Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411471 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 09:32:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Thin Silence (formerly Proof) - out now!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Author Topic: The Thin Silence (formerly Proof) - out now!!!  (Read 50075 times)
iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »

Happy New Year everyone! We're pretty excited about 2016, as we're going to finally finish this project (we _hope_). Given all the usual stuff about new starts at new years, we have an announcement:

The game is no longer called Proof, we grew very fond of the name but it's always been a placeholder (it's short for Proof of Concept). It's also never really aligned with the theme of game.

So, as you can see from the thread title, the game is now known as "The Thin Silence". We're not going to explain that at all. Smiley But enjoy the pretty picture.

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: January 01, 2016, 06:46:00 PM »

Beautiful stuff, man!

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: January 01, 2016, 06:53:28 PM »

Nightamerica was on mobile, right? Is The Thin Silence also coming to mobile?

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: January 02, 2016, 03:10:16 AM »

Beautiful stuff, man!

Thanks!

Nightamerica was on mobile, right? Is The Thin Silence also coming to mobile?

Yeah, Nightmerica was on iOS, but we're moving away from that now, back to our roots on PC. It is a pain to make games for iOS. The Thin Silence will be released on Windows/Mac/Linux.

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: January 07, 2016, 04:40:44 AM »

We've been doing some tweaks mostly this week, and I moved cities, so by "we", I mean Ben. We've also got some improved artwork coming out:

And the boulder-on-a-wire gameplay elements actually have a wire now, not just a floating boulder:

... That one is a bit less exciting, but definitely essential. More soon!  Beer!

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2016, 02:35:43 AM »

Hey everyone! Just a couple of images for you today! One is a revamped version of the earlier cutscene still, and the others... well, they're something special upcoming  Cheesy Well, hello there! Crazy

As usual, click any of the images for better resolutions (scaling does some bad things), and let us know what you think!
Cutscene Still:

Those aren't lions! They're mice!

So Majestic!

A round of applause for our dedicated artist/programmer/slave labourer Ben (check out his twitter @vivavolt), ladies and gentlemen!!! More soon!

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2016, 04:28:02 PM »

Forgot to post this before! You can see the forest area in motion here.

I'd put the gif here, but Gfycat is broken

Shrug More soon!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:23:34 AM by iammonshushu » Logged

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2016, 04:04:29 AM »

Quick update to show off the almost complete computer system:

Here you can see me "hack" in by guessing the password, and browsing some emails. The computer system has actually grown from a very simple interface to something fairly substantial throughout development.

Most of the other work either isn't quite ready to show off, or is just code based at the moment!

Speaking of which, we've crossed 30000 lines of game code (not including engine and framework logic). This is a very large codebase to be responsible for now, and boy do I wish I knew more about what I was doing when I first started.

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2016, 02:26:46 PM »

Another image progression today, been working on the "flashback" effect:

Original for comparison

Installing Punk.fx

Feelings at this stage

But then!

And finally...

As usual, click any of the images for better resolutions (scaling does some bad things), and let us know what you think!

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2016, 02:47:09 PM »

this is really cool, hope to see that in the game.
iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2016, 01:34:46 PM »

New mechanics for the game: wind. This will feature a lot more in the later game. I think its beautiful.

Take One

With Randomness

The next step is to work out a global "gust position", so the wind progresses across the screen.

As usual, click any of the images for better resolutions (they look a LOT better), and let us know what you think!

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2016, 07:16:42 PM »

Working on the cliff area graphics lately (lots of little changes, coming up to big news soon...) You can see the difference here from where we were with this 9 months ago.

Before

After

And we're not done yet! This has only been the first step in the process - nailing the art direction. We've still got to fill this area with assets that fit with this style.

As usual, click any of the images for better resolutions, and let us know what you think!

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2016, 01:52:57 AM »

Its Screenshot Saturday! (gifs count right?)

(As usual, click to view in HD on Gfycat)

We've got a lot of little fixes done this week, and some nifty little things like birds etc. Most notably, @vivavolt has redone the assets pipeline to be much faster, and doubled the FPS in the cutscene with sorcery.

Wizard Well, hello there! Durr...?Toast Right

I'll ask him to do a technical writeup at some stage. In the meantime, look forward to animated NPCs in the near future!

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: March 03, 2016, 03:37:29 AM »

Hey! We've been very busy, working on a lot of new art assets!

NPCs for the new area

We've also done some more subtle changes to the snow effects:

More soon!

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2016, 05:25:38 AM »

Hey everyone! New art coming your way. This is the progression of a building for the wooded area for the game, just to spice it up a bit. Click any photo to see the album and better resolutions:

We're changing the orange, and tidying up a little bit, but otherwise, not bad for a half-hour's work! Its almost impossible to tell how colours are going to look after the filter and lighting in game, so it's easier to work with colours you've used before to work out the shading in general, and then adjust these based on the in-game result. We'll have the final version, and more coming soon!

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2016, 03:12:42 AM »

House artwork Part 2

And that's the finished product! We're doing a lot of similar asset creation at the moment, which is rewarding in its own way, but we're going to be very glad to get back to the heart of the game when we starting putting the finals levels together... More soon!

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2016, 02:31:48 AM »

Hey everyone! Been a bit of a break in transmission, lots of behind the scenes stuff, nothing to show off! But now I've got lovely new screenshots to show you!

The Cliffs

New Wind Effects!

As usual, click any of the images for better resolutions, and let us know what you think!

sidbarnhoorn
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2016, 03:41:47 AM »

This looks very good! Looking forward to playing it. :-)

Siddhartha Barnhoorn
--------------------
Award winning composer

Composed music for the games Antichamber, Out There, The Stanley Parable, Planet Alpha...

http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com
Bandcamp:
https://siddharthabarnhoorn.bandcamp.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SidBarnhoorn
cloudgods
Level 0

im j

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2016, 05:48:32 AM »

The wind is a really nice touch! I'm honestly in love with the computer screens and the text + layout + design. Your game is really beautiful.

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2016, 06:55:35 PM »

The wind is a really nice touch! I'm honestly in love with the computer screens and the text + layout + design. Your game is really beautiful.
This looks very good! Looking forward to playing it. :-)

Thanks guys! Have another gif!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic