Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:49:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Thin Silence (formerly Proof) - out now!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print
Author Topic: The Thin Silence (formerly Proof) - out now!!!  (Read 50082 times)
iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2016, 04:18:45 PM »

Happy Friday Everyone! Have some more art!

Area 2 Improvements

Never learnt to swim...

As usual, click any of the images for better resolutions, and let us know what you think! We're working up to some big news in the coming week/s...

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2016, 09:54:45 PM »

Happy Wednesday everyone! Here's a peak at the new item menu memory system - it remembers what items you've used recently! Remaking some items was getting... tedious.

(Click for a better resolution version)

Also, after giving the idea to someone else, we went ahead and implemented boxes spinning when they fall off an edge. Still needs a little tweaking perhaps.

That's all for now! Game-devs, AWAY!

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2016, 05:46:59 PM »

You need a bright zone. This game is too dark. I guess it doesn't help that it's all set underground...

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2016, 06:58:01 PM »

Hey Everyone! More gifs today!

I'm so sorry! The gfycat gif links aren't working, so I've been forced to use still image thumbnails. They're linked to the full Gfys though.

Row Row Row Your Boat!

Forgot my bathers...

More soon!

Kakapio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2016, 11:54:22 AM »

Hey Everyone! More gifs today!

I'm so sorry! The gfycat gif links aren't working, so I've been forced to use still image thumbnails. They're linked to the full Gfys though.

Row Row Row Your Boat!

Forgot my bathers...

More soon!

Is this made in Unity?

What will you make?

Twitter
Scarlet Tower DevLog
iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2016, 09:44:24 PM »

Is this made in Unity?

No actually! We're making it in FlashBuilder, using Aseprite for graphics, Ogmo editor for level design. Ben could give you a better run down than I can about why, but we're looking at unity for future games.

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2016, 09:55:05 PM »

Is this made in Unity?

We're using Adobe AIR and our own custom framework built on Flashpunk (see https://github.com/volticgames/volticpunk). We started this game back when people were, you know, actually still using these technologies. It's given us heaps of control over everything, since it's relatively simple but we battle with AIR quite a lot. Very happy with the APIs and abstractions we use though. I write a lot of C# these days and I've been experimenting with Unity prototypes in my free time, and I like a lot about it. Not sure I love the idea of being so dependent on the Unity team to fix things though.

I've also been considering LibGDX or MonoGame but both provide very little compared to Unity and I don't want to spend months writing an engine.

Nico May
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: June 02, 2016, 06:36:14 PM »

Have you considered porting to Haxepunk? I don't use that lib but I use Haxe and it's awesome, target basically anything from one codebase, and it'll be familiar to you from actionscript (though I didn't come from there)

http://haxepunk.com/

http://haxe.org/

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2016, 07:47:06 PM »

Hola! We have new images! This is a tree. If you don't know what a tree is, you should probably go outside... or play Donkey Kong or something?

Version One

Better Lighting

In Other News

And controller support is in the game! I'm assured it only took half of Ben's natural lifespan.
Have you considered porting to Haxepunk?
Short answer is yes, we looked at it, but we would have had some serious trouble moving over because of how customised our engine is. Ben promises to mention a little more about it when he gets a chance. As usual, click any of the images for better resolutions, and let us know what you think!

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: June 08, 2016, 07:48:48 PM »

Have you considered porting to Haxepunk? I don't use that lib but I use Haxe and it's awesome, target basically anything from one codebase, and it'll be familiar to you from actionscript (though I didn't come from there)

http://haxepunk.com/

http://haxe.org/

Yeah I've done quite a bit of research into Haxe and Haxepunk. The language itself is a great extension of the AS3 ideas, but the tooling is a bit lacking... There aren't any good IDE experiences on Mac for Haxe right now. IntelliJ supports it, but debugger support is a nightmare and I'm really not willing to give that up at this stage. Haxepunk is also not direct port and is almost abandoned at this point. Porting our asset toolchain and all the framework code over would be a solid few months work which we can't really afford to do.

Realistically it's just a lot of work and sacrifice for only a marginal gain. I'm also happier with C# as a gamedev language for future projects. Haxe is cool, but I now prefer very strongly typed languages for games and then dynamically typed ones for scripting etc. C# also has pretty much everything I like about Haxe anyway, so it's kinda a win-win.

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2016, 05:34:46 PM »

Hey everyone! Here's some new screenshots! We've been working on some stone buildings for later in the game, and then doing some general graphical improvements to some of the gameplay items.

As usual, click any of the images for better resolutions, and let us know what you think!

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2016, 05:41:04 PM »

Hey! Just a quick post today, been doing some animations and improving things through the early game.

What's that noise?!!

Art getting better

Click for the gfy, and let us know what you think! We've got some big news coming up, but we're  dotting the t's and crossing the i's now. More soon!

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: July 20, 2016, 04:21:20 AM »

... Tiny update while we're still sorting out some business related things.

Here's a shrine! Work in progress (as always).

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2016, 03:24:01 PM »

Hey guys! So, the day has finally come.

We're on Greenlight!

And, to add to that, we have an "announcement" trailer!

I'm sure you all know how this goes, we really would love your support. This is the first big public outing / viewing of the game, and we're excited to see what you all think. Check out our website, presskit and everything else too while you're at it!

We'll be starting up alpha testing soon, so if you're interested in that you can sign up to the email list or just keep an eye on this thread when we announce it.

Greenlight - Website

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: August 05, 2016, 01:46:54 AM »

Hey guys! A day and a bit in and we're going well. We need to keep up the pace though.

If any of you guys haven't voted yet, we'd really appreciate your support. I'll keep updating with progress reports so you can get some insight. I'll write about our strategy later.

Here are some bonus gameplay gifs:

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2016, 11:11:35 PM »

Our progress has slowed down a fair bit on day 2. We're still doing better than the current #100 did, but really dropped off today.

Have some more gifs anyway!

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: August 06, 2016, 03:57:49 PM »

We have hit the wall. I think it could be due to the weekend, or just due to not being in the recent submissions queue anymore. Regardless, it sucks.

As always, if you haven't yet, Please Vote

iammonshushu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: August 07, 2016, 12:01:41 AM »

Hey everyone! Hope everyone's having a great weekend! Been stressing over Greenlight  Waaagh! but otherwise, just working on getting a playable version of the game! Here are some of the new mechanics we've been working on for the game. We've got these giant prayer wheels that you can interact with in a few ways, although a few parts need work:

New mechanics: fire!

Exactly as intended...

We can't wait to get people playing the game, and its going to be be super soon. As usual, click on the images for better resolutions!

Until then, if you haven't yet, Please Vote for Us on Greenlight!

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2016, 03:40:31 PM »

Another Greenlight update! Things aren't moving anywhere fast at the moment, but there's not much to be done about that except just keep on keeping on. We're heading towards a private alpha (maybe including some youtubers) soon, so that might get us some more attention.

Pretty sure the graph (bottom left) is broken today, otherwise we'd already be in the top 100. It's a nice idea though?

vivavolt
Level 2

butts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2016, 10:05:29 PM »

Not many votes overnight, but Valve seems to have greenlit quite a few games so we've jumped up to 64% of the way to the top 100.

There's not much we can really do right now for more attention. We may be getting our alpha together in a few weeks, so if we're still waiting then that might give us a boost.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic