it, I'll just sleep in my chair. Hopefully it won't.

If you could be any animal, which animal would you be? Why, a Happybara, of course.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 02:45:29 PM »

(like Kopparberg)

I thought Kopparberg only existed in Sweden Shocked

gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 03:27:00 AM »

Name: Robin Lacey

What I does: I’m a producer and co-founder of Beatnik Games.  I guess my role is more of the “business” side of game development – it’s a mucky job, but someone has to do it Wink

Some of  the things I worked on: Plain Sight is our first game. If you have a moment free, you’ll be able to play it at the JAM (and tell us if you think it sucks).

What I want out of TIGjam: I want everyone to have a great time – that’s pretty much it really Smiley

Prefered type of alcohol? As long as it's in sufficient quantities – im not picky.

If you could be any animal, which animal would you be? The mokele mbembe (….it was on tv last night)

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 07:57:20 AM »

Name: Aubrey Hesselgren

What I does: Technical Game Designer at Splash Damage in Bromley.

Some of  the things I worked on:
No professional releases to speak of, yet. I started out working on Quake 2 mods (

and

being the main two), then worked on my own game called "K" which I didn't end up releasing because me mam chucked me out of the house and told me to go and get a proper job. Worked as Lead Designer on HoopWorld at Stream Line Studios, where I met Tommy Refenes. We worked on Goo!(2) for about a year before I had a nervous breakdown, and now I'm working on stuff at Splash Damage that I cannot possibly talk about. I worked on a

for the TIGs Procedural Compo. That was in XNA. Terry couldn't play it. If terry plays it at this jam, he must be prepared for disappointment.

What I want out of TIGjam:
Sometimes I get stumped with what I'd like to actually do at a Jam, but this time, I'm pretty sure I know what I'd like to have a healthy stab at making. I've had it on my mind for a while now, and my trip home from somerset just now was full of good omens... wiggly lines everywhere: it's a sort of re-make of Dot Stream (which I haven't played, personally, but which a friend said would be what I'd make if I ever made a racing game), but with analogue controls, loads of curves, lots of cool ways to earn boost off the environment and other players (a bit like an abstract take on burnout), and with a lot of rewards for fine motor control. And hopefully a cool procedurally/demosceney art style.

I'd also like to meet more of the people in the London indie scene. And I just realized that this thing is hosted by beatniks, who I am going to see this Friday for the first time, which is a pretty cool co-incidence! Very much looking forward to plain sight, since, um, it looks exactly the sort of platform/fighter game I'd make if I were to make a platform/fighter game :D.

If some of the dudes there are going to use game maker, I'd love to see how it works, because it seems really hassle free when it comes to distribution (unlike XNA, which I love to develop with, but... distributables! Ahgh! Terry can't play it so WHAT'S THE USE OF IT, EH?) as well as being fast to dev in (an infinite number of cactus games can't be wrong).

Prefered type of alcohol? Cold beer on a hot day. Or a cold day. Preferably a brand which has spent sufficient marketing dollars to convince me that it's nice and refined and for fancy people, rather than some chemical swill used to hose down racist football rioters every saturday. Psychologists agree: you taste the brand.

If you could be any animal, which animal would you be?
An African Grey Parrot. Mad linguistic skills. I would say "fuck fuck fuck knickers" all day long and people would find it adorable, rather than the current state of affairs, where I'm told to stop watching The Wire and get back to work.

I am the current lucasian professor of mathematics at the university of cambridge, Dr. Stephen Hawkins. But who am I?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 05:32:29 AM by Bezzy » Logged

BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 09:29:38 AM »

Name: Ben Hickling

What I does: I do a bit of everything, really. I suppose my stronger skills are coding, art and design.

Some of  the things I worked on: Axion (4 colour compo shooter), Biddie Crisis, a bunch of old games back when I was in O³ Software (long time ago!) and a few flash games which were made purely for the purpose of earning me some money, so I'm hardly proud of them. Wink

What I want out of TIGjam: I just enjoy meeting other people who have a common interest. Not sure if I'll get any game-making done since I don't have a laptop, although I suppose I could steal my sister's. Not sure what its capable of, though! Making some quick mini-games in Game Maker sounds good, though. Smiley

Prefered type of alcohol:
Pretty much anything but wine and most spirits (excluding rum!). Usually drink cider or beer. Gentleman

Desirous of accommodation:
If I can find a floor to crash on, that'd be great. I'd like to stay for the duration of the jam, but if I can't find anywhere to sleep then I guess it will just have to be a day visit. Sad

If you could be any animal, which animal would you be?
A hat
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:33:28 AM by BenH » Logged

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 05:29:43 PM »

...I worked on a

for the TIGs Procedural Compo. That was in XNA. Terry couldn't play it. If terry plays it at this jam, he must be prepared for disappointment.

Can't wait! Beer!

(wait, what?)

If some of the dudes there are going to use game maker, I'd love to see how it works, because it seems really hassle free when it comes to distribution (unlike XNA, which I love to develop with, but... distributables! Ahgh! Terry can't play it so WHAT'S THE USE OF IT, EH?) as well as being fast to dev in (an infinite number of cactus games can't be wrong).

Actually my laptop sometimes has trouble with game maker games too Sad And it makes loud whirring noises after tens minute or so of running intensive applications, like solitaire.

gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 01:15:47 AM »

And I just realized that this thing is hosted by beatniks, who I am going to see this Friday for the first time, which is a pretty cool co-incidence! Very much looking forward to plain sight, since, um, it looks exactly the sort of platform/fighter game I'd make if I were to make a platform/fighter game :D.

Hey! Awesome that you're going to make it to the XNA:UK(http://xna-uk.net/) shindig this friday! I thought I recognised your nickname from their forums...

Also v.interesting to hear that you worked on Goo – it’s a fantastic game. We had the pleasure of hanging out with Tommy (and help man to Goo kiosk) at Austin GDC.. I can’t wait to get my hand on a final build Smiley

See you Friday!

Robin

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 04:02:11 AM »

Name: Hayden Scott-Baron (but most of my friends IRL call me Dock)

What I does: Mostly a graphic artist, doing 3D, 2D and illustration. Can do 2D sprite animation, but not really 3D animation.  I also do games design and programming, but I only program in Unity, and not very well.

Some of  the things I worked on: Pro stuff: Rollercoaster Tycoon 2+3+expansions, Thrillville 1+2, LostWinds, some mobile phone stuff. 
Indie stuff: Tumbledrop.

What I want out of TIGjam: Mostly to meet up with like-minded individuals. Not sure whether I can really get much game development done there, but I'll have my laptop, wacom tablet and I have personal projects to chip away at if nothing else.   

Prefered type of alcohol: Light beer such as Asahi or Leffe Blonde, but beer and wine in general is all good. Kaluha + Milk is very yummy too, tastes like alco-nesquik.

Desirous of accommodation: I have a friend who lives in Zone 2, so I'm sorted for somewhere nearby-ish to stay.

If you could be any animal, which animal would you be? So long as it can type sixty words a minute and use a pencil, I don't mind which.

twitter: @docky
fikey
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 03:17:20 AM »

hey guys,I just register for the jam ...still don't know how it'll work but I looking forward to create marvelous games:)

Name: Ben Fiquet

What I does: I'm an artist ,specialized in 2d and animation...but I like working on everything from illustration to 3d modeling ,sculpting ,video games and so on.

Some of  the things I worked on: I did a graduation 2d movie with 4 of my friends here : http://www.pyrats.net and few others movies you can see on my website.
Then I've been art directing "soul bubbles" ,a nintendo DS game physics based( recently french awarded by the way).
And I'm in London since a year ,working for animation companies as a freelance ,mostly for concept art and character design.

What I want out of TIGjam: Well, I'm a huge fan of indie games and looking everyday for the news about the scene ,then I saw the TIGJAM UK ,so I thought that was a good opportunity to at least meet passionated people ,maybe work on great games.

Prefered type of alcohol: wine guys ....don't lose yourselves into boozes. Cultural differences I suppose Wink

If you could be any animal, which animal would you be?: What's the difference between a duck?

see you there Smiley

edit>it appears that I don't really have access to a proper laptop ... I was wondering if someone had a spare laptop to bring ...pleaaaase
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 07:10:19 AM by fikey » Logged
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 08:06:04 AM »

Name: Alex May

What I does: Programming. Game Design Lite.

Some of  the things I worked on: Cottage of Doom, Dyson. Also (professionally) Stolen (PS2), and a bunch of other crap.

What I want out of TIGjam: I want to make some crappy game that makes us all laugh while we make it and then makes us laugh again when we play it. And makes us laugh while we think it up.

Prefered type of alcohol: Boozy stuff. I don't like Sambuca.

Desirous of accommodation: Nope. I have a flat here in London but no spare beds sadly. Even the sofa is bad to sleep on. I will have to ask the wife about this but if she's okay with it, if you guys bring air beds or something I can put you up on the floor like. Probably fit three or four of you at least. Then again, if you're bringing something like that then we might as well make a night of it in the office, saves travel time right?

If you could be any animal, which animal would you be? No idea. A koala.

BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 10:53:29 AM »

Still not 100% sure if I'll be able to afford to go (should be able to), but since Haowan mentioned it, would we be able to stay in the office over night? I'm not sure what I'm going to do about accommodation, but I'm happy to sleep on the floor if I bring a sleeping bag! :D

Corpus
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 10:57:41 AM »

Yeah, that's my backup plan. I don't know how cramped or otherwise it'll be, though, so I don't think many people could count on being able to do it.

But yeah, if you come we'll consider your floor-space bagsied, bogsied or however else you might wish to put it.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 11:07:30 AM »

If you buy coffee/energy drinks there will be no problem with staying up the entire weekend Well, hello there!

increpare
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 11:15:45 AM »

The chief advantage of being on someone's floor is getting to use their shower I think.  Erm...your floor is also quite popular but, given your wife's consent, I would really like to take you up on the offer as well.  Of course, if we end up pulling lots of all-nighters, that's fine with me as well I guess (so long as I get to shower at some point).

Anyway: I am very happy to hear that you'll be coming along.
Corpus
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 11:29:14 AM »

Yeah, I'm glad you can come, Haowan.

Oh, and I'd also be very happy to take you up on the offer, but, like I said on IRC, only if your wife is 100% cool with it.
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 12:14:16 PM »

Glad to see you on board, Haowan!
TigJamUK is looking pretty cool.

twitter: @docky
Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 01:00:48 PM »

Name: James/Jim/Jimbob Riley

What I does: Umm... pixelling, occasional voice-FX, MMF2 (for quick prototyping) and testing testing testing. I'll test the hell out of your game.

Some of the things I worked on: Fake Pig 2, Hickory, Ork Attack, Arena Runner.

What I want out of TIGjam: I'm currently brushing up getting some proper coding skills so helping out at that would be cool. Working on Lovecraft entry, drinking, playing some cool games, showing some WIPs, shooting the shit.   

Prefered type of alcohol: I'm not a picky man. But I usually stay clear of the red wine.

Desirous of accommodation: If I get there on Friday, yes. Saturday I don't plan on sleeping much.

If you could be any animal, which animal would you be?: Bat...man. uhh..

Last release: sync::routine
Mightypea
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 07:42:06 AM »

Thanks to the combined generosity of the gentlemanly gentleman Bezzy and whichever Beatnik it is that has agree to lend me their laptop, I'll be there!

Name: Michael / Mighty Pea

What I does: Arty things. 3d, mostly. Here's my flickr: http://flickr.com/photos/michaelknubben/
Some of the things I worked on: Err, nothing indie. At least, I don't think so. Some of the stuff I did freelance might have been, but I suspect that was more in the 'budget'-category of titles.

edit: I've also got a guitar and a midi-keyboard, although the latter is gigantic. I wouldn't mind lending my mediocre skills to a TigJam-jam, so let me know if there's going to be any musical types around.

What I want out of TIGjam: Drinks, chatting to tiggers (possibly while drinking) and hopefully contributing to some wonderful games!

Prefered type of alcohol: I do love me some abbey-beer. Hmmmm. And to think people say religion's never done them any good!

Desirous of accommodation: I live in Hackney, so I should be able to get home easily enough. I'll need to check with my walking calendar/significant other, but if Hotel Chéz Pea isn't already booked, I can accommodate two tiggers on our really comfy 2-person air-bed. Bezzy gets dibs though, if he needs somewhere to stay.

If you could be any animal, which animal would you be?: Animal from The Muppets.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic